Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

53 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

We were living in a 3rd floor apt (top floor) without elevator. My elderly mother had trouble climbing all these stairs and offered us a free interest loan to buy another apt, this time with elevator.

We weren't interested in changing neighborhood and it took us 5 years to find what we were looking for, after "patrolling" the neighborhood every Saturday. The builder was just installing the billboard advertising "new apts" and right there we "accosted" him and asked to buy.

He told us that he hasn't even a building permit yet... so our lawyer drafted a buying agreement "depending on the building permit being achieved"...

It took another year until the permit was obtained, and another 2 years to build the building (5 floors, 14 apts.)

Due to the shelter regulations, we couldn't change the infrastructure, only the tiles, and had custom made kitchen and bathroom cabinets. It was our 1st time, like yours, and I enjoy looking at the fixtures I know I'm "responsible" for choosing them....😁

Things are certainly different. Here, we would call those apartments, condos. Here, at least in Florida, we call multiple units that one rents, a apartment. We noticed in Isarel, the called them apartments even though they owned them. I’m not really sure what they call the high rises in places like NYC. 

The boss tells me “we” have decided to add the second story feature to our build. That puts it up to 6000+ sq/ft under air. It’s on a 1/2 acre. The big reason for our move is additional garage space. We currently have a 3 car but are building 6 car.  All I say is “yes mam”. 

M8

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

So, near the center, a middle class semi attached/attached 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, on a 62 acres lot will sell between 1.280.000$ to 1.485.000$.

Should have asked earlier.  Are those amounts in Israeli shekels or US dollars.  

Edited by Domino D
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

We were living in a 3rd floor apt (top floor) without elevator. My elderly mother had trouble climbing all these stairs and offered us a free interest loan to buy another apt, this time with elevator.

We weren't interested in changing neighborhood and it took us 5 years to find what we were looking for, after "patrolling" the neighborhood every Saturday. The builder was just installing the billboard advertising "new apts" and right there we "accosted" him and asked to buy.

He told us that he hasn't even a building permit yet... so our lawyer drafted a buying agreement "depending on the building permit being achieved"...

It took another year until the permit was obtained, and another 2 years to build the building (5 floors, 14 apts.)

Due to the shelter regulations, we couldn't change the infrastructure, only the tiles, and had custom made kitchen and bathroom cabinets. It was our 1st time, like yours, and I enjoy looking at the fixtures I know I'm "responsible" for choosing them....😁

I love your will.

2 hours ago, island lady said:

To avoid that hassle, the houses I have bought or built in Florida, I simply don't put my old house up for sale until I get the new one settled into after closing on it (remodel/build/upggrade/clean).  Makes the move much easier.  😉 

We are at the very early stages of this plan right now.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Permitting with all that is going on with COVID19, is taking over a month and some as long as two months. 

It took 2+ months back in March - April to get permits for a new metal roof and solar panels.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, island lady said:

To avoid that hassle, the houses I have bought or built in Florida, I simply don't put my old house up for sale until I get the new one settled into after closing on it (remodel/build/upggrade/clean).  Makes the move much easier.  😉 

Obviously, we don’t have your Financial well being to do this. It would be easier but we are attempting to put a lot of money down when we close on new home. We were going to list later but the market is to hot here to wait. Who knows what it will be like after January. 

M8

On 11/14/2020 at 12:12 PM, Domino D said:

We are starting to have a lot of conversations about RV life.  Lots of things we love about it.  Big BUT, we can't determine who is emptying the black water tank.  Do they have an app where you can hire someone to do that for you?  "Poop Patrol" or something?

I don't know but I bet Alexa can find out. 😁

On 11/14/2020 at 12:31 PM, island lady said:

His and hers vehicles.  Your choice...my choice.  Bucky is still mussing about what his next one will be...has been for a couple of years now.   

Me, I do the negotiating.  Did so on the motor home as well.   Most wanted to kill me after I got done with them, but many also wanted to hire me as a sales person.  LOL!!  😄 

That's so funny. I also do the negotiating. I need another vehicle, but I wasn't really into deciding what I wanted. Mike wants something that will tow 6000 pds. Either he needs to replace his jeep which is only several years old or he wants me to get something that will tow that much. This helped me to narrow down which vehicles. I still wasn't really into looking so he had to practically drag me out to look at them. I hate looking at cars. Out of the ones I think I like the Yukon Denali the best. 

20 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

......I did all of that and got home and DH was still in the same spot I left him.

I don't think he even knew I was doing any of that - LOL!

Yes, then there's that!

Wow, I got tired just reading it. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

Our daughter just called to tell us she tested positive for covid. Not too concerned because we knew it was inevitable, she is a nurse and works with covid patients. It just changes Thanksgiving. She was going to fly down for a few days but that won't be happening.

Sorry you'll have to miss Thanksgiving with your daughter. It really sucks.

Also sad that even though I imagine she's taking every precaution, she still got it....

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

Our daughter just called to tell us she tested positive for covid. Not too concerned because we knew it was inevitable, she is a nurse and works with covid patients. It just changes Thanksgiving. She was going to fly down for a few days but that won't be happening.

That’s too bad. Sorry. We are not attending Thanksgiving this year because of COVID19. We are cooking for us. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

Hope she will be well

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

🌺

I thought so, but wanted to make sure.  That would get you a lot of house in ATL.

9 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

So, near the center, a middle class semi attached/attached 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, on a 62 acres lot will sell between 1.280.000$ to 1.485.000$.

So for comparison:

image.thumb.png.45a00308335abc4ecc80e4b65b9f940e.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Hectare

1 hectare = 2.47 hectares

1 hectare is 100m x 100m

If the conversion is not a typo, I expect 1 hectare could become many hectares after a few conversions.

Edited by PigsCanFly
typo

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Obviously, we don’t have your Financial well being to do this. It would be easier but we are attempting to put a lot of money down when we close on new home. We were going to list later but the market is to hot here to wait. Who knows what it will be like after January. 

M8

Given the situation (and current climate) the way you did it seems like it made the most sense.  We're lucky that the we don't have a mortgage and are looking to seriously downsize.  We have been looking at condos, maybe even apartments. If I retire in the next 2 years, we plan on travelling a lot for a couple years, and don't want much in the way of a home base.  That seems quite different from what your doing.  We have even been discussing even a storage unit and RV as a next step.  Nothing definite yet. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Domino D said:

Given the situation (and current climate) the way you did it seems like it made the most sense.  We're lucky that the we don't have a mortgage and are looking to seriously downsize.  We have been looking at condos, maybe even apartments. If I retire in the next 2 years, we plan on travelling a lot for a couple years, and don't want much in the way of a home base.  That seems quite different from what your doing.  We have even been discussing even a storage unit and RV as a next step.  Nothing definite yet. 

Yes, owning your home free and clear of any mortgage is a very nice feeling.    I bought my first home 3 months before my 20th birthday.    Nice condo, I wish I had kept it as a rental unit.   

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

I’m sorry to read this news and I hope she is doing as best as she can. Please thank her for all she does. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

I am so sorry to read this. Best hopes

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

HI neighbor: How are you doing? Staying safe from covid? So far so good here. Didn't you have a cruise planned for the first part of 2021?  Ours is 8 days in April but it will be canceled. 

Daughter signed up to be a volunteer for RCL but with 100,000 plus volunteers doubt it will happen.

Stay safe and dream of cruising.