Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Yes. We have someone looking for us. We’d like to have a rental (must have at minimum two car garage to hold six motorcycles and four full size safes) by 12/01. 

FYI. We bought a lot in Plantation Bay. 

M8

Excellent!    Congratulations.    It is a lot of fun to watch your new home be built.   Make sure you take lots of photos, videos, maybe a drone fly by...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Not saying it doesn’t happen. Just needs to be the right buyers/sellers and timing. 

I’ve sold unoccupied homes and buyers have asked if they could begin moving in prior to closing. As the listing agent, it’s been my recommendation to the sellers that they don’t allow this. 

It was something that was done in the past. Back in the early 80’s, we bought a home from the builder and they allowed us to begin moving in a week before.  I just haven’t seen it in the last 10-15 years. Had the one request but my sellers declined. 

M8

I've seen happening less and less in the past couple of years.     For several legal reasons, just not a good idea to let buyers move in early.   It is still common to have seller rent to buyers but usually cannot be more than 60 days as most lenders want the buyer to take possession within 60-days of the note date.   

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Excellent!    Congratulations.    It is a lot of fun to watch your new home be built.   Make sure you take lots of photos, videos, maybe a drone fly by...

This is the first home either I or the boss have had built. All the others in our past were built but new, or had a previous owner. This one will have what we want. We believe it to be our last home. 

Lots of photos and drone shots for sure. 

Probably not starting the actual construction until January/February. We are told it takes about 8 months to complete. 

M8

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

This is the first home either I or the boss have had built. All the others in our past were built but new, or had a previous owner. This one will have what we want. We believe it to be our last home. 

Probably not starting the actual construction until January/February. We are told it takes about 8 months to complete. 

M8

You will have fun and there will probably be some frustrations that come with it too, but overall you should be very happy when done.    Once they get the framing and trusses installed the construction process will fly from there.    Always seems to drag on waiting for ground breaking, foundation, etc. etc.      

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I've seen happening less and less in the past couple of years.     For several legal reasons, just not a good idea to let buyers move in early.   It is still common to have seller rent to buyers but usually cannot be more than 60 days as most lenders want the buyer to take possession within 60-days of the note date.   

Wow I said that wrong --it's been a long day....

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

You will have fun and there will probably be some frustrations that come with it too, but overall you should be very happy when done.    Once they get the framing and trusses installed the construction process will fly from there.    Always seems to drag on waiting for ground breaking, foundation, etc. etc.      

Permitting with all that is going on with COVID19, is taking over a month and some as long as two months. 

26 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Not saying it doesn’t happen. Just needs to be the right buyers/sellers and timing. 

I’ve sold unoccupied homes and buyers have asked if they could begin moving in prior to closing. As the listing agent, it’s been my recommendation to the sellers that they don’t allow this. 

It was something that was done in the past. Back in the early 80’s, we bought a home from the builder and they allowed us to begin moving in a week before.  I just haven’t seen it in the last 10-15 years. Had the one request but my sellers declined. 

M8

You will appreciate this story:  We had sold the house in Texas, gotten everything out and were waiting for it to close.  The neighbor across the street (we all have wooded 6 acre lots) called and said a truck was parked for awhile in front of the locking gate.  We had another friend who had an opener to mow for us go over and look around.  Someone was cutting cedar trees at the back and stacking them up.  We notified the sheriff, the next door neighbor and a friend down the road.  The friend down the road called to let us know the vehicle was back.  We called the sheriff, the real estate agent, and our neighbors.  The guy next door blocked the vehicle in while they all waited for the sheriff.  The neighbor across the street let the sheriff in and he came back with the buyer who just wanted to start working on the property.  Our real estate agent explained to him he could not do that! He did get to meet the neighbors (all of whom I am sure were armed) and the local sheriff.  LOL

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I got a lot done today while DH watched football.    I winterized the pressure washer and put away in the shed, got the snow blower out and made sure that started up.    brought up christmas lights from basement and got the basic lights hung up outside (better to get on ladder without DH around), bush lights, stake lights, etc. all set up but not plugged in yet (too early IMO),  put down winterizer on the lawn, cleaned up the garage a little, went to liquor store got a couple bottles of my Egg Nog and some other favorites, went to Macy's for new pair of boots, went to Marshalls got a new comforter set and area rug for hardwood floors in bedroom that get chilly in winter, went to food store (my god they were busy busy busy).   Lots of traffic today too.     I think people are stocking up due to high cases of Covid as well as the usual volume of shoppers for Thanksgiving.     

I did all of that and got home and DH was still in the same spot I left him.

I don't think he even knew I was doing any of that - LOL!

4 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Permitting with all that is going on with COVID19, is taking over a month and some as long as two months. 

Yes, then there's that!

43 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

M8

We're on our 3rd 'last home' 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

What does this mean? Asking for a friend. 😎

I believe that means it’s time to wear something other than a swimsuit when using the pressure washer (due to temps dropping into the 70’s)...??? 

Edited by bucfan2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

That’s a heated shop for me, or you can run RV antifreeze into the pump. 

Did you know that “back in the days” cars sold in the southern states didn’t have rear window defoggers?  Cars going to the colder states did.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

M8

When we did it, it was probably 20 to 25 years ago.

• Thanks 1

M8

That's awesome. Congratulations.  Hope they can stay on schedule.  That was the biggest problem I remember.  Except for a bump in the floor of our master bedroom.  "La Jefa" told them the day she saw it that they needed to fix it.  The builder told her, "Lets wait until the carpet goes down. Then if it still bothers you I'll fix it."  I walked out thinking, yeah like she's going to forget that bump is there.  Instead of just pulling up the subfloor and fixing it, he waited and had to pull up the carpet, padding, and then the subfloor.  Silly builder, Trix are for kids. 

I don't know if they do this or not now, but I had Ethernet run though the whole house.  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Domino D said:

That's awesome. Congratulations.  Hope they can stay on schedule.  That was the biggest problem I remember.  Except for a bump in the floor of our master bedroom.  "La Jefa" told them the day she saw it that they needed to fix it.  The builder told her, "Lets wait until the carpet goes down. Then if it still bothers you I'll fix it."  I walked out thinking, yeah like she's going to forget that bump is there.  Instead of just pulling up the subfloor and fixing it, he waited and had to pull up the carpet, padding, and then the subfloor.  Silly builder, Trix are for kids. 

I don't know if they do this or not now, but I had Ethernet run though the whole house.  

Lumber continues to climb in price. We locked in prices in October. For our home, lumber has increased about $2500 a week. The same home we are building, has increased $15k since we locked in.  There is also a shortage on aluminum and stainless steel used in most appliances. 

I store the pressure washer in my shed i run it out of gas, make sure inlet and outlet are drained of water that may freeze then apply pump saver that lubricates seals/o rings and helps prevent freezing and corrosion.  Really suppose to use pump saver if unit sits longer than 30 days but I do it every fall before I put away till next spring.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Lumber continues to climb in price. We locked in prices in October. For our home, lumber has increased about $2500 a week. The same home we are building, has increased $15k since we locked in.  There is also a shortage on aluminum and stainless steel used in most appliances. 

Lots of scrap metal in Turkey these days!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Good thing you locked in. Hope it doesn't slow things down.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks for explaining. It seems very different from here, but then houses/apts are very expensive in comparison to US. Then you need a large capital on your own, mortgages are 50-60% of the price.

*** What would a 3 bed 2 bath house in middle class neighborhood sell for?

Edited by Etta1213