Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, Coralc said:

It is so the cows can calve at a pre-set time, and with a known sire, if you don't want to keep bulls around. Most of our ranchers use AI to control the calving season. 

Calving time at our farm was January 1st to March 15th, every year for almost 30 years. We had three mature bulls here and sometimes walked one for the semen company. We drew semen for on farm use here on the farm. We also flushed cows for embryos, which when handled properly, we were able to sell them breeders internationally.  

We dispersed the herd in 2016 as it was the right time for many reasons. I miss the people, the baby calves and first day of the year when the cows go to grass. That being said life is easier now to focus on our main business. 

I also miss cruises. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Trying to keep my comments family friendly. But sometimes its just to hard.

I see what you did there. 

11 hours ago, Yorkvillain said:

Private Johnson, who just had a dishonorable discharge, may be interested in purchasing one of the tanks to help take a load off your hands. 

Not at all hard to see what you did York...as expected. 😁

When I worked in NE Pennsylvania, there was a company called Sire Power (I think now part of Select Sires??) that specialized in AI and was an important part of the local farm community.  Every year, the local school would have a field trip to Sire Power and the kids would see what was done to both the cows and the bulls.  Growing up on a farm is much different than growing up in the suburbs!

• Like 3

21 hours ago, yogimax said:

Have you noticed, though, that the car ads all seem to encourage speeding and reckless driving?

Yup...and get a kick out of the disclaimers of "being on a closed course" for driving.   All thinking they are going to buy that car and turn into a professional race car driver I guess.  😮  Here comes Grannie in her new sports car!!  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, singinalot said:

sunset from my Grandma’s in Niceville, FL. we meet with the realtor tomorrow 🤞🤞🤞

8564A5E6-EF7E-4D16-85B4-BA46C874C63C.jpeg

Most beautiful beaches in the world...IMHO...straight south of you!  Enjoy!  🙂 

I have already starting booking our 2 month stay in the Panhandle (but in the land yacht again this time) for next Fall.  Grayton Beach is a big favorite.   Henderson State Park is very close to you, and one of the few that you can have a picnic on the dunes looking out over the water.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Nate flew the drone for his first time today. Uh oh..I may have lost my toy to my husband

1. I think you are headed towards being a 2 drone family. 

2. I wonder if I'll be the only one going, Who are those people?  Why is he flying it right in to them?  Oh wait, that's them. It was an emotional last few seconds for me. 

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

ikr?! almost nothing beats the white sugar beaches here.

been trying to upload more pics from my phone but they keep flipping upside down. 🤦🏼‍♀️

We use to go to Destin every year from Atlanta.  Then a hurricane (Ivan I want to say) hit it hard and messed up the beach pretty bad.  Good to see that it is back to its beautiful self. 

Just post the other pictures upside down, I can turn my laptop.

14 hours ago, singinalot said:

Nate flew the drone for his first time today. Uh oh..I may have lost my toy to my husband 😉

When I first read "lost my toy...", I thought Nate had ditched it in the water. 😱

14 hours ago, Domino D said:

1. I think you are headed towards being a 2 drone family. 

Definitely need to get Nate a Mini 2 so that he will have his own toy and leave yours alone.

13 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Warning, a 1 min video in 4K is ~300mb. 

Are you using any editing software for the videos?

Thanks,

M8

Unless you want higher frame rates for slow motion that are often only available at lower resolutions, I'd go with 2.7/4K.  Big hard drives are cheap (and fast if you go SSD).  I've got 7TB in my computer.  4K looks good if the viewer has a 4K monitor.  Just a matter of time before that's standard for most people.

• Thanks 1

Saturday's lunch -- DH has cooked pork ribs on a "bed" of noodles to a "captive audience", who always prefer schnitzel and fries....

IMG_6015.jpg

And my chocolate liquor cookies were almost gone before I could take a pic. Here's what's left....

20201107_155504.jpg

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, singinalot said:

took a drive through Destin and down 30a today. Just a few pics

Yup, as I mentioned....I think that area has the most beautiful beaches in the world....including Hawaii!  🙂

Soft white powdered sugar sand, gentle slope to beach, clear aquamarine water.  Gorgeous!!  Yes, love 30A, have the sticker on my back window. 😄 

Beautiful pictures...looked like a perfect day!  

• Like 1

Had a horrible week.  My cat, Splashes, passed away 2 mos shy of her 22nd birthday.  She is dearly missed.  Had her cremated and run, beautiful wood carved box, onto of mantel for now.

My BIL went into hospital after collapsing at home.  He is single and lives alone so he has no idea how long he was passed out on bathroom floor, but he crawled to his phone to call 911.

He has very bad case of covid with pneumonia and is unable to talk on phone.   Very weak and in and out of it.    Dr said they are trying everything they can and will only intubate him if absolutely necessary.

Then my DH learned from his Son that his ex-wife, mother of 2 of his children, was found passed out in her bedroom and has the virus too.   Both live in Nj.

We are afraid to answer the phone.  All bad news, hope to hear some good news soon.

6136794831.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Had a horrible week.  My cat, Splashes, passed away 2 mos shy of her 22nd birthday.  She is dearly missed.  Had her cremated and run, beautiful wood carved box, onto of mantel for now.

My BIL went into hospital after collapsing at home.  He is single and lives alone so he has no idea how long he was passed out on bathroom floor, but he crawled to his phone to call 911.

He has very bad case of covid with pneumonia and is unable to talk on phone.   Very weak and in and out of it.    Dr said they are trying everything they can and will only intubate him if absolutely necessary.

Then my DH learned from his Son that his ex-wife, mother of 2 of his children, was found passed out in her bedroom and has the virus too.   Both live in Nj.

We are afraid to answer the phone.  All bad news, hope to hear some good news soon.

OMG...what a terrible day indeed.  So sad for both your BIL and Splashes.  Never easy to lose one of our fur babies.  Wow, 22 years of love.  My last two were 14 and 16, but the one before got to 20 years.  

• Like 1

Community yard sale today.  Whole community gets involved.  Anyone that wants to...can put their "precious stuff" out at the end of their driveway.  Shoppers come driving by mostly in golf carts, and bicycles.  

Managed to find homes for half of our no longer needed things...the leftovers go to the SPCA on Monday.  

54 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

6136794831.jpg

Sweet kitty. So sorry.

50 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

6136794831.jpg

So sorry for you.  Thoughts and prayers for your BIL and DH ex DIL that they make full recoveries.  And my heart goes out to you for Splashes, what a sweetheart.  I know how difficult that is.

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

6136794831.jpg

I'm really sorry to hear you have had so much bad news. I hope those with covid recover speedily and are ok. Any death to me, even your cat, it's always too soon, no matter when it is. Sending hugs.

Makes my stuff minor. 

• Like 2