Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Today, Daytona HOG had our monthly PLP (Parking Lot Practice). We had about 30 people out today. 

This is me doing an 18’ U Turn. You should try it sometime. The width of two normal parking spaces. 

IMG_8148.MOV 9.26 MB · 1 download

I'd probably drop the bike on my foot. 😁

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Singinalot, beautiful pictures!!!!

Today my DH and I were supposed to go on our very first Transatlantic ever, from Southampton, on the Anthem.  We were supposed to visit London (again, for the 1st time) during this past week.  

Yesterday we would have started our TA on Allure from Barcelona to Miami, after the previous B2B Med tour.  Sigh....  😞 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, davekathy said:

Small world. I was born and grew up in a small village (in the Mohawk Valley) about 80 miles east of you. Left when I was 18 (in 1970) via the F&$@%N draft! Decided not to go back when I returned to the world from Vietnam. 

Bucky did the same thing.  He did his 2 tours in Nam...then decided not to stay when he returned to Ohio.  Drove down to Ft. Lauderdale, bought a sailboat, and shook off the effects of what he had to go through in the jungles there...by being alone on the sea.  Later simply stayed in Florida, and has been here ever since.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 7

8 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

He also learned to dive up there. In some lake and it was snowing. 😱

Talking 40 years ago, but we use to buy crappy used cars "winter rats" and put your good car in the garage for the winter.  In the spring some people would drive the cars on to the frozen lake and abandon them.  If they didn't get towed away in time, you go out in the spring and watch them sink in to the lake. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, island lady said:

Bucky did the same thing.  He did his 2 tours in Nam...then decided not to stay when he returned to Ohio.  Drove down to Ft. Lauderdale, bought a sailboat, and shook off the effects of what he had to go through in the jungles there...by being alone on the sea.  Later simply stayed in Florida, and has been here ever since.  

Thank him for his service. 

M8

• Thanks 1

I have been on all the ships merry go rounds.  Also, the sky diving simulator, that was a one and done.  I don’t do too many water slides, claustrophobic!  I did one on the Breakaway where the bottom drops and off you go😳

I will give you old age lessons for free😷

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

He also learned to dive up there. In some lake and it was snowing. 😱

I learned to dive in an abandoned lead mine. Very clear water. Lots of cool equipment abandoned when mine played out.

Oronogo, MO

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HBE4 said:

It's a  3 1/2 hour drive for me on my annual trip to Beach Haven, LBI.  Forked River is always my last *ahem* rest area break just before getting off the Garden State Parkway. 🙂

I grew up in spray beach LBI and still have family house on 23rd street.   That's my happy place!   Love the island.  A lot has changed but a lot is still the same.

• Like 1