Trying to price this out...help!

nyc2pdx

I'm trying to price out a transpac for the fall, and finding that the resident rate is 50% of the rate with 4 perks.

The rate with 4 perks in a C1 is $4100.  Resident rate without perks is $2100 for a C1.  I would do the premium drinks, premium internet.  14 days. 

I'm seeing the premium drinks as $69/day + 20% = $966 + $194 = $1160

Internet is $335 for a 14 day cruise.

Gratuities $16/day * 14 days = $224

I'm getting a total of $1719.

Am I missing anything?

Premium would only be for 1 in your pricing model.  Its 69 + 20% each person or double your total same with internet, but that you could get away with one.  Same with Grats need to double 

Edited by bikerunner

1 hour ago, nyc2pdx said:

I'm trying to price out a transpac for the fall, and finding that the resident rate is 50% of the rate with 4 perks.

The rate with 4 perks in a C1 is $4100.  Resident rate without perks is $2100 for a C1.  I would do the premium drinks, premium internet.  14 days. 

Am I missing anything?

1 -That the deal is likely to change several times.

2 -Have you checked with a TA or Cruise Compete - they are not a travel agent.  My TA has group space on several Transpacific cruises with refundable deposits and 3 perks in a veranda at $33xx/pp. USA resident only

3 -Is the deposit refundable?  

4 -If this cruise happens it would likely not be cancelled until after final.payment date.

1 hour ago, nyc2pdx said:

I'm also curious if people have found discounts on the drinks packages or internet.  If that were the case, this would be a no brainer.

Yes.  Completely unpredictable as to when.  Again a TA would likely have group space. With all included.

2 hours ago, nyc2pdx said:

I'm also curious if people have found discounts on the drinks packages or internet.  If that were the case, this would be a no brainer.

I checked the price for unlimited internet 1 device for a 14 day Asia cruise this fall & price was $308.  If you go with the resident rate purchase the internet is your Cruise Planner  before hand as the price is lower than purchasing on board. 

2 hours ago, nyc2pdx said:

We’ve done several Transatlantics/Transpacifics (as recent as last year), and they’ve always ran promos for drink packages at 50% off. They were deals offered pre-cruise generally 3-6 weeks out. 

If I were in your shoes, I’d book the Resident rate and wait/watch for the sales in your Cruise Planner or whoever first spots them and reports on your Roll Call. 😉

1 hour ago, BEAV said:

We’ve done several Transatlantics/Transpacifics (as recent as last year), and they’ve always ran promos for drink packages at 50% off. They were deals offered pre-cruise generally 3-6 weeks out. 

If I were in your shoes, I’d book the Resident rate and wait/watch for the sales in your Cruise Planner or whoever first spots them and reports on your Roll Call. 😉

Recently repos, TA & TP have come with some perks so I’m not sure the 25 or50% 

off sales of years past will  be offered like they were when those cruises didn’t ave perks.

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Recently repos, TA & TP have come with some perks so I’m not sure the 25 or50% 

off sales of years past will  be offered like they were when those cruises didn’t ave perks.

Good to know. 

We were also on a 9-day Pacific Coastal (RT LA) as recently as November where 50% off drink packages were again offered. I was surprised to see it as this wasn’t a TA/TP sailing. 

On 4/7/2020 at 3:06 PM, az_tchr said:

1 -That the deal is likely to change several times.

2 -Have you checked with a TA or Cruise Compete - they are not a travel agent.  My TA has group space on several Transpacific cruises with refundable deposits and 3 perks in a veranda at $33xx/pp. USA resident only

3 -Is the deposit refundable?  

4 -If this cruise happens it would likely not be cancelled until after final.payment date.

Edited by ISABELLA

On 4/7/2020 at 1:51 PM, nyc2pdx said:

Am I missing anything?

missing $300 OBC