Now for something completely different

7 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Sounds like my Aunt, hung the washing out for her, when the machine was done, we did some of ours and hung that out as well. She came home for lunch, re hung everything as the pegs had to match the clothing items colour and each other.

It is definitely a thing. Very OCD

2 hours ago, Cruisers47 said:

But does he shake the washing before hanging it out!   Problem …do you complain, it is not being done properly and are you glad it is just being done!

Eileen

No. He doesn't shake the clothes out before hanging, and even worse, the pegs seem to get attached to whichever bit of the item he picks up. Well, maybe not quite that bad, but nearly. I just don't look too closely. However, he does like to match the pegs, 😁 just to each other, not to the clothes.

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Sounds like my Aunt, hung the washing out for her, when the machine was done, we did some of ours and hung that out as well. She came home for lunch, re hung everything as the pegs had to match the clothing items colour and each other.

I use matching colour pegs on washing but don't match peg colour to colour of clothing.  My girls certainly didn't learn to hang clothes from me.  One peg only wherever it fits.  And they have no idea how to load a dishwasher.  It makes it so much easier to empty the dishwasher when like items are together.  But they both love to vacuum, which they didn't get from me.  I just don't see the dirt!

18 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

No. He doesn't shake the clothes out before hanging, and even worse, the pegs seem to get attached to whichever bit of the item he picks up. Well, maybe not quite that bad, but nearly. I just don't look too closely. However, he does like to match the pegs, 😁 just to each other, not to the clothes.

Ha ha..,it is good to have a laugh at their expense.   Mind  you I do not cut grass and am no good at anything technical except I am better with computer stuff and finance.   I guess we make a good twosome, especially after 57 years..,really that long..,I was a child bride…ha ha 

eileen

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cruisers47 said:

Ha ha..,it is good to have a laugh at their expense.   Mind  you I do not cut grass and am no good at anything technical except I am better with computer stuff and finance.   I guess we make a good twosome, especially after 57 years..,really that long..,I was a child bride…ha ha 

eileen

With 57 years' you are just ahead of us. 🙂

• Like 1

On 11/24/2023 at 3:02 PM, lyndarra said:

Shingles is a late in life infection as a result of having had chicken pox as a kid. I had a mild dose (shingles) about four years ago - I was lucky, it can be extremely painful. My GP said I should still get the vaccine as it could return but I had to wait about six months after the shingles to get the vaccine.

Not always late in life.  My daughter had shingles at five months of age (which is unusually young).  A couple of years later my son had shingles at 8 years old.  When you have shingles, you can give people chicken pox if they haven't had it before.

39 minutes ago, onlyslightlymad said:

Not always late in life.  My daughter had shingles at five months of age (which is unusually young).  A couple of years later my son had shingles at 8 years old.  When you have shingles, you can give people chicken pox if they haven't had it before.

That is very young for both.  

1 minute ago, MMDown Under said:

That is very young for both.  

Yes, my daughter was exposed to chicken pox when she was a new born.  A mother in the hospital caught it from her visiting toddler.  My daughter was breast fed so never had any symptoms but she plainly had caught the virus as she developed shingles at five months.  Then from the shingles, she gave her brother chicken pox.  About six years later we moved countries and shortly after that my son developed shingles.  I think the move must have caused him stress as that can make one more susceptible to a recurrence of the virus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, onlyslightlymad said:

Yes, my daughter was exposed to chicken pox when she was a new born.  A mother in the hospital caught it from her visiting toddler.  My daughter was breast fed so never had any symptoms but she plainly had caught the virus as she developed shingles at five months.  Then from the shingles, she gave her brother chicken pox.  About six years later we moved countries and shortly after that my son developed shingles.  I think the move must have caused him stress as that can make one more susceptible to a recurrence of the virus.

Yes isn't it the same family as cold sores which I used to get from stress.  And still do!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Yes isn't it the same family as cold sores which I used to get from stress.  And still do!

Cold sores:  herpes simplex virus.

Shingles:  herpes zoster virus.

different, but both can lie dormant along the nerve cells of the body, till triggered by stress, or old age, etc. as the body breaks down.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Pegs & pox. A fun day.

For those other half magic elves in your life ...

Oh, we’re both weeping with laughter.  Simply hysterical.  We have a distant relative like that.  He’s a mirror twin😂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, onlyslightlymad said:

That sounds a truly plausible pathway.  So sorry they had to endure all that at such tender ages.

• Like 1

Some of the insane members of the Far South Coast branch of CCs are meeting at Raymonds Chinese Restaurant, Malua Bay, this Thursday (30 Nov) at 12.30 for a business lunch😉

Any CCers in the vicinity are welcome.  Preferably insane as well.  Just let me know on here if you're around, and I'll increase the numbers to a quorum.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

Some of the insane members of the Far South Coast branch of CCs are meeting at Raymonds Chinese Restaurant, Malua Bay, this Thursday (30 Nov) at 12.30 for a business lunch😉

Any CCers in the vicinity are welcome.  Preferably insane as well.  Just let me know on here if you're around, and I'll increase the numbers to a quorum.

I regret I am unable to attend. I will however be there in spirit. 😉

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

I cannot attend, I have to see the surgeon for my achilles as it hasn't healed properly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

FB_IMG_1701045493475.jpg

That is so funny, but true.  I wondered how my elderly neighbour's marriage would last after the husband retired.  He'd come inside, after doing some gardening, and say Dot, Are you ready to go out? No I wash on Mondays,  He'd try the next day.  No I iron on Tuesdays,  He'd try the next day,  No I volunteer at the Red Cross on Wednesdays,  He'd try the next day.  I go to Seniors Club on Thursdays.  Do you want to come? He was a slow learner.

• Haha 2