***FCC and OBC -- Questions and Issues re onboard and future cruise credit***

kgb46

So my June 6 cruise was canceled.  I used the link on Carnival's page to request FCC and the OBC of $600 for my booking.  I just received a letter from Carnival saying the following:

We are sorry that your reservation has cancelled. If your cancellation occurred during penalty period the amount will be listed below: 

And then it shows they applied a 50% penalty!

No mention of FCC, or anything related to the new terms for cruises they canceled.  I would expect this if I canceled.  

Should I try to call, wait for better communications, or what?  

Edited by Kadeeu

12 minutes ago, Kadeeu said:

So my June 6 cruise was canceled.  I used the link on Carnival's page to request FCC and the OBC of $600 for my booking.  I just received a letter from Carnival saying the following:

We are sorry that your reservation has cancelled. If your cancellation occurred during penalty period the amount will be listed below: 

And then it shows they applied a 50% penalty!

No mention of FCC, or anything related to the new terms for cruises they canceled.  I would expect this if I canceled.  

Should I try to call, wait for better communications, or what?  

I was told by Carnival  to ignore that email, it's sent out automatically.  

Sorry if this question has already been asked . I moved my canceled booking and took the fcc and 600 obc. My obc shows on the confirmation email for the new booking . My question is, Does it show up in cruise planner ? If so, when ? 

• 1 month later...

I was booked on an Alaskan cruise out of San Francisco in July for 4 people in 1 cabin. We had not paid in full yet when Carnival cancelled the cruise. We had paid $1531.28. We are considering the FCC + $600 OBC option, but getting confused by the small print which says "non-transferable, non-refundable, cannot be used as a deposit or applied to a chartered sailing, have no cash value, and must be redeemed on a Carnival Cruise Line sailing departing by 12/31/2022. The FCC/OBC may only be used toward one (1) booking...  The FCC/OBC may only be used toward one (1) booking  "

My questions are:

1. With the FCC being "non-transferable", does that mean that each of the 4 of us get 25% of $1531.28 = $382.82 or is it all in my name?

2. If we could choose a new sailing for just the 2 of us without the kids (or if we book a cruise where the kids' rates are less than their share of the FCC), would we then forfeit 1/2 of the FCC?

3. Do the highlighted terms mean that if we book a cruise with base rate - deposit = less than FCC then we forfeit the remainder of the FCC? One replacement cruise I'm considering base rate = $1476 for 4 of us (if we went without kids it would be even less) but deposit required is $500. So does that mean we could only use $976 of our FCC?

Thanks in advance for any answers you can help with!

1. Each person booked gets the 25% minus the port fees.

2. Not sure with the kids fcc. Call carnival.

3. Do a booking and put on a hold 24h online of the cruise you want. Then call carnival and have all of your FCC applied. I had same issue and when I made booking and had my booking # ready with the 24h hold, it was easy for the rep to do. 

On 4/18/2020 at 7:06 PM, UrbishN said:

Sorry if this question has already been asked . I moved my canceled booking and took the fcc and 600 obc. My obc shows on the confirmation email for the new booking . My question is, Does it show up in cruise planner ? If so, when ? 

I just learned this as well.  Go to your Cruise Manager. Click on Print Documents.  Then check "print tickets".  Click on Print.  Cursor down to Itemized Charges.  Below the Total Charges you will see Onboard Credit with your amount there.  Done!😎

• 1 month later...

Regarding kids and FCC - Carnival will allow the FCC and OBC to transfer from a minor child to the adult on the booking.  Our cruise got cancelled, and my son couldn’t go on the new cruise that my other family members wanted to go on.  I was able to get the entire FCC and $600 OBC moved to my room.

Hi All,
I'm feeling really dense about the whole cruise cancellation FCC and OBC scenario. I have read through Carnival's rules and forms multiple times as well as lots of board posts to try to understand everything. I feel like I'm seeing some conflicting info too. After all of that, I'm still confused and need your expert knowledge to help with my situation:

We're currently scheduled on the Panorama sailing out of Long Beach on October 3rd, with a final payment date of July 20th. My husband and I have decided that we don't feel safe flying or cruising and will not be on this cruise. 

If we cancel now before the 20th, we only lose $100. I've read the phrase "Let Carnival cancel" on here a lot, which makes me think that if we cancel on our own volition, we totally forfeit ANY potential Carnival offers. However, the wording from Carnival's advisory says: "Carnival will honor this offer for any guests who were previously booked on voyages departing September 30, 2020 or prior and canceled their booking on or after March 6, 2020."   This reads as: if YOU cancel your cruise, and then Carnival cancels the sailing, you CAN still get the FCC and $600 OBC offer. Of course it's currently through 9/30, so let's pretend that we cancel our cruise, then Carnival updates their sailing advisory to a later date and cancels my sailing; We are still eligible to receive the bonus offer, correct? 

Of course we do understand that if we cancel and the sailing actually occurs as planned, then we're just out our $100, and we are okay with that.  I currently have only paid $650 of the full bill, so if we cancel, and the sailing occurs, do I get the other $550 refunded to my original payment? If I cancel and then they cancel, does all $650 of what I've put in so far go to the future cruise credit?

Finally, do I need to have paid the full bill in order to be eligible for the FCC/OBC?

Clearly, I'm all sorts of confused about this. I really would appreciate the help in sorting out this mess. Thank you!

I was sailing in April and I cancelled my cruise just after March 6 and rescheduled it at that time due to company restrictions surrounding COVID and travel outside Canada prior to Carnival cancelling the cruise themselves.  Carnival sent me an email in April after they cancelled the sailing due to COVID to tell me I was eligible to receive  the FCC on my new booking.  I dont know about partially paid cruises as mine was fully paid off already so i cant comment on that part.

That doesn’t apply to you anyway, because your sailing is in October. So it’s moot. If you don’t want to sail, cancel. Otherwise, you are risking the sailing going on as planned, in which case you will lose a lot more than just the deposit when you eventually have to cancel. Probably 100% of the cruise fare if you wait right up until the sailing date to see if they end up cancelling. 

15 minutes ago, Cruising_Addict said:

That doesn’t apply to you anyway, because your sailing is in October. So it’s moot. If you don’t want to sail, cancel. Otherwise, you are risking the sailing going on as planned, in which case you will lose a lot more than just the deposit when you eventually have to cancel. Probably 100% of the cruise fare if you wait right up until the sailing date to see if they end up cancelling. 

Thanks SO much for actually reading my post. 🙄 I clearly acknowledged the statement says September, but I asked about if the sailing advisory got pushed further out. They've done it before. That date used to not say September, so clearly it's changed. I'm aware of how the normal cancellation schedule works. I'm asking specifically about COVID cancellations and FCC/OBC support.

Edited by the_lovely_voyage

Thanks kdr69- that seems to be what I was seeing, but then I would see another post about "let Carnival cancel first" so then I wasn't sure. Good to know about the full paid piece though; would be good to know if your result would be the same for me if not fully paid.

kdr69, did you fully book a brand new cruise, or did you transfer the funds to an already booked future sailing? I do have a future sailing for November 2021 and wouldn't mind transferring the current Panorama funds to that sailing.

You should call and see if they will extend your final payment date. We did this for a Breeze cruise we have booked on Oct 4th. Hoping they cancel before the new date now just to make it easier and we won't have full payment tied up with them. Either way we won't be going on the cruise so will have to see how everything plays out.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, the_lovely_voyage said:

Thanks SO much for actually reading my post. 🙄 I clearly acknowledged the statement says September, but I asked about if the sailing advisory got pushed further out. They've done it before. That date used to not say September, so clearly it's changed. I'm aware of how the normal cancellation schedule works. I'm asking specifically about COVID cancellations and FCC/OBC support.

How exactly would anyone here know if it’s going to get pushed further out? We know as much as you do. Which is nothing. We not psychic. We cannot predict the future. So I’ll repeat what I said: either cancel now, before final payment date when only your deposit will be affected (if you booked under Early Saver you will lose $50 and the rest will be held as a FCC). Or you can take a chance that Carnival will cancel, but if they don’t you will be out all of your money. Only you can decide what you are willing to risk. 

Edited by Cruising_Addict

23 hours ago, the_lovely_voyage said:

Thanks kdr69- that seems to be what I was seeing, but then I would see another post about "let Carnival cancel first" so then I wasn't sure. Good to know about the full paid piece though; would be good to know if your result would be the same for me if not fully paid.

kdr69, did you fully book a brand new cruise, or did you transfer the funds to an already booked future sailing? I do have a future sailing for November 2021 and wouldn't mind transferring the current Panorama funds to that sailing.

I booked a brand new cruise totally including ship and destination and since it was a lower price i put the remaining funds on my 2022 cruise.  I probably could have waited as well for Carnival to cancel first but i also needed to cancel everything else such as hotels etc and once i started doing those i didnt feel there was any point in waiting to cancel the cruise itself since i knew i was just going to be rescheduling it and not outright cancelling.