Cruise cancellation before NCL cancelled the cruise; 150% credit denied

Tallyfins

9 hours ago, Theboss17 said:

I to have a nightmare with NCL. I have been E-mailing the CEO, VP of guest service and other. Have a mile long Email string with them. Sail date 3/15 we canceled on 3/12 out of COVID 19 worries and at this point who wouldn't?. They will not give refund or the 150% cruise credit...I get it we cancelled however they had to cancel the the cruise and did it with less then 24 hours...

You were not booked on a suspended cruise, having previously cancelled the cruise in question, so clearly cannot be granted such refund or 150% FCC. Instead, NCL have granted to you a 100% FCC which is exactly what the 'Peace of Mind' policy offered....you accepted the T & C's on offer when you initiated your cancellation under that policy. 😉

• Like 1

So, let me try to put this in perspective.

People that book early are always begging for the cruise line to compensate them when the fare drops for later bookings.  Some people respond to that by asking if those people would be willing to be charged more if the fare actually goes up (obviously they wouldn't).  The people that booked early were fine paying the fare as presented when they booked, any change lower is a bonus.

Same deal here - if the cancellation terms were changed to be less beneficial to the customer, would you expect NCL to pull back what was initially offered for early cancellations if the terms changed to be more beneficial to NCL?  Didn't think so.  The terms offered when you cancelled were the terms you agreed to, that different terms were offered even a day later doesn't matter. 

• Like 3

On 4/29/2020 at 6:46 AM, poffles said:

I am LITERALLY in the same situation as you.  I cancelled under Peace of Mind on March 10th, cruise that was to sail on March 15th just like you .. and we all know how that went.  I would have loved the extra FCC (or get ALL my money back)  but I totally understand NCL's position.

GET OVER IT (or not)... buyers 'refund' remorse is not going to win this one.  I agree that NCL could have backdated a bit for good faith but they have no obligation as WE chose to do the refund cancellation.  Think this out even further, NCL did not have to even offer Peace of Mind but I am guessing that like me, you were very happy to have that option and jumped on it as quick as possible.  I was elated to be getting anything back since I didn't get insurance so FCC is better than nothing.  

Oh and NCL is not the only cruise line with this stance, RCL is same.  I actually have a friend in the same situation with Royal Cruise, cancelled before it was suspended, her cruise was sailing March 22, and she was pissed but that changed nothing as she only got the 100% FCC with some stuff like taxes refunded to her credit card.

I think the only cruise line that DID back date a bit was Carnival (Princess) and they had (have) a different image to fix with COVID.

Actually Disney as well as a few other lines did back date.

15 minutes ago, skywonder said:

Yeah I read the same thing over at the Cruise Critic Disney section, A few of them were talking about it. It was the right thing to do.

38 minutes ago, skywonder said:

Oh didn't realize that.  Disney does not surprise me.  Edit to add that NCL NOT back dating does not surprise me either.

Edited by poffles
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Theboss17 said:

I to have a nightmare with NCL. I have been E-mailing the CEO, VP of guest service and other. Have a mile long Email string with them. 

I hope that you understand that public-facing emails address to Harry Sommers (CEO of NCL) and Kathy Byrd (VP of Guest Service) are automatically routed to minimum wage, off shore  call center personnel who review and disposition the email, often sending a canned (approved by the Legal Department) response under the signature of the exec. The Execs would never see your emails.

Using the Guest Service request system would be more effective than sending long strings of emails. And once you have sent a response, your reservation record is flagged with the response sent to you, so repeated emails won't get any additional consideration. 

I hope you understand
that we canceled our July 2020 Encore trip to Bermuda. Final payment was due April 5th. Yeah right. Bermuda port is closed. Who knows about the MCT. (Manhattan Cruise Terminal ). GOOFY FOR SURE.

Sent from my iPad using Forums