passport delays for those cruising soon.

seaman11

2 minutes ago, jd1212 said:

I applied for a passport renewal on or about February 10th.   I received my new passport on March 28th.

Was this turnaround for expedited service or regular service?  Passport services received my renewal application on February 22 and I have not heard back from them, other than they cashed my check for normal delivery!

I applied for a passport renewal on or about February 10th.   I received my new passport on March 28th.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

This was for regular service.  I also decided to get a passport card.  Cost was $140 for both.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jd1212 said:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

This was for regular service.  I also decided to get a passport card.  Cost was $140 for both.

thx for the update. at least someone got theirs.  good to know. 

yes we know about that, geez so many capt obvious's here.    all it says is "significant delays" 

I live in the DC area and have neighbors who work for that agency. They are not considered essential and are sheltered in place at home. There is some staff there but it is reduced. I think that may explain the delay.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Charles4515 said:

I live in the DC area and have neighbors who work for that agency. They are not considered essential and are sheltered in place at home. I think that may explain the delay.

yes, i think so , when i call they assure me ppl are working on them.  you can also get an emergency one if needed so their must be some ppl working. 

yes, i think so , when i call they assure me ppl are working on them.  you can also get an emergency one if needed so their must be some ppl working. 

There is some staff there but it is reduced. So delays.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, seaman11 said:

It has been 8 weeks since i renewed my passport , however have not gotten it yet.  has anyone else experienced this lately? 

When i call i get the same response that due to covid experience significant delays.  

Yup.... all branches of the government are working from home, furloughed or services stopped / delayed during this period.  I have had an appointment for my Global Entry credentials since March that keeps getting pushed out because staff is not available to process me. 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2020 at 5:52 PM, kmob said:

We are still waiting for ours.  They showed they received ours 2/11/20 and

show in process on the website.   So we are at 11 weeks.

On 5/1/2020 at 1:07 PM, Krazy Kat said:

Was this turnaround for expedited service or regular service?  Passport services received my renewal application on February 22 and I have not heard back from them, other than they cashed my check for normal delivery!

I applied in early Feb, the confirmation email said they received the regular renewal request on 2/7/2020.  My new passport is dated 3/16/2020 and I received it about a week later.  Looks like it was a lucky tight window.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, dobiemom said:

I sent my passport renewal Feb 14 (regular, not expedited). They received it Feb 19. Received my new passport Jun 10. Just FYI. 

Thank you. So hopefully if they are doing them in order they were recieved . i should get mine in a few weeks. 

oh wow , for a simplle renewal?  smh  i know covid is going on but they werent efficient to begin with.   if they think im paying more money out of pocket to expedite an emergncy one they are out of their minds.  how long do they need? 6 months? and then tell us we have to have 6 months of validity? so we lose a year? 

They are only doing emergency renewals for life or death emergency’s. Passport Dept sent everybody home mid March

Sent from my iPad using Forums

1 minute ago, retired714 said:

They are only doing emergency renewals for life or death emergency’s. Passport Dept sent everybody home mid March

i tweeted the cdc and they said during phase 1 of reopening states they have been working on apps already submitted and the poster above said she got hers junes 10th. 

i tweeted the cdc and they said during phase 1 of reopening states they have been working on apps already submitted and the poster above said she got hers junes 10th. 

I just saw that! Maybe soon! I got my information about emergency renewals from a Fed workforce website. There was an article a few weeks ago about the Passport agency. They can’t do work at home passports because of the security concerns

• Like 1

1 minute ago, retired714 said:

I just saw that! Maybe soon! I got my information about emergency renewals from a Fed workforce website. There was an article a few weeks ago about the Passport agency. They can’t do work at home passports because of the security concerns

I dont understand why they didnt have workers with masks on in seperate rooms processing apps? Now behind some 1.6 million.  Well anyway this is good news they are finally getting to it.  

I dont understand why they didnt have workers with masks on in seperate rooms processing apps? Now behind some 1.6 million.  Well anyway this is good news they are finally getting to it.  

You don’t understand? There has been a pandemic which you very well know. Why should they risk being in the office for something not essential? You don’t need it now. Think about workers lives. It is not like you can travel anywhere.   

You should get it in time for the reopening of cruises in October .....[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

You don’t understand? There has been a pandemic which you very well know. Why should they risk being in the office for something not essential? You don’t need it now. Think about workers lives. It is not like you can travel anywhere.

You should get it in time for the reopening of cruises.....emoji3.pngemoji3.pngemoji3.png

Other depts have been open like property tax offices.  Also ppl fly on trips and need it as well. Some places opened for tourism june 1st.  I understand delays. However they could have separated ppl in their own rooms alone. 

7 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

Other depts have been open like property tax offices.  Also ppl fly on trips and need it as well. Some places opened for tourism june 1st.  I understand delays. However they could have separated ppl in their own rooms alone. 

You are in the10 year renewal period many people have to renew this year. If people waited until last minute to renew shame on them.

We renewed 6 months before ours expired knowing there might be a problem.

• Like 2

Property tax offices are not open here in Maryland.

“Customer Service An​​nouncement - Please be advised that effec​tive 3/16/2020, SDAT's Real Property Offices will be closed to the public and the offices will only accept telephone and written appeals. All in-person real property assessment appeal hearings will be suspended until further notice.​ All site visits have been suspended until further notice​.”