Jump to content

passport delays for those cruising soon.


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Red-Sol said:

 

Thanks and Done! 🙂

 

Good luck!  I have a feeling we really won't be needing them for a while Lol. Headed to New Hampshire for the week of the 4th and the Outer Banks in September

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Laszlo said:

 

Good luck!  I have a feeling we really won't be needing them for a while Lol. Headed to New Hampshire for the week of the 4th and the Outer Banks in September

I hear you! I really don't expect to set foot on a cruise ship (whether there are any going or not) for at least the balance of this year. I had actually submitted for my passport renewal thinking I might need it for an October cruise (14 day on Breakaway) but I cancelled that long ago and doubt very much that it will happen anyways.

Link to post
Share on other sites

WOOHOO!

 

Application Status: Shipped

The U.S. Department of State has shipped your passport book on 06/26/2020.

We sent your passport book to you using Priority Mail.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

We filed my granddaughter’s renewal in January. It just arrived 2 weeks ago from the Buffalo NY office. We were glad we couldn’t go anywhere with her since it took a ridiculously long amount of time 😬

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, seaman11 said:

Im still waiting., still "in process"  id like to go somewhere by the end of the month.  goo some got theirs and they are working on the 1.7 mill backlog. 

Yes, lucky you, they will allow you to enter AC.  Hope you don't intend to hit the beach.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a quick update from me....My check for passport renewal was cashed on March 6th...and I did receive the new passport finally yesterday on July 10th. Really don't even have a use for it now...but still happy to have received it. If any of you are still waiting at least there's hope that they are starting to catch up on processing them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations! My wife applied for and got her new passport earlier this year, just in time for our May cruise with MSC to get cancelled, LOL. But like you said, no use for it at the moment but still glad to have it!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Congratulations! My wife applied for and got her new passport earlier this year, just in time for our May cruise with MSC to get cancelled, LOL. But like you said, no use for it at the moment but still glad to have it!

you could fly somewhere. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Next week will be 5 months. still in process at the SC charleston processing center.  im wondering if they are even back to work there(the govt), with cases exploding. they should have been working when the cases were at 200/day. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2020 at 6:16 AM, mugtech said:

Yes, lucky you, they will allow you to enter AC.  Hope you don't intend to hit the beach.

Update - back from AC and im happy to report still had fun despite the restrictions  , followed the protocols. won a little money.  everyone i saw was wearing a mask and following the guidelines (probably why NJ has such good covid numbers lately) 

 

 I contacted my congressmen's office (gerry collony) on monday morning and they helped get my passport processed and it was waiting for me when i got home today. 😊

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, seaman11 said:

 I contacted my congressmen's office (gerry collony) on monday morning and they helped get my passport processed and it was waiting for me when i got home today. 😊

Yay! 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, seaman11 said:

Update - back from AC and im happy to report still had fun despite the restrictions  , followed the protocols. won a little money.  everyone i saw was wearing a mask and following the guidelines (probably why NJ has such good covid numbers lately) 

 

 I contacted my congressmen's office (gerry collony) on monday morning and they helped get my passport processed and it was waiting for me when i got home today. 😊

That's awesome!

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, seaman11 said:

Update - back from AC and im happy to report still had fun despite the restrictions  , followed the protocols. won a little money.  everyone i saw was wearing a mask and following the guidelines (probably why NJ has such good covid numbers lately) 

 

 I contacted my congressmen's office (gerry collony) on monday morning and they helped get my passport processed and it was waiting for me when i got home today. 😊

1531746_1.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, seaman11 said:

Update - back from AC and im happy to report still had fun despite the restrictions  , followed the protocols. won a little money.  everyone i saw was wearing a mask and following the guidelines (probably why NJ has such good covid numbers lately) 

 

 I contacted my congressmen's office (gerry collony) on monday morning and they helped get my passport processed and it was waiting for me when i got home today. 😊

You mean Gerry Connolly from VA? He's my congressman, too, if so. Congratulations to him and to you for some excellent constituent service!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

You mean Gerry Connolly from VA? He's my congressman, too, if so. Congratulations to him and to you for some excellent constituent service!

Yes, i misspelled it.  I live in Fairfax.  His Annandale office was outstanding, and Madalyn was so caring and followed up.  No one, i mean no one could get me in contact with the closed SC processing center. but they did. He has got my vote. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

Yes, i misspelled it.  I live in Fairfax.  His Annandale office was outstanding, and Madalyn was so caring and followed up.  No one, i mean no one could get me in contact with the closed SC processing center. but they did. He has got my vote. 

Wow, you and I are practically neighbors. We live just south of Fairfax, as in literally about 2 miles away. Great to know someone else on here from Fairfax County. And congrats once again to the Congressman's office for coming through for you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Wow, you and I are practically neighbors. We live just south of Fairfax, as in literally about 2 miles away. Great to know someone else on here from Fairfax County. And congrats once again to the Congressman's office for coming through for you.

 Thank you , I wanted to pass this a long in case anyone lived in my area, its nice to know we have  congressmen that will help the ppl out if we need it. 

Edited by seaman11
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Just another passport processing data point:

 

I was planning on renewing my passport (Exp. July 2020) after our February 2020 cruise but delayed since there was no "life or death emergency" per Passport Services guidelines.

 

Mailed application and old passport: June 15, 2020

Check cashed: 6/22/2020

Received new Passport: 8/19/2020 ... with an expiration date of August 2030.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I sent my renewal in Feb 24th. About March 15th was when all the Passport Employees went home. They started processing Passports again about he beginning of June. I got my replacement June 24th. At the time the employees went back to work, there were over a million passport renewal and original applications backed up. They were processed (by hand) first in, first out. So they might still be taking a little more time than they usually do.


Sent from my iPad using Forums

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising.co.uk
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...