Cruise with confidence enhanced

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

and how long will I have to use it?

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-with-confidence

Concerned about traveling? Looking for flexibility in your plans?

We get it. Whether you’re already booked on a cruise, or are thinking about it, we want you to Cruise with Confidence. That’s why Royal Caribbean will let you cancel any cruise that sets sail from now through April 30, 2022. Whether it’s a booking you already have or one you make right now through August 1, 2020, you’re covered. As long as you cancel at least 48 hours before your sail date, you’ll receive a Future Cruise Credit. The credit can be used toward any cruise that sets sail through December 31, 2021 or 12 months from your cancellation date – whichever is further.

Edited by TwizzlersAddict

Can somebody confirm my thinking.  My current June cruise was booked at $633.  The same cruise next year for the same category is $788.  The 125% FCC would get me $791.25, so $3 more so not really a difference that would matter.  I was originally thinking the lift and shift would be the best option because it sounds easier to deal with.

But now I am thinking the other way.  If prices drop (which I think they will), I would be much better off with the 125% credit (assuming they offer that when they cancel my cruise) because I would be able to then take advantage of price drops below $788.

37 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Absolutely love the price drops up until 48 hours of sailing. 

Disregard my email  I didn't read far enough in here  Good stuff

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, KsucAts said:

Can somebody confirm my thinking.  My current June cruise was booked at $633.  The same cruise next year for the same category is $788.  The 125% FCC would get me $791.25, so $3 more so not really a difference that would matter.  I was originally thinking the lift and shift would be the best option because it sounds easier to deal with.

But now I am thinking the other way.  If prices drop (which I think they will), I would be much better off with the 125% credit (assuming they offer that when they cancel my cruise) because I would be able to then take advantage of price drops below $788.

No guarantee that the 125% FCC will still be offered now that this option is available. 

you can move it over at the same rate and then get price drops. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Apply by Dec 31 2021, sail by April 3022

I'm thinking lift and shift for something in March or April  2022 might be best for me then.

Thanks

22 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

And that gives people confidence knowing they aren’t going to get screwed by booking before final payment and watching the price plummet after. 

Guess I don't have to downgrade myself to an inside cabin now

• Like 1

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

No guarantee that the 125% FCC will still be offered now that this option is available. 

I guess I will find out soon as I expect my cruise to be canceled next week.  

Now published on RCL's main website, and just executed it online to cancel our September 20 Harmony cruise. Thanks Ken for the heads up on this. Now we wait until the end of August to see if conditions get good enough for us to make our November harmony cruise.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Now published on RCL's main website, and just executed it online to cancel our September 20 Harmony cruise. Thanks Ken for the heads up on this. Now we wait until the end of August to see if conditions get good enough for us to make our November harmony cruise.

What do you mean you excuted it online? what did you do online? how can you do this without calling agent or RCL ?

Edited by Jimbo

50 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:
  • An enhanced & extended Cruise with Confidence policy that provides the reassurance your clients need to stick with us — through the current environment and beyond! 
    • Now, even more flexibility! Cruise with Confidence has been extended to allow cancellations up to 48-hours prior to sailing in exchange for a 100% Future Cruise Credit on sailings through April 2022 for bookings made on-or-before August 1, 2020!

PLUS...

• NEW! Introducing Lift & Shift for your clients simply wishing to move their existing booking to next year, protecting their original price and promotion. Simply select a qualifying sailing in the future, give us a call, and we'll handle the rest!    
    • NEW! Book on-or-before August 1, 2020 and take advantage of our Best Price Guarantee up to 48-hours prior to sailing, ensuring that your clients are getting the best deal!   

Wow! Ken, thanks for posting this. We have a cruise booked for Feb. 28th next year hoping things will be mostly back to normal by then. It looks like the Lift & Shift option will allow us to move to another date. Any Idea on how the "protecting their original price and promotion" works? We got a fantastic deal on our aft balcony cabin, will we be able to apply the price we paid to the same category on another sailing?

How does this impact already cancelled cruises?  We opted for a FCC for our cancelled cruise in May.  Does this policy only apply if CWC is done, meaning we have to cancel the booking and not Royal? 

1 minute ago, smush21 said:

Two observations:

1) There is a reason Royal are doing this - they need to keep cash

2) if this doesn't work - what else can they possibly do...

It goes to the thread  yesterday that they are not going to compete on price but they will find other areas to compete.  They now have the best policy of any of tje mass market lines. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, firefox247 said:

How does this impact already cancelled cruises?  We opted for a FCC for our cancelled cruise in May.  Does this policy only apply if CWC is done, meaning we have to cancel the booking and not Royal? 

This cannot be backdated.  What is last is last and cannot be changed. 

it would apply to your newly booked cruise though as long as it is booked before August 1

Edited by Ourusualbeach

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Has to be within a 4 week time period of your original cruise.  Same length and basic itinerary. 

Can I just get a FCC for Deposit and Full payment which I already paid?

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

This cannot be backdated.  What is last is last and cannot be changed. 

Thanks.  I also have a cruise for June that I expect to be cancelled.  Does this mean I need to cancel it myself to get those benefits like Lift and Shift, or they will allow it if/when that sailing is cancelled?

Just now, happy cruiser1234 said:

Will the lift & shift allow for a December 13th cruise to be shifted to a cruise over Christmas?  Or would the holiday cruises be excluded?

No. Shifting to a holiday cruise unless you are already booked on one Is not allowed. Sorry Serena.  Check out prices on Oasis this year...very low. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1