No Winter 2021 Caribbean schedule

TinaM67

Well, the thing is, there are Caribbean cruises scheduled for Jan-Apr of 2021 on HAL's website.  All of the other cruise lines are taking reservations for fall/winter 2021.  

Plus, HAL is offering cruises to Europe, S America, Panama Canal, Hawaii and Mexico for Nov 2021... but no Caribbean.

6 minutes ago, TinaM67 said:

Well, the thing is, there are Caribbean cruises scheduled for Jan-Apr of 2021 on HAL's website. 

Those cruises opened for bookings eons ago, well before the pandemic. I’m booked on one (Jan. 2021).  I think it’s unlikely it will go, or that we’d feel comfortable being on it if it did. 

I think that at this point in time, the cruiselines are not sure where they will be cruising, when, or in what ship or even how many ships will be sailing.  Just keep checking online.  Even if you could make a reservation for 17 months away, the details may well change.

6 hours ago, TinaM67 said:

Well, the thing is, there are Caribbean cruises scheduled for Jan-Apr of 2021 on HAL's website.  All of the other cruise lines are taking reservations for fall/winter 2021.  

Plus, HAL is offering cruises to Europe, S America, Panama Canal, Hawaii and Mexico for Nov 2021... but no Caribbean.

I think that it might have something to do with a lack of decision on fall 2021. They have not yet scheduled the repositioning of three of the Alaska ships, the Nordam, Konsingdam and Oosterdam. One will go to Japan, one to Australia and one to the Caribbean. When they are scheduled we will know the answer. Give me room for a possible mistake here. I made this observation three months ago as I am watching for the Australian cruise.

Edited by aa7yy
Old age

3 minutes ago, aa7yy said:

I think that it might have something to do with a lack of decision on fall 2021. The have not yet scheduled the repositioning of three of the Alaska ships, the Nordam, Konsingdam and Oosterdam. One will go to Japan, one to Australia and one to the Caribbean. When they are scheduled we will know the answer. Give room for a possible mistake here. I made this observation three months ago as I am watching for the Australian cruise.

Koningsdam is doing 24 day Mexico/Hawai’i 1/9/21. We booked that cruise 14 months ago. Will see if we will still go. Right now the Covid is the big issue for them and not counting on a lot f hope at this point of going.

Denise😊

Caribbean is usually one of the LAST destinations opened for future bookings and HAL (along with Aus/NZ and Asia).  Additionally they are usually one of the last to market with Caribbean amongst their peers (along with Princess).  Last year the Fall 2020-Spring 2021 Caribbean bookings didn't open until Early/Mid June if memory serves.  HAL recently opened the Hawaii and Mexico as well as South America Fall 2021 to Spring 2022 sailings, and a few weeks before that the Panama Canal full transits for the same time period.  All of this even in the midst of the covid crisis.  Europe and Alaska always the first itineraries open for booking by HAL, often by 5-6 months before other destinations.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

3 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Koningsdam is doing 24 day Mexico/Hawai’i 1/9/21. We booked that cruise 14 months ago. Will see if we will still go. Right now the Covid is the big issue for them and not counting on a lot f hope at this point of going.

Denise😊

That is not the "season" OP is referring to. They are referring to 2021-22.

17 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Caribbean is usually one of the LAST destinations opened for future bookings and HAL (along with Aus/NZ and Asia).  Additionally they are usually one of the last to market with Caribbean amongst their peers (along with Princess).  Last year the Fall 2020-Spring 2021 Caribbean bookings didn't open until Early/Mid June if memory serves.  HAL recently opened the Hawaii and Mexico as well as South America Fall 2021 to Spring 2022 sailings, and a few weeks before that the Panama Canal full transits for the same time period.  All of this even in the midst of the covid crisis.  Europe and Alaska always the first itineraries open for booking by HAL, often by 5-6 months before other destinations.

Thanks for the helpful reply.