Is a refundable deposit only refunded in fcc?

plucasana

I have a slight variation of the original question, if X cancel our med cruise before our final payment date, will they offer to refund our deposit in cash or give us 125% FCC or I’d FCC only offered if you’ve paid in full?

1 hour ago, Lolou127 said:

I have a slight variation of the original question, if X cancel our med cruise before our final payment date, will they offer to refund our deposit in cash or give us 125% FCC or I’d FCC only offered if you’ve paid in full?

The 125% Future Cruise Credit is only for those persons who have made final payment, and then the cruise was cancelled by Celebrity.  Those people will get a cash refund of their taxes and fees as well as other pre-paids; and then a 125% certificate for their cruise fare. Those people can also choose a 100% cash refund, or they can "Lift and Shift" their booking. 

If you're before final payment and you cancel, you'd get a refund in cash of your deposit if it was refundable.  If it was non-refundable, you'd get a future cruise credit for the deposit amount minus the $100.00 per person penalty. 

If you choose to cancel after final payment on a cruise that Celebrity has not cancelled as of the moment you decide to cancel, you can either get a 100% credit (not a cash refund) or "lift and shift" your booking to the following year's cruise that meets the criteria of the program.

Harris

Denver, CO

Edited by omeinv

26 minutes ago, omeinv said:

If you choose to cancel after final payment on a cruise that Celebrity has not cancelled as of the moment you decide to cancel, you can either get a 100% credit (not a cash refund) or "lift and shift" your booking to the following year's cruise that meets the criteria of the program.

Does it not still depend on when after final payment you decide to cancel? In our case, we cancelled just over 30 days before the cruise, while still at the 75% penalty mark. We received 25% cash refund and 75% FCC refund. Prior to the CWC policy introduction, we would have received only the 25% cash refund. Had we waited a few more days to cancel and were under 30 days till the cruise, then it would have been 100% FCC or L&S.

1 minute ago, Fouremco said:

Does it not still depend on when after final payment you decide to cancel? In our case, we cancelled just over 30 days before the cruise, while still at the 75% penalty mark. We received 25% cash refund and 75% FCC refund. Prior to the CWC policy introduction, we would have received only the 25% cash refund. Had we waited a few more days to cancel and were under 30 days till the cruise, then it would have been 100% FCC or L&S.

Correct.  My apologies for not clarifying that aspect.  If you choose to cancel within Final Payment date, the amount not subject to penalty can be a cash refund. 

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I know I have read that this was the case early on right after CWC program was introduced.  I believe after a short time they changed and now you can either get the entire amount in FCC or take the original penalty schedule.