Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

5 hours ago, upwarduk said:

For a moment I thought I was given 6 points, then I remembered I got 3 Go Green points last week, after our recent cruise.😱

Mine are there now but already Elite plus so not a big deal.  Looking forward to using the extra wifi next month on the Silhouette 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Hopefully between the go green, PUP'S and any upgrades in categories you'll get there.

Question for you, as a solo traveller do you find you have to call after to get the extra points added? I'm curious because I have a 12 night in a suite in Feb so obviously would rather have the extra points to make me elite for my next cruise a couple of months later

13 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

Question for you, as a solo traveller do you find you have to call after to get the extra points added? I'm curious because I have a 12 night in a suite in Feb so obviously would rather have the extra points to make me elite for my next cruise a couple of months later

I sometimes travel solo and sometimes travel with a friend.  Never had to call to get the extra solo points.  They just appeared in my account.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Hopefully between the go green, PUP'S and any upgrades in categories you'll get there.

I am totally at the mercy of PUP's.  No cruises to upgrade or go green opportunities.  Not sure it matters though, we can get by on the clothes we bring with our current one bag each of wash & fold as jeans and polo type shirts have done just fine.  If we need to send dress clothes through the regular laundry we do that.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

Watch your points after the 12 night. A few times I have had to call when I travelled solo. They corrected immediately. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Charles4515 said:

Watch your points after the 12 night. A few times I have had to call when I travelled solo. They corrected immediately. 

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on them I swear last time it didn't get added but it was a short cruise. Obviously the longer cruise I want to make sure they go on so will watch for a couple of weeks after I get back

1 minute ago, Lena11033 said:

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on them I swear last time it didn't get added but it was a short cruise. Obviously the longer cruise I want to make sure they go on so will watch for a couple of weeks after I get back

Always check. They do screw up sometimes. Also there is a place on the website with your cruise history. And points. If you didn’t get your points you could still get them. 

55 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

On my Apex TA they were applied correctly but the 2 previous cruises were not so I called captains club and they were applied pretty quickly

I was missing well over 100 points as I had stayed in a concierge verandah so check carefully. 

Just now, drakes2 said:

On my Apex TA they were applied correctly but the 2 previous cruises were not so I called captains club and they were applied pretty quickly

I was missing well over 100 points as I had stayed in a concierge verandah so check carefully. 

Actually thinking back it was 3 cruises one of them dating back to 2019.

Whoopee!  Got the three.  Now I need just 1,688 more to get to Zenith!!!  In six months, thanks to actual traditional point accumulation, earned by taking actual cruises, I'll be down to 1,538 to go.  If I cruise 20 nights a year in balcony cabins, I'll be Zenith by the time I'm 96...Maybe a few more PUPs and I can cut it back to 95.  I am SO excited! 

😁

• Haha 8

3 hours ago, ecslady said:

I sometimes travel solo and sometimes travel with a friend.  Never had to call to get the extra solo points.  They just appeared in my account.

2 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Always check. They do screw up sometimes. Also there is a place on the website with your cruise history. And points. If you didn’t get your points you could still get them

2 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Hmmm, did not receive double points in a CC solo cabin (my only solo cabin ever) on my cruise a year ago. But the solo supplement was also 0. Should I still have received double without paying a supplement just because I was solo?

Edit: my points from the seminar also hit sometime between yesterday and today.

Edited by RedIguana

58 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

Hmmm, did not receive double points in a CC solo cabin (my only solo cabin ever) on my cruise a year ago. But the solo supplement was also 0. Should I still have received double without paying a supplement just because I was solo?

Edit: my points from the seminar also hit sometime between yesterday and today.

If you didn't pay the supplement then that may be why you got points for a single person but it doesn't hurt to call and inquire. If you are eligible they will add them

3 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

Whoopee!  Got the three.  Now I need just 1,688 more to get to Zenith!!!  In six months, thanks to actual traditional point accumulation, earned by taking actual cruises, I'll be down to 1,538 to go.  If I cruise 20 nights a year in balcony cabins, I'll be Zenith by the time I'm 96...Maybe a few more PUPs and I can cut it back to 95.  I am SO excited! 

😁

hmm I only need 1415 to make Zenith.  Here's the scary thing - assuming I don't get so annoyed with X that I cancel anything and I use the holding booking I have, plus a few more PUP opportunities, I should get there by the end of 2025 

• Like 3

I’m dying to get to Elite but it feels sooooo far for me 🥺

I’m wondering if I should just go on Royal Caribbean cruises and match status when I reach Diamond?  Is it just me, or is it easier to achieve status on RCCL?  

Edited by peachcreamsicle
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, peachcreamsicle said:

I’m wondering if I should just go on Royal Caribbean cruises and match status when I reach Diamond?  Is it just me, or is it easier to achieve status on RCCL?

It depends on how you want to get there and how much money spent vs cabin type. CC class double occupancy takes 60 nights (CC usually pretty close in cost to a standard veranda on quite a few sailings) vs 80 nights double occupancy for RCL balcony and below. It would take 38 nights in a Sky Suite (or the other new lower Celebrity suite classes) vs 40 nights in a JS or above on RCI. I suspect the 40 nights in a JS on Royal would cost half of what it would in a sky suite (assuming looking for deals). The cheapest way is most likely solo in insides on RCI (40 nights). The fastest (and most expensive) would be upper level suites on Celebrity, but on both RCI and celebrity the loyalty benefits are someone diminished compared to the suite amenities.

12 hours ago, peachcreamsicle said:

Can you elaborate on what benefits you are "dying" for? Most of those benefits are available in other forms.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

My wife, however, received nothing.

Keep in mind that only one of you needs the points, as long as it's the same one.  DH has my status, even though he's one behind in terms of his points (because I do one a year with my sister).  He doesn't do power up at all, since he doesn't need it.