Enchanted Princess at Sea

Elevatorman

On 6/18/2020 at 4:47 PM, Elevatorman said:

629E407F-3634-4CE2-B3A9-894A1D8CB26C.thumb.jpeg.9d1ca90a32f927a311fe36aeee3c3f5e.jpeg

She is still in Palermo.  Not sure if this is a pause in her sea trials and they will continue with another set or they are doing some final fitting in different areas.

I am confident that she will be just fine and ready to greet us on November 21st as we board her for two weeks.

On 6/22/2020 at 8:30 AM, AF-1 said:

Time will tell; we shall see what happens with the virus and if the shipyard starts up sea trials again. 

They have FIVE months to get the finishing touches done so she can be in Fort Lauderdale in order to start her winter season.  You seem to imply that you're  doubtful it will happen.

On 6/22/2020 at 8:39 AM, phabric said:

With the sea test being done, does it mean that the interior work  is finished?

No, not at all.

7 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

They have FIVE months to get the finishing touches done so she can be in Fort Lauderdale in order to start her winter season.  You seem to imply that you're  doubtful it will happen.

No, not at all.

Correct.  Most of the major stuff is done, but the "final" touches need to be made.  Still on track to sail into Port Everglades in November.  Yeah!

• Like 1

We were going to be on Enchanted July 1st for the maiden voyage from London to Rome.  We were supposed to fly out today.  We are disappointed as well.  

I really hope that she is able to sail with passengers in November.  I wish you all safe and happy travels.

We are one the Nov. 21 sailing excited to go, but still wary of what the shipboard requirements will be. We have spoke with Princess and there answer is they have no idea.  I know there will be extra precautions prior to boarding like questionnaire, taking temperature, and other possible tests they deem necessary, no problem.  I hope that masks will not be a requirement as going to pool and having a drink at the bar where i have met some great people and had great conversations will not be the same.  Also how will they handle the theater?   I can understand if that is what must be done then I will,  have until July 31 to decide if I want to make final payment for this crusie. I t just will not be the same as the good old days of cruising, yes I know the times they are a changing.  Any new information on what to expect will be greatly appreciated.  

On 6/25/2020 at 7:36 AM, MarkE said:

We are one the Nov. 21 sailing excited to go, but still wary of what the shipboard requirements will be. We have spoke with Princess and there answer is they have no idea.  I know there will be extra precautions prior to boarding like questionnaire, taking temperature, and other possible tests they deem necessary, no problem.  I hope that masks will not be a requirement as going to pool and having a drink at the bar where i have met some great people and had great conversations will not be the same.  Also how will they handle the theater?   I can understand if that is what must be done then I will,  have until July 31 to decide if I want to make final payment for this crusie. I t just will not be the same as the good old days of cruising, yes I know the times they are a changing.  Any new information on what to expect will be greatly appreciated.  

We are excited as well and we don't know what we don't know.  I'm sure that there are a number of playbooks that have been created that cover every aspect of controlling the social aspects of cruising and protecting against the virus without ruining the experience.  What we need to believe is that the cruise industry has to get back to creating revenue soon in order to exist.

Let's hope for a reliable vaccine soon along with a solution for those that have contracted the virus.  I am hoping to undergo the testing for antibodies from a possible case of Covid last December.  Regardless, we will be aboard the Enchanted on November 21 if she is sailing on that date and if so it will be her maiden voyage with passengers.