The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

10 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

Finally, April 11, 1954 was roughly speaking the moment of my conception (TMI!) so Ann and Emil K would disagree.  But in the larger scheme of things, you might be right.  

What?! You too! Beginning to look like April 54 was the fun time to be around. (omitting the consequences for those involved / the world / CruiseCritic etc etc)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oakridger said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic @Ice Bear.  To get other more targeted responses to your questions try asking on the CC Canada/New England/East Coast Ports of Call forum here:  (I see you have already asked on the river cruises American Queen Forums)

Canada/New England Cruises Q&A: Find Tips & Recommendations - Cruise Critic Message Board Forums

East Coast Departures - Cruise Critic Community

~Nancy

Thank you for pointing me to these resources Nancy. I appreciate your guidance.

16 hours ago, Ice Bear said:

I am seeking recommendations to go from Toronto’s Pearson Airport to the Toronto Hilton: a reliable airport shuttle, private driver, or taxi company. I cannot manage my luggage on the train. Avoiding Uber, etc. While Crystal is paused, a close-to-home Great Lakes cruise became an option. Thank you.

No need to turn this into a "research project". Once you clear Customs and Immigration and are out in the Arrivals area of the terminal, just follow the signs to Taxi/Limo. They are a flat rate to anywhere in the city, and they are clean and reliable. We use them every time we come home by air and have never had a problem. 

54 minutes ago, Roland4 said:

No need to turn this into a "research project". Once you clear Customs and Immigration and are out in the Arrivals area of the terminal, just follow the signs to Taxi/Limo. They are a flat rate to anywhere in the city, and they are clean and reliable. We use them every time we come home by air and have never had a problem. 

Thank you Roland4. The Flat Rate is awesome!

12 hours ago, Noggins said:

Interesting - on a simple count back that was roughly the date I was conceived. I'd like to think it wasn't an entirely boring day for those concerned.... 👀

You and KenzSailing are twins, born an ocean apart?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Noggins said:

What?! You too! Beginning to look like April 54 was the fun time to be around. (omitting the consequences for those involved / the world / CruiseCritic etc etc)

Well, that explains that:

And just because I'm linking to clips, I'd like to remind everyone what a great actor the late Alan Rickman was.  He burst on the American scene as Hans Gruber in Diehard (the villains are always more interesting.) Ergo:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Roy, I’ve been reading your old blogs and travel history to try and figure out some trips for the future. What fabulous ways you chose to travel, and your itineraries were often unique and amazing.  Thanks so much for your detailed reports!  

• Like 7

Finally we are getting a break from the absolutely yucky weather we're been stuck in for the past 2-3 weeks.  At 4PM it's 83Fand NO HUMIDITY, and it's forecast to stay that way throughout the weekend.  So my plan is to grill my pants off (or maybe not, as the town's vice-mayor lives next door, and I don't think that's the kind of vice she would appreciate.)

Tonight, something easy: it's Burger Night in America.  Yes, I do call it that.    

• Like 3

22 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

Finally we are getting a break from the absolutely yucky weather we're been stuck in for the past 2-3 weeks.  At 4PM it's 83Fand NO HUMIDITY, and it's forecast to stay that way throughout the weekend.  So my plan is to grill my pants off (or maybe not, as the town's vice-mayor lives next door, and I don't think that's the kind of vice she would appreciate.)

Tonight, something easy: it's Burger Night in America.  Yes, I do call it that.    

We call it Burger Monday. But it’s not tonight.

Oh, nor is it Friday night

Edited by May B
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

The one to have when you're having one (I may have gotten a little carried away)

IMG_0208.thumb.jpg.96ce1b616db34b5ea61780ae5f5cfeb3.jpg

Yummy!! Is that a Martin’s potato roll?

You weren’t kidding about the weather…. I opened the door this morning and started to panic at just how many weeks I must have been asleep last night.  I forgot what it felt like to have air that didn’t feel like you’re swimming through jello as you walk.

(The Maryland Office of Tourism Development obviously couldn’t sponsor me enough to make up nice things about summers here.)

Vince

Edited by BWIVince
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

For you, we'll set out a knife and fork, just like they eat them in Paris.

Now, if you'll pardon me, I have a steak to flip.

Moi aussi, por favor.

What degree of doneness is the steak?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1