If you need a Dottie "fix"

chivatosteve

2 hours ago, ORV said:

I like Trivia, but I just can't bring myself to click on that link. That voice, it's like nails on a chalk board for me. 

Plus I hate the Steelers and phobia questions 😀

• Like 4

She is also featured for a second or two in a Youtube video called "Sailing."  It's a video done on Zoom or zoom-style in which a group of cruise ship performers sing a song, do short magic performances, play an instrument, dance, etc.  

My heart sinks whenever I embark on an Oceania cruise and hear her annoying voice for the first time. I know I will enjoy my cruise a little less having to listen to her drone on and on reading me a schedule of events I am most capable of reading for myself. 

Edited by edgee
typo
  • Like 3

Oh now, that's not so nice.  I thought Dottie was OK.  And all the cruise directors announce the schedule of events.  Honestly, I cruise more to see places I haven't seen, and which cruise director is on board isn't all that important to me anyway. 

If you want a much lower-keyed set of cruise directors, you might want to try Viking.  They make fewer announcements.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roothy123 said:

Oh now, that's not so nice.  I thought Dottie was OK.  And all the cruise directors announce the schedule of events.  Honestly, I cruise more to see places I haven't seen, and which cruise director is on board isn't all that important to me anyway. 

If you want a much lower-keyed set of cruise directors, you might want to try Viking.  They make fewer announcements.  

I was merely stating a fact. I feel a little sad/disappointed when I embark on an Oceania cruise and learn that she is the cruise director. There are many Oceania cruise directors (eg. Julie James) who do a fine job, do not make the cruise all about themselves and make announcements in a much more abbreviated way. 

• Like 3

Well, I will give a vote for Dottie ... yes, we only sailed with her on Regatta in the summer of 2012.  We really liked her (and her hubby as well).  As a singer myself I'm very sensitive to voices and I can't recall being offended by hers at all!  When we arrived at the end port of Istanbul on that cruise we were unable to dock because a Carnival ship what was supposed to have departed before we got there -- did not.  And so we had to wait until they finally weighed anchor to dock ourselves and go on shore. 

People were asking her about what had happened, why it had happened, and I admired her professionalism in really not saying anything.  We were staying on in Istanbul for a few days so the delay really did not affect US.

After our cruise with her back then she did have some health problems and perhaps the voice issues that you guys are complaining about developed later .... I have no idea!  But there are tons of TV and radio commercials where the voices really grate on my ear ...

• Like 1