NCL Escape cruises for February 2021 no longer listed

We have a B2B booked on Escape for Feb. 2021 out of Port Canaveral. Our reservations are still listed but the ship is not scheduled for any cruises. I is supposed to be sailing in January and March. Now the only ship going out of Port Canaveral in Feb. is the Sun. Does anyone know why this would show up that way? Is it still possible it will still sail as scheduled? Just wondering how it has been with people that have have a similar experience.

1 hour ago, packercruising said:

Thanks for responding! We were booked for B2B Eastern. Now those sailings are Western. 

I see the same.   No eastern  7 day.      Western is great for snorkeling.  🙂   

I agree, NCL is doing some shuffling. I don't blame them since things are so dynamic at the moment, but the cruise I wanted to use my nextcruise certificate as a deposit on vanished yesterday. Planning a cruise now is nearly impossible. My best advice is be prepared for changes.

Edited by BermudaBound2014

We cruise the Caribbean every February. We live in N. WI, where it often gets below zero and we get blasted with snow, so we don't care where we go as long as we get a break for a couple weeks.

Full disclosure, though. DW informs me that Western was always our itinerary.

11 hours ago, packercruising said:

We live in N. WI, where it often gets below zero and we get blasted with snow

I know what you mean. I was stationed in Sturgeon Bay with the USCG from 1985-1987. My DW & I bought a 2-person snowmobile so we could get out of the house in the winter. We used to pack a picnic, take the snowmobile to a spot on the shore of Green Bay or Lake Michigan (I can't remember which) and picnic right on the shoreline ice pack.

My USCG co-workers were also into snowmobiling, big time. Lots of snowmobile trails up there in Door County and most of them went right by the numerous bars up there. Of course, we would have to make pit-stop(s) at these establishments!

Anyway, snowmobiling was the method we used to get out of the house (to counteract cabin fever) during those snow-filled Wisconsin winters. But, Florida in the winter sounds even better. Ironically, before the USCG, I used to live in Melbourne, Florida - not too far from Port Canaveral.

That is very interesting! We live 78 miles NW of Green Bay. We retired up here from Milwaukee in 2009. Oddly enough, we have never been to Door County

I prefer winter over summer. No snowmobiling, but I do a lot of walking. The snowmobile clubs do an excellent job of grooming the trails.

I would not want to live in FL. It might be okay in the winter, but summers must be intolerable. I read a lot of authors from down that way though. 

4 hours ago, packercruising said:

That is very interesting! We live 78 miles NW of Green Bay. We retired up here from Milwaukee in 2009. Oddly enough, we have never been to Door County

I prefer winter over summer. No snowmobiling, but I do a lot of walking. The snowmobile clubs do an excellent job of grooming the trails.

I would not want to live in FL. It might be okay in the winter, but summers must be intolerable. I read a lot of authors from down that way though. 

I see by your avatar that you are a Packers fan. Do you or have you attend(ed) Packer home games at Lambeau Field? I was born near Detroit, Mich and currently live in western Mich, so I (unfortunately, lol) am a Detroit Lions fan. I know, ouch, right? You guys beat us twice a year. When I was stationed in Sturgeon Bay, I tried more than once to get Packer tickets but to no avail. Tough ticket to get! Guess people of Wisconsin take their Packers seriously!

I recommend taking a road trip (in the summer) to Door County.  A lot of neat small towns along both the coast of Green Bay and the coast of Lake Michigan. Very scenic, as well.

You're right about Florida in the summer. Hot and humid! (I also grew up in the Miami area). Plus, I also lived in Houston, Texas when I worked as a civilian for the USCG. Another hot and humid place in the summer. Guess that's why you have "snowbirds" - people that live up north (i.e. Wisconsin or Michigan) during the spring/summer/fall and then "fly" (travel) south to Florida in the winter.

I retired (recently) also. Maybe I should buy (naw, better to rent) a condo in Florida and become a snowbird myself!

We haven't attended in many years. A good way to get tickets has been from bars that are sending a bus. Now you can get them from Stub Hub. They have sold out every game since 1960. There are about 70,000 on the waiting list. We have been on a lot of cruises with Packer players. Not sure what to say about the Lions. They give the Packers fits sometimes. Your management stinks, though. They need to clean house and get serious. Have you ever read Steve Hamilton? He has a character, Alex McKnight who is from Detroit, but most of the action is in Paradise, MI. Very good series, if you like mysteries.

I would love to take a road trip to Door County. We are more cruisers than roadsters. We have a program up here called Discover Wisconsin. They highlight Door County really well.

We live in a small town and we lose about 20% of our population during the winter. A lot of them do it for health reasons. Don't blame them for that, but they miss a lot of the beauty of our winters. DW has knee problems and the ice is hard for her. I wouldn't mind if we could get away for a month. We still have two dogs at home. We have some good friends that have a home in Tampa. In fact, we are supposed to cruise with them on this cruise.

Congratulations on your retirement! When people ask you what you do to keep from getting bored, you can laugh at them, because you will be more busy than ever. You probably already know that.

Hey Packercruising,

Fellow  Wisconsinites here. Funny I know right where Townsend is. We lived in Green Bay for 30 years supported the best team in the NFL and still do. Living in that hot humid Florida. Retired and moved here 7 years ago. Best move ever. 

Actually you adjust to the heat beats pushing a snowblower. Every home Down here has AC. All businesses and vehicles have it so really not a big deal. You do no physical work outside during the day. But the winter here is incredible. Like a beautiful WI day. People think it is so brutal but not bad yes we have a pool too.

anyway.... I just came on this site to see about trying NCL. We cruise Celebrity exclusively but pricing us out. Been on HAL, Princess and Royal. We are an hour from Port Canaveral.

any tips to share about NCL? love our cocktails and music.

• Like 1

Last I heard, you have a hurricane headed your way. 😀 I have a hard time breathing in high humidity and actually like snow blowing. Hate doing yard work. Luckily we live in the woods, so nobody noticed we retired up here from Milwaukee 11 years ago. Must be hard to get brats down there.

We are Platinum members on NCL. We started out taking several cruises with Packer players. It got to be too much red tape to get players but a bunch of Packer fans usually cruise every February. Travelling with a group on this sailing too, so there will be a lot of Packer fans, assuming we sail at all. If you like laid back, NCL is the pioneer in free style cruising. No traditional dining. Good food and service. We have only cruised on Celebrity once, so I can't really compare it to that. We really didn't enjoy that one because the CD took away the piano bars and lounge entertainment for reggae. Blasted it all over the ship. I will try to answer any questions, though.

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 12:15 PM, packercruising said:

We have a B2B booked on Escape for Feb. 2021 out of Port Canaveral. Our reservations are still listed but the ship is not scheduled for any cruises. I is supposed to be sailing in January and March. Now the only ship going out of Port Canaveral in Feb. is the Sun. Does anyone know why this would show up that way? Is it still possible it will still sail as scheduled? Just wondering how it has been with people that have have a similar experience.

I assume that all ships sailing will sail with a lower capacity of people. Maybe once they reach the capacity, they don't offer anymore..?? Just an assumption.. 

• Like 1

Being a Lions fan is like something you can't help. You can't choose your relatives. You guys have problems at the top and I am sorry about that. You need someone in the front office that knows what they are doing. You guys are good enough to not get the good draft picks. You could probably dominate the NFC East. Those guys are pathetic. The Lions are never a gimme.

Actually brat speaking we get the same brats here as we did in Wisconsin.Johnsonville. Not as good as the ones my brother used to make homemade. Love Milwaukee. Wife was from West Allis.

So again what NCL cruise are you planning on going on in the future?we may try it.

yes we have a storm coming... just need to keep an eye on it.when it rains here it pours..

11 hours ago, packercruising said:

Being a Lions fan is like something you can't help. You can't choose your relatives. You guys have problems at the top and I am sorry about that. You need someone in the front office that knows what they are doing. You guys are good enough to not get the good draft picks. You could probably dominate the NFC East. Those guys are pathetic. The Lions are never a gimme.

Thanks for going easy on me (for being a Lions fan), lol. Yeah, I was born just outside of Detroit (Grosse Pointe, MI) so the Lions are my team by birthright plus, I now am currently living back in Michigan (Muskegon), so that's another tie to the Lions.

You're probably right that there is a problem at the top (I don't know who is even at the top - guess I need to google it). I was hopeful when they hired Matt Patricia from the Patriots but so far, he hasn't lived up to expectations - 9 W 22 L 1 T (.297 winning %).

As a side note btw, I am somewhat familiar with Wisconsin, especially Door County. I was stationed in Sturgeon Bay with the USCG from 1985-1987. I can remember trying but never being able to get Packer home game tickets at Lambeau Field. Tough ticket to get! (guess I should've tried a scalper, eh?).

Well, here's hoping we have NFL football this year. Not sure if there will be fans in the stands or not. I hate this new normal.

1 hour ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Actually brat speaking we get the same brats here as we did in Wisconsin.Johnsonville. Not as good as the ones my brother used to make homemade. Love Milwaukee.

I definitely remember the brats when I lived in Sturgeon Bay, WI. Loved them! Yeah, I love Milwaukee also. Living here in Muskegon, MI we have the Lake Express, a high speed passenger/auto ferry that runs to/from Milwaukee twice a day in spring/fall and three times a day in summer (although during this current covid19 summer, she only makes the third run on Friday and Sunday nights).

Last summer (2019), I used the Lake Express multiple times and got a hotel room in south Milwaukee for a couple/few nights at a time. I would usually attend Brewers games. One trip, I did a Milwaukee brewery tour. Unfortunately, with this current covid19 pandemic, I haven't taken the trip on the Lake Express to Milwaukee this year, even though she is running (passengers required to wear masks and they have cut capacity to allow for social distancing).

I'm flirting with the idea of taking the Lake Express to Milwaukee (bringing my truck), staying a couple/few nights (even though I don't know if there is anything to do -> no Brewer baseball to attend, etc) and then drive north up to Manitowoc, stay a couple nights, then take the SS Badger back across Lake Michigan to Ludington, MI. Then drive south back to home in Muskegon, MI, about a 40 min drive. I would call this trip "the circuit". I'm still thinking about whether to do it or not. We'll see. Btw, the Lake Express and SS Badger trips across Lake Michigan would probably be the only "cruising" I'll get to do this year 😭. I was planning on cruising solo on NCL this year but then the covid "hit the fan". Hopefully, next year.

Stay safe & healthy.

Edited by farmersfight

6 hours ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Actually brat speaking we get the same brats here as we did in Wisconsin.Johnsonville. Not as good as the ones my brother used to make homemade. Love Milwaukee. Wife was from West Allis.

So again what NCL cruise are you planning on going on in the future?we may try it.

yes we have a storm coming... just need to keep an eye on it.when it rains here it pours..

Johnsonville Brats are a poor substitute for real Wisconsin brats. It is just that they have taken over. Klements, Usinger or Sheboygan, those are real brats. Even better is if you go to a local German butcher shop. Kind of like Budweiser. Lousy beer, not even made in 'sconsin, but they have the money to spend, so they are all over the place. 

We are booked on the Escape for the 7 day Feb 13 cruise and then staying on for the 5 day that follows it, because 7 days is not enough. We are supposed to do a Hawaii cruise on HAL in November, but it doesn't look like that will happen. In 2022, we are sailing NCL for Iceland. 

Edited by packercruising

5 hours ago, farmersfight said:

I definitely remember the brats when I lived in Sturgeon Bay, WI. Loved them! Yeah, I love Milwaukee also. Living here in Muskegon, MI we have the Lake Express, a high speed passenger/auto ferry that runs to/from Milwaukee twice a day in spring/fall and three times a day in summer (although during this current covid19 summer, she only makes the third run on Friday and Sunday nights).

Last summer (2019), I used the Lake Express multiple times and got a hotel room in south Milwaukee for a couple/few nights at a time. I would usually attend Brewers games. One trip, I did a Milwaukee brewery tour. Unfortunately, with this current covid19 pandemic, I haven't taken the trip on the Lake Express to Milwaukee this year, even though she is running (passengers required to wear masks and they have cut capacity to allow for social distancing).

I'm flirting with the idea of taking the Lake Express to Milwaukee (bringing my truck), staying a couple/few nights (even though I don't know if there is anything to do -> no Brewer baseball to attend, etc) and then drive north up to Manitowoc, stay a couple nights, then take the SS Badger back across Lake Michigan to Ludington, MI. Then drive south back to home in Muskegon, MI, about a 40 min drive. I would call this trip "the circuit". I'm still thinking about whether to do it or not. We'll see. Btw, the Lake Express and SS Badger trips across Lake Michigan would probably be the only "cruising" I'll get to do this year 😭. I was planning on cruising solo on NCL this year but then the covid "hit the fan". Hopefully, next year.

Stay safe & healthy.

Aren't those ferrys expensive. We often though it might be fun just to take it over and back. Sounds like fun!