Your experience, best suite/s Norwegian Bliss?

realdeal1003

2 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

That makes more sense, now I see the extra 1/2 at the front of the cabin entrance area.

And the angle of the floor plan doesn't show the complete wrap-around balcony which is separated by a door.  (Not the same as the side balcony off the master.)  So there are in essence two side balconies and the huge one in the front.

Easier to see on video https://youtu.be/-gE8pCLWspE.

Highly recommend! 👍

• Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 3:54 PM, phillyguy31 said:

The aft suite is fantastic, huge balcony separate living room. The only issue is the walk to the Haven itself, however it does help burn off the food and drinks.

We are booked on an Aft Facing Haven Penthouse Suite on the Bliss leaving Seattle on March 22nd for Alaska!  The room number 10314.  I love AFT facing suites and this seems like a nice deal.  Any thoughts?

13 hours ago, Huddler said:

We are booked on an Aft Facing Haven Penthouse Suite on the Bliss leaving Seattle on March 22nd for Alaska!  The room number 10314.  I love AFT facing suites and this seems like a nice deal.  Any thoughts?

Loved the Aft and loved the Bliss. We actually hooked our friends on the aft Haven as well.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2020 at 12:38 PM, Two Wheels Only said:

It's sad that NCL is currently asking $1,490pp more for an aft-facing suite on deck 9, 12, or 15 (HB) vs. deck 10, 11, 13, or 14 (HC) for that cruise. 

What is the difference between an AFT Facing Penthouse Haven Suite on 9,12, and 15?  We are booked into 10314 and it seems like all the HC suites are the same.

1 hour ago, Huddler said:

What is the difference between an AFT Facing Penthouse Haven Suite on 9,12, and 15? 

Balcony depth differs by deck. The size order from deepest to least deep is 9, 12, 15, 14, 11, 10, 13 on the Breakaway Plus ships (Escape, Joy, Bliss, Encore). NCL started charging more for the 3 deepest balcony decks. It used to be that all were the same price. 

1 hour ago, Huddler said:

We are booked into 10314 and it seems like all the HC suites are the same.

The Haven Aft-facing suites come in 2 configurations for the BA & BA Plus ships. Either the bedroom is near the balcony (Configuration A) or the master bathroom is near the balcony (Configuration B).

With Configuration A, the bedroom (larger) is near the balcony and there is a 2nd access door to the balcony in the bedroom.

With Configuration B, the master bathroom (larger) is near the balcony and has a view of the ocean and balcony but no 2nd access door to the balcony. 

Configuration A doesn't have natural light in the master bathroom.

Configuration B doesn't have natural light in the bedroom.

On Breakaway and Getaway, Configuration A is on decks 11 and 14.

On Breakaway and Getaway, Configuration B is on decks 9, 10, 12, and 13.

On Escape/Joy/Bliss/Encore, Configuration A is on decks 9, 10, 12, 13, and 15

On Escape/Joy/Bliss/Encore, Configuration B is on decks 11 and 14. (opposite of BA/GA)

Your 10314 on Bliss is Configuration A. 

• Like 3

On 9/15/2020 at 7:57 AM, Lupush said:

I was in a Courtyard Penthouse with my Wife and Son the inaugural season.  Room was great, however we will opt for the 2 bedroom on our next cruise on Encore (hopefully) in January.

Did the couch pull out into a double or did they just put sheets on it for a twin XL?

On 9/17/2020 at 8:32 AM, Chesneygirl said:

We were in a courtyard suite on deck 17. Great suite and in a GREAT location…just a few steps away from the courtyard and the bar! As others have said…deck 17 does have a much larger balcony. Our neighbors had requested loungers for their balcony on embarkation day and they were delivered that same day. We were fine with just a table and chairs. Check out my video. I think you'll find that it gives a really great perspective on the cabin and the balcony!  

Thanks for posting my DM and I are planning my50th bday cruise and are considering the Haven Courtyard. Glad to view such a great video.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2020 at 9:32 AM, tgloersen said:

Sailed this ship in a Forward Suite.

While is considered a HAVEN suite it is separate from the Haven "PROPER" area.  We actually dd a cabin crawl during this trip and had the chance to see a few different Haven suites.

By far our group thought that the Forward Suites are the best bargain for the buck.  They are huge, with a massive bathroom.  You get a window out front and a balcony on the side (although this is a small balcony for sure but more than big enough for 2 people easily)

You still get access to all the Haven proper areas.

If you don't mind the walk i highly recommend it.  Big savings.

2018-11-24 15.14.05.jpg

2018-11-24 15.14.21.jpg

2018-11-24 15.15.08.jpg

2018-11-24 15.15.20.jpg

2018-11-24 15.15.30.jpg

2018-11-24 15.16.02.jpg

2018-11-24 15.16.07.jpg

2018-11-24 15.16.13.jpg

2018-11-24 15.16.21.jpg

2018-11-24 15.17.16.jpg

This is the other cabin category we are considering, how is the walk to the Haven? Which deck were you on?

2 hours ago, THIS IS US! said:

This is the other cabin category we are considering, how is the walk to the Haven? Which deck were you on?

The lower the deck, the longer the walk to the elevator. The higher the deck, the shorter the walk to the elevator.

The lower the deck, the view forward suffers because the bow blocks most of the view. On the highest deck (just under the bridge), the side balcony is partially enclosed. One of the suites on deck 13 is one large wheelchair accessible room with a large bathroom (no separate living-room/bedroom). For Bliss, I suggest deck 12 for this Haven category.

Hi guys. Wouldn't you know it, Cruise is cancelled. First off I want to thank everyone that responded. I appreciated all responses. Onward to a cruise that has a much better chance of sailing. NCL Jewel for a July 5th. Alaska cruise out of Seattle. Probably should post a different post so the title will be more accurate. Thanks again guys.  Louie

• 1 month later...
On 11/7/2020 at 2:29 PM, Two Wheels Only said:

Balcony depth differs by deck. The size order from deepest to least deep is 9, 12, 15, 14, 11, 10, 13 on the Breakaway Plus ships (Escape, Joy, Bliss, Encore). NCL started charging more for the 3 deepest balcony decks. It used to be that all were the same price. 

The Haven Aft-facing suites come in 2 configurations for the BA & BA Plus ships. Either the bedroom is near the balcony (Configuration A) or the master bathroom is near the balcony (Configuration B).

With Configuration A, the bedroom (larger) is near the balcony and there is a 2nd access door to the balcony in the bedroom.

With Configuration B, the master bathroom (larger) is near the balcony and has a view of the ocean and balcony but no 2nd access door to the balcony. 

Configuration A doesn't have natural light in the master bathroom.

Configuration B doesn't have natural light in the bedroom.

On Breakaway and Getaway, Configuration A is on decks 11 and 14.

On Breakaway and Getaway, Configuration B is on decks 9, 10, 12, and 13.

On Escape/Joy/Bliss/Encore, Configuration A is on decks 9, 10, 12, 13, and 15

On Escape/Joy/Bliss/Encore, Configuration B is on decks 11 and 14. (opposite of BA/GA)

Your 10314 on Bliss is Configuration A. 

Thanks for this great response!  I appreciate it!!

• 1 year later...
On 10/22/2020 at 6:25 AM, ImADaneFan said:

My vote would be for the DOS on the Bliss.  We spent 21 days in this suite last November and it was fantastic!  The 2nd bedroom was actually large enough for my adult daughter to be comfortable, unlike the 2 bedroom suites in the past.  The Master has fantastic views from the bed and the living room has an amazing amount of space.  We hosted a lot of friends in our cabin during the cruise.

But the best feature in my opinion, is the balcony.  The front balcony spans the front half of the ship and wraps around, but there is a small balcony off the master that is perfect for morning coffee.  The view from the front balcony was perfect for our transit of the Panama Canal, we couldn’t have asked for a better view! 

The only downside was my daughter and I fought over who had to walk down the long hallway to answer the door..I know...1st world problems😏

0C4C2F10-DAD3-4F69-8BF0-CF22C62EE049.jpeg

10203650-E4CF-470E-8C9D-0DDF65B816D9.jpeg

6B06B155-4069-4EEC-98BA-752919E0AC19.jpeg

98749C6D-C9C4-4757-B527-93C079847F8A.jpeg

DAB56EDD-7F04-48F1-B7AA-36ED5A1D0F37.jpeg

91AA64EC-18C2-4899-A541-3A44B18C6260.jpeg

9C01EFAD-7747-4D0E-9BA8-8738BBC32B29.jpeg

281C8B7E-A664-4214-95DB-9204CDBF94F6.jpeg

IMG_2630.MOV

I was on the Panama Canal cruise in Nov 2021 (same as ImaDaneFan) but in a regular balcony. Looking to book the DOS for an Alaska cruise in 2023 and have a few questions. 1 - was it loud with noise from above and 2 - in you opinion, is the pull out couch for a third bed a good idea? Planning to travel with my Dad and his cousin/wife who will have the 2 bedrooms. Thanks!

Edited by sarahka1
typo

6 minutes ago, sarahka1 said:

I was on the Panama Canal cruise in Nov 2021 (same as ImaDaneFan) but in a regular balcony. Looking to book the DOS for an Alaska cruise in 2023 and have a few questions. 1 - was it loud with noise from above and 2 - in you opinion, is the pull out couch for a third bed a good idea? Planning to travel with my Dad and his cousin/wife who will have the 2 bedrooms. Thanks!

The only noise we had was early morning when the crew were moving the deck chairs to clean the sun deck.  It wasn’t horrible, just annoying. It was usually around 5am.  I we were on the starboard side and I would recommend staying on the port side for 2 reasons.  The Haven smoking area is right above the starboard suite and we could smell the smoke when we were in port.  If I remember correctly, the port side sun deck doesn’t have any lounge chairs at the very front, or it has fewer, so hopefully there is less chance of the crew dragging the loungers around to clean.  We did not used the sofa in the living room as a bed so I don’t know how comfortable it is, but you could always ask for a foam topper when the bed is made up. The Murphy bed in the 2nd bedroom was very comfortable according to my adult daughter.  No matter what, the balcony will be fantastic for viewing in Alaska.  But there isn’t a very large overhang, so there isn’t much protection if it’s raining.

Linda

• Like 1

On 6/19/2022 at 2:18 PM, ImADaneFan said:

The only noise we had was early morning when the crew were moving the deck chairs to clean the sun deck.  It wasn’t horrible, just annoying. It was usually around 5am.  I we were on the starboard side and I would recommend staying on the port side for 2 reasons.  The Haven smoking area is right above the starboard suite and we could smell the smoke when we were in port.  If I remember correctly, the port side sun deck doesn’t have any lounge chairs at the very front, or it has fewer, so hopefully there is less chance of the crew dragging the loungers around to clean.  We did not used the sofa in the living room as a bed so I don’t know how comfortable it is, but you could always ask for a foam topper when the bed is made up. The Murphy bed in the 2nd bedroom was very comfortable according to my adult daughter.  No matter what, the balcony will be fantastic for viewing in Alaska.  But there isn’t a very large overhang, so there isn’t much protection if it’s raining.

Linda

Good to know. 2 more questions...do you think it's reasonable to request 2 additional loungers for the balcony? And how does the alcohol ordering work, did you pre-order or wait until you boarded and spoke with the butler? My dad loves a specific Glenlivet LOL. I've looked but haven't seen a current menu.  Thank you!!!

7 hours ago, sarahka1 said:

Good to know. 2 more questions...do you think it's reasonable to request 2 additional loungers for the balcony? And how does the alcohol ordering work, did you pre-order or wait until you boarded and spoke with the butler? My dad loves a specific Glenlivet LOL. I've looked but haven't seen a current menu.  Thank you!!!

You can ask the room steward for additional loungers and it shouldn’t be a problem.  For the alcohol, I have done it both ways, but I usually place my order with the pre-cruise concierge desk.  There is a specific list of items you can select from.  If what you prefer isn’t on the list, sometimes, you can get a substitution.  If you want a substitution, I would suggest ordering once you are onboard.  I find that the butler is more likely to get that accomplished.

Linda

• Like 1