Lift and Shift - New Invoice

dv70

Hi all,

I recently accepted that our upcoming (early 2021) cruise is likely not going to happen, and even if it did, things would be too Covid-y to enjoy. So we did the Lift and Shift to 2022.

I received a new invoice from Celebrity in about 24 hours, but the specific line items from the original booking invoice (3 perks) do not appear on the new invoice. 

To be specific, when this was originally booked, there was a 3-perk promo going on (chose OBC, Classic Drink Package, Gratuities). That appeared on the original invoice as:

Cruise Fare
BEVOBCGRT NRD
SAVEDOUBLE NRD
Gratuities
TAP4-GRAT C/A 7N
YWF2-PROMO2C 7N
YWF3-BEVCLINGRAT7

The new invoice DOES show the correct OBC in the little table at the bottom, and the total price is the same (or close enough - one port changed so the fees went up $5, but that's not really relevant). For those who have done the Lift and Shift, should the new invoice show the specific perks from the original booking? Do I need to call and sort this out? Is there any way to confirm the drink package and gratuities are truly applied to the booking without them appearing on the invoice?

Thanks for the advice!

As others said, for peace of mind you might want to call them to get it confirmed in writing. As they are lifting "old" promos that might not yet exist on the new itineraries, they are having to do a lot of manual work to get the perks on

There could be a section right down the bottom of your invoice called "Promotions Applied". Is anything written under that?

My L&S had "4PERKS" & "SAIL NOW SAV" under this section for the 1st invoice I got after doing the L&S, with no real other info in the financial part of it. Once I changed rooms, about 10 days later, I got the 2nd invoice and it had the same info under "Promotion Applied" with a full breakdown in the financial section ("Booking Charges")

And keep checking. My invoice after L&S was correct, as was the reservation online. About a month ago it had jumped up $200. I called and she said I had to call back in ten days. After ten days I logged in and it had jumped up $4000! I called again and got a fellow who seems to have fixed it. 

This constant double and triple checking really pees me off! 

56 minutes ago, LucasLounger1 said:

And keep checking. My invoice after L&S was correct, as was the reservation online. About a month ago it had jumped up $200. I called and she said I had to call back in ten days. After ten days I logged in and it had jumped up $4000! I called again and got a fellow who seems to have fixed it. 

This constant double and triple checking really pees me off! 

I had something similar happen to a Royal Caribbean sailing a few years ago. Booked online at one price, the emailed invoice was thousands higher than the website confirmation. Called and fixed it. Logged in months later to find it jumped by ~$2500 randomly... Called and fixed it again...

For my Lift and Shift, I called this morning as advised. It took the agent a while to generate the new invoice showing the perks, but eventually she was able to do so. All is well (for now).

Thanks for this information.  We have a Mardi Gras cruise scheduled for February 7, 2021.  We know this is not going to happen.  Even if the cruise takes place I can not see a scenario that New Orleans would let a cruise ship dock for 3 days and let thousands of passengers roam their streets.  . . . and I doubt Mardi Gras [as we know it] will take place next February.  There is no Mardi Gras cruise currently available for 2022.   We usually book with Royal Caribbean, so I am less familiar with the L & S procedure for Celebrity.  

We booked with a Sail Beyond promo that included all 4 perks w/ the premium drink package.  I was wondering if the price protection included the perks or just the basic cruise fare.  The cruise fare is more than the other Caribbean itineraries on this same ship in 2021 and 2022.  So L & S would not be of much value unless It protected the perks.  

Final payment is in late October--so we need to make a decision soon.  

1 hour ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

Final payment is in late October--so we need to make a decision soon.  

At the moment, unless the extend the policy, the 'Cruise with Confidence' options (including the Lift and Shift) must be done by the end of this month (September 30).

Yes L&S includes the perks as well as the cruise fare.   The Taxes/Fees will be adjusted to the amount of the new cruise but it's generally just a few dollars as typically the itineraries are very similar.   If you had booked additional items in Cruise Planner those will be automatically cancelled and you will have to repurchase on the new sailing.   I personally would cancel them myself before initiating L&S to avoid any confusion.