Sky Princess Trans Atlantic 2021

Woobstr112G

1 minute ago, Pepes Pal said:

Available right now. C415 is a nice cabin with an extended balcony. Grab it’

I like the rooms with the forward view so 415 won't cut it.

Going to hold A410 mini for now on the Scan segment. You can also get the TA rooms, but you have to look under TA for the search, not the Sky. Got C410 for that segment.

Will eventually book river cruise on the Rhine in between. the 8/18 and 9/11

Here’s an interesting read from the Wall Street Journal. Reading it makes it sound very gloomy for cruising this December & beyond, & perhaps next year to be available without masks & social distancing. I won’t feel comfortable until a safe vaccine is available & cruises not requiring masks & social distancing aboard. I’m afraid many will stay at home to wear a mask & social distance. 
Judy

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/royal-caribbean-norwegian-outline-to-cdc-how-they-plan-to-cruise-safely-11600682405

16 minutes ago, Pepes Pal said:

Here’s an interesting read from the Wall Street Journal. Reading it makes it sound very gloomy for cruising this December & beyond, & perhaps next year to be available without masks & social distancing. I won’t feel comfortable until a safe vaccine is available & cruises not requiring masks & social distancing aboard. I’m afraid many will stay at home to wear a mask & social distance. 
Judy

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/royal-caribbean-norwegian-outline-to-cdc-how-they-plan-to-cruise-safely-11600682405

Alas, the article is only available to subscribers.

Notwithstanding, we agree completely that we need to have a safe, and effective, vaccine before the final payment date arrives in June.  Even with a vaccine, we will have a long look at what is happening around the world and cancel if we do not have a high comfort factor.

We were originally planning to go on that September 2021 TA cruise from Copenhagen. When it was rescheduled as a British Isles only TA, we lost interest, also not crazy about docking in New York vs. FLL. So we will choose the Western Europe TA from Southampton to FLL leaving Oct. 23. We preferred the port selection and the stop in Bermuda that breaks up the TA part a bit.

I like the idea of Oct. but only 4 ports and each I've seen 2 or 3 times plus I haven't been to Belfast, Liverpool and NYC works for me, more so than Florida.  

I've been on the Regal a couple of times, haven't seen the Sky yet, looking forward to it.

• Like 2

On 9/17/2020 at 12:32 PM, TheRabbit said:

Hi Bob,

Here is a link to a PDF from princess that shows the new Sky sailing dates and cruises. The TA is in there.

LINK to PDF

If you go further down in the doc, you will find the individual cruise itineraries. We are looking at the 8/18 and 9/11 sailings with a river cruise in between.

Has anyone seen the pricing for these as yet??

Hello All,

We have a cabin on hold on the Sky sailing 9/11/21.  TA is waiting for Princess to get things untangled with our canceled Crown cruise and transfer our fantastic amenities over.  It will be good to see many of you that were booked on the Crown.

Bob, do you plan to start a new roll call for the 9/11 TA?

Cheers,

Franky

• Like 2

On 9/23/2020 at 12:57 AM, TheRabbit said:

The 8/18 8/30 and 9/11 cruises are priced on the princess site. May have to search in TA and/or under sky.

Booked on both and keeping fingers crossed that we will all be able to cruise safely once again for these!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, hokiefans said:

Booked on both and keeping fingers crossed that we will all be able to cruise safely once again for these!

The Sky Princess 4/10/2021 TA is now available for booking. Booked 14 day and 8 day as B2B vice 22 day. More cabins available.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, billco said:

The Sky Princess 4/10/2021 TA is now available for booking. Booked 14 day and 8 day as B2B vice 22 day. More cabins available.

Happen to see that yesterday evening. Thought we would have to wait until Sep 30th to re-book our cancelled TA to Copenhagen on the Sky. Was surprised to see how many cabins were available, as I thought all of the Crown passengers had been transferred to the Sky. Cruise leaves one day later than our original booking and I was able to book one of the new Window Suites. Have always wanted to enjoy the perks of full suites and the lack of a balcony is offset by the location and cabin size (700+ sq ft). The Sanctuary is immediately upstairs and the Retreat pool an upper deck just down the hall. Keeping fingers crossed that things will have improved in the next 6+ months and that ships will be sailing.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/22/2020 at 8:10 AM, NavCom said:

Alas, the article is only available to subscribers.

Notwithstanding, we agree completely that we need to have a safe, and effective, vaccine before the final payment date arrives in June.  Even with a vaccine, we will have a long look at what is happening around the world and cancel if we do not have a high comfort factor.

Email with the link just went out.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Enjoy your cruises!  I'm booked on the Enchanted Baltic + TA for Aug./Sept. 2022, which I was doing this year on the Sky.  I called my TA Dec. 1st, got the cabin I wanted for both, great pricing, called me today, pricing has changed drastically.  I'm also on the Enchanted for Med/TA Nov. 2021!  Enjoy!