Famous 3 Day Sale

Duffysmom

I have 6 cabins booked for  8 days on the Discovery Dec 13, 2021 with Princess Plus + specialty dining with a deposit of $520/ cabin CDN. I have a group rate for the 4 balconies, not for the 2 mini suites. I did not ask for the sale for this cruise as the now price is more + they would have to be rebooked.  I don’t think the Discovery will be ready for that cruise so I am prepared with another cruise.

My agent is with this sale.  I also booked 6 cabins on the 10 day Enchanted Dec 10, 2021.

Agent was able to get group rates for both balconies and mini suites.

+ Princess Plus

+ $200 OBC per 1 & 2 Person 

+ $75 OBC for 3 Person

Reduced deposit- $270 per cabin 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

But don't forget the coupon book....lol    No problem. My TA also is providing this fantastic table leveler.

The other thing to consider is that often there is a group rate with this TA that can get you better pricing - I have a booking that would come out to the exact same price I am currently booked at but with an additional $350 OBC. The snag is that I have to cancel and rebook (no refaring) and there is no availability in my current category...so I have to weigh up that if I cancel, would my cabin become automatically available to rebook. No guarantee on that.

Was the group rate you found the one shown online or did you have to contact the TA to know what that rate was?

3 minutes ago, caribill said:

Was the group rate you found the one shown online or did you have to contact the TA to know what that rate was?

I AM the TA, so I just looked up our group rate in Polar! I'm not sure if the group rate shows online or not - I've never actually looked...maybe I should!

• Like 3

On 9/26/2020 at 3:07 PM, drsel said:

nice to have you here.

are you a member of the bidding site?

I would be surprised to see a "YES" answer because those are US-based discount agencies.  I don't recall asking @ceilidh1 if they are a discount agent (as rare as hen's teeth in Canada - if even exist - or could be a Canadian citizen working for a US agency - like mine does).

On 9/26/2020 at 12:07 PM, drsel said:

nice to have you here.

are you a member of the bidding site?

Not sure what the bidding site is? I'm an independent contractor (in Canada) with the company that just had the 3 day sale...I think it's ok to say that here since I only ever take clients that I know or that are referred by someone I know, so not soliciting for business on cc!

10 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Not sure what the bidding site is?

It is a website where you post a cruise voyage you are interested in taking, including cabin category, and selected agencies who are members of the website will send you quotes or bids for that voyage and you can then proceed or not with one of them who are competing for your business.

Cruisers join for free.  TA's will be paying a fee.

Edited by Steelers36

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

It is a website where you post a cruise voyage you are interested in taking, including cabin category, and selected agencies who are members of the website will send you quotes or bids for that voyage and you can then proceed or not with one of them who are competing for your business.

Cruisers join for free.  TA's will be paying a fee.

Ahhh...got it! No, I'm not a member of that site. I believe it is mainly US agencies? For the group discounts my agency offers, they are group holds placed on mass to lock in the price. Depending on how well the cruise is selling, the group rate could be significantly better than the regular rate. Obviously, not always - sometimes the group rate is higher than or the same as the regular rate, in which case you wouldn't be saving money but would get any extra amenities/credit. We certainly don't get the discounted rates some US agents can give.

Ahhh...got it! No, I'm not a member of that site. I believe it is mainly US agencies? For the group discounts my agency offers, they are group holds placed on mass to lock in the price. Depending on how well the cruise is selling, the group rate could be significantly better than the regular rate. Obviously, not always - sometimes the group rate is higher than or the same as the regular rate, in which case you wouldn't be saving money but would get any extra amenities/credit. We certainly don't get the discounted rates some US agents can give.

Just wanted to know what is the discount given by Cruise lines to agents for bulk buying OBC (out of their commission) ?

Like $100,000 OBC ?

8 hours ago, drsel said:
13 hours ago, sfaaa said:
3 Day Sale is over. I scored a deal. So I am happy.

That is so nice, what was the deal you got?

$150 OBC, coupon books and $100 off Princess past guest discount for a 2022 Mexico cruise. I have FCC expiring on May 1, 2022., so it all worked out.

14 hours ago, sfaaa said:

3 Day Sale is over. I scored a deal. So I am happy.

I absolutely agree, so are we.

I started talking to our "personal" TA with this Agency weeks ago re the 3 Day Sale, and gave her the three trips and specific cabins we wanted. A full week before the sale, she put a hold on all 3 trips at the Princess rate at the time, grabbing our cabins. The morning of the 24th, she was able to cancel all three trips and convert over to the sale, keeping the 3 exact cabins we requested, the Princess price, so no price increase, and adding the Agency's four add-ons. For our three one week trips in Balcony cabins, we received $250 OBC, the TA OBC of $50, the lower refundable deposit and the coupon book (which adds about $US30-35 in value as it gives the free speciality restaurant meal; we'll ignore the free bottle of water ;o). Oddly, we also apparently received a free category upgrade from BF to BB, though I'm still confused as to whether this means anything, as we seemed to have requested a BB, and paid for a BB. In any case, this sale, as it has in recent years, worked out GREAT for us.

Now, if we can only sail....

9 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Oddly, we also apparently received a free category upgrade from BF to BB, though I'm still confused as to whether this means anything, as we seemed to have requested a BB, and paid for a BB. In any case, this sale, as it has in recent years, worked out GREAT for us.

Not odd at all, it's all part of the current Princess sale.....the only thing you gained by booking via this 3 day sale was the OBC and coupon book. Our agent gives a smaller OBC, but they also discount the fare. Add the two together, and it's damn near close to your $250. They're basically just giving you your own money back, but if you're happy, mazel tov!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CineGraphic said:

Not odd at all, it's all part of the current Princess sale.....the only thing you gained by booking via this 3 day sale was the OBC and coupon book. Our agent gives a smaller OBC, but they also discount the fare. Add the two together, and it's damn near close to your $250. They're basically just giving you your own money back, but if you're happy, mazel tov!

Thanks SO much for those kind words. Have a great day.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, lx200gps said:

Thanks SO much for those kind words. Have a great day.... 

14 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Never been one to bite my tongue. No harm intended. Sorry if it burst your bubble.

Enjoy your cruise.

@CineGraphic is correct.  You could have got the same cabin category upgrade from Princess or an independent TA that discounts the cruise fare.  But if you are happy dealing with your current agent, then fine.  Our TA gives a generous cruise fare discount 365 days of the year - no need to wait for a "sale".

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

@CineGraphic is correct.  You could have got the same cabin category upgrade from Princess or an independent TA that discounts the cruise fare.  But if you are happy dealing with your current agent, then fine.  Our TA gives a generous cruise fare discount 365 days of the year - no need to wait for a "sale".

I'm really not sure why you feel the need to point that out.

The category upgrade is a red herring and means nothing. What does mean something to us is the slightly under $US400 in credits we received by booking under the sale. On two of those trips, factoring in the CAD/USD conversion, that translates into credits worth almost 20% of the cruise price. I'm happy for you that you have a better TA than we do, but I'm perfectly happy with the one that we have.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1