14 Day Back To Back Next July

INeedAMaiTai

1 hour ago, memoak said:

If we cannot do the b2b then we would cancel both. We don’t really like short cruises and these itineraries let us go to Glacier Bay and Hubbard Glacier 

Totally agree with you about short cruises but we might have to give in and do one to get to cruise this summer. 

On 11/20/2020 at 5:18 PM, memoak said:

Did you book it as a 14 day cruise or 2 7 day cruises. ?  It looks like the 7 day cruises are still available to book

It was two 7 day cruises.  Princess is now going through all the back to backs people have booked to cancel.  You can book them, but then in a week or so, you'll get a message that your trip has been canceled.

1 hour ago, INeedAMaiTai said:

It was two 7 day cruises.  Princess is now going through all the back to backs people have booked to cancel.  You can book them, but then in a week or so, you'll get a message that your trip has been canceled.

Mine was booked over a year ago. I will wait and see so far my PVP is still saying to stay put

No B2B regardless of cruise line. Even if you book two 7 day on different ships or company. You'll still have to go thru quarantine between ships. If you get a negative test after disembarkation you quarantine for 7 days . If you don't get a test , you'll have quarantine for 14 days. This is the current rule from the CDC.

11 hours ago, Kamloops50 said:

No B2B regardless of cruise line. Even if you book two 7 day on different ships or company. You'll still have to go thru quarantine between ships. If you get a negative test after disembarkation you quarantine for 7 days . If you don't get a test , you'll have quarantine for 14 days. This is the current rule from the CDC.

Rule or suggestion?

If a rule, then there will be no cruises as it would mean you could not get on an airplane or even in a taxi after a cruise until the quarantine period is over.

Nobody will book a 7 day (or longer) cruise if they have to quarantine for at least 7 days after the cruise is over.

I tried to book B2B Caribbean cruises, 7 days each, the website wouldn't let me. So i called Joni at Princess and the system wouldn't let her book them either. Something about there has to be a three day break between cruises. 

6 hours ago, caribill said:

Rule or suggestion?

If a rule, then there will be no cruises as it would mean you could not get on an airplane or even in a taxi after a cruise until the quarantine period is over.

Nobody will book a 7 day (or longer) cruise if they have to quarantine for at least 7 days after the cruise is over.

Currently it’s the rules set by the CDC.

3 hours ago, Kamloops50 said:

Currently it’s the rules set by the CDC.

Yes and are subject to change. If most of us get vaccinated then there’s a good chance the November date could be changed to an earlier date. I think they set that date as a precaution    

22 hours ago, Kamloops50 said:

11 hours ago, caribill said:

Rule or suggestion?

I can't seem to find in the Framework where it says disembarking PAX must quarantine.  The closest I have been able to find is where they require that PAX must be tested and be provided with test results prior to final disembarkation and travel to final destination.

Have I missed something?  Thanks.

9 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I can't seem to find in the Framework where it says disembarking PAX must quarantine.  The closest I have been able to find is where they require that PAX must be tested and be provided with test results prior to final disembarkation and travel to final destination.

Have I missed something?  Thanks.

Doesn't actually say "quarantine." Says "stay at home."

Passengers who decide to travel should take the following steps to protect others after their return from a cruise ship or river cruise voyage:

• Get tested 3-5 days after travel AND stay home for 7 days after travel.
    • Even if you test negative, stay home for the full 7 days.
    • If your test is positive, isolate yourself to protect others from getting infected.
  • If you don’t get tested, it’s safest to stay home for 14 days after travel.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/returning-cruise-voyages.html

5 minutes ago, caribill said:

Doesn't actually say "quarantine." Says "stay at home."

Passengers who decide to travel should take the following steps to protect others after their return from a cruise ship or river cruise voyage:

• Get tested 3-5 days after travel AND stay home for 7 days after travel.
    • Even if you test negative, stay home for the full 7 days.
    • If your test is positive, isolate yourself to protect others from getting infected.
  • If you don’t get tested, it’s safest to stay home for 14 days after travel.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/returning-cruise-voyages.html

Thanks for the reference.  It's certainly not a part of the Framework and it merely looks like advice for what to do after you get home from a cruise.  These suggestions are dated and likely to change after CDC permits cruising from U.S. ports again.  I have a 7 day cruise booked for mid July of next year and I believe it's going to sail by then.

On 11/16/2020 at 1:52 PM, voljeep said:

a separate 72 hour negative test , per cruise , would eliminate the B2B option completely - agreed

That's a good point, but I'd lean towards a test closer to embarkation because if you test 72 hours prior that gives me 72 hours to catch the virus as I travel from point A to point B.

On 11/26/2020 at 2:33 PM, Daniel A said:

Thanks for the reference.  It's certainly not a part of the Framework and it merely looks like advice for what to do after you get home from a cruise.  These suggestions are dated and likely to change after CDC permits cruising from U.S. ports again.  I have a 7 day cruise booked for mid July of next year and I believe it's going to sail by then.

I agree that this looks to be a suggestion but doesn't hold any water as far as a requirement.

• Like 1