2921 sailings

cb2367

I booked a sailing for March 2021 before covid became an issue. Since NCL is canceling through December and maybe might start trial cruises in January (according to the posts here). Considering rebooking for mid April 2022. Hoping by then that ports of call outside the U.S. will be open. 

I'm genuinely curious though, about the potential covid screenings that are supposedly being implemented for restarting cruises. Is this something that might be a permanent new requirement? Will distancing and mask wearing still be a thing in 2022?

I was thinking that a cruise at half capacity might be good, but then I think what makes cruising fun is just the typical capacity that NCL would sail with prior to the pandemic. 

• Like 1

2921, yeah, I knew someone was watching star trek with me!! 

2021, that's a different story. I have a cruise booked in April 2021 and doubt that it will be a "go".  I've booked a couple in 2022 which I'm very hopeful will be a "go". I'm doubtful that this virus will still be a thing by early 2022.  With the advent of several Biotechnology companies being at or at least close to being at 90% effective, I'm confident that vaccines will be available in late spring / early summer 2021. If the vaccines are available early spring 2021, it's likely that all who want/require a vaccine will have had 1/2 shots done by late 2021. 

I have an early spring 2021 cruise booked but will likely cancel it and move my FCC (a substancial amt) to a late 2021 fall cruise.  

This is all speculation, it's really all any of can offer right now.  My Crystal ball just isn't giving me even a glimmer of what's to come. 

Best of luck,

Cheers 

😉

This should also be resolved by 2921...

jk. No one knows yet but since they announced a vaccine that may be 90% effective; that could completely change the game. If the vaccines are that effective, and especially if they become required to cruise, I would expect a 2022 cruise to be relatively normal.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

I have an early spring 2021 cruise booked but will likely cancel it and move my FCC (a substancial amt) to a late 2021 fall cruise.  

Call me Captain Optimist (look, another Captain or Capitan), but I'm hoping they roll out this >90% effective vaccine in the 1st couple of months (Jan, Feb) of 2021. If this happens, your early spring 2021 might even be a green light. When is final payment date for this cruise? You may want to wait until right before final payment date and see where we're all at with this upcoming vaccine(s).

Never Be an Optimist - Very Demotivational - Demotivational Posters | Very  Demotivational | Funny Pictures | Funny Posters | Funny Meme

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, farmersfight said:

2921 sailings

By cb2367,

Man, I'll be 960 years old by 2921; that'd be great if I was still cruising. If you can be 960 years old and still vote in this last presidential election, I guess you can still cruise.

Market them as Methuselah Cruises.

• Haha 2

I was really hoping by June or July we would be crusing. I am not getting on a ship until 2022 at the earliest, but I'm losing hope on cruising in 2021.

The will be enough vaccines to protect hospital workers by the end of this summer, not for vacationers.

At this rate, we'll be in a National Lockdown by January.

I hope you have good luck with your April 2022 cruise.  We have one booked for Feb. 2022 and I'm having my doubts.

We had to cancel 2, 14-day B2B cruises on Princess and wondered what to do next.  My wife wanted to go back to Hawaii on land and after talking it over decided to do the 7-day Pride of America preceding the land based stay.

However, Hawaii now says they won't open up to cruise ships until late fall 2021 and the CDC says they can change their published rules on their whim.  The CDC has made it clear that they do not want cruise ships to sail and have now laid out some onerous rules to delay that as much as possible.  They will also now have the backing of Biden, whereas Trump reigned them in.

My wife and I were talking a couple of days ago and she said that we might have sailed our last cruise (Feb 2020, just before the lockdown).  It would be a shame if it came to that.

A vaccine won't be generally available until late spring.  Supply chain and distribution and storage will be extra challenges making it available.  It requires two doses... a month or more apart (can't remember exactly).   Need time for everyone to get it....  I think safety in crowds is something we declare about a year from now...

9 hours ago, MRVEGAS711 said:

I was really hoping by June or July we would be crusing. I am not getting on a ship until 2022 at the earliest, but I'm losing hope on cruising in 2021.

The will be enough vaccines to protect hospital workers by the end of this summer, not for vacationers.

At this rate, we'll be in a National Lockdown by January.

With the exponential growth, I am not looking until 2022 or 2023 myself. Besides cruises, concerts, baseball games and movies are things I don't see myself doing in 2021

• Like 1