Question on Oceania Club credits

KirkNC

I know Oceania gives you credit for a sailing on the day you board.  My question relates to how they handle B2B sailings.  Do they give you credit for your entire sailing on day 1 or do you get credit as each booking starts.  Hopefully that makes sense.

Thank you.

55 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Apparently there is no longer such a thing as B2B. They are now Grand or Extended voyages with a single booking #. Hence you should get your credit on day 1.

It's really easy: whatever number of days is advertised for the cruise you book determines how many credits per the chart.

IMG_3635.PNG

13 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Apparently there is no longer such a thing as B2B. They are now Grand or Extended voyages with a single booking #. Hence you should get your credit on day 1.

Well there is also the combination cruise, so that question would apply to those. I don't know the answer, as it's a long way to 40, and that's the next time I change, if I get there. 

Mine is four separate bookings, four booking numbers, a B2B2B2B.  There is no grand or other named cruise for this sailing.  So, day 1 I am starting a 36 day cruise that is a part of an overall 90 day voyage.  On that day 1 do I get 3 credits or 7? 

On 11/19/2020 at 11:10 AM, ORV said:

Well there is also the combination cruise, so that question would apply to those. I don't know the answer, as it's a long way to 40, and that's the next time I change, if I get there. 

Yes, Platinum and Diamond are the big ones too fill. 

33 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

Mine is four separate bookings, four booking numbers, a B2B2B2B.  There is no grand or other named cruise for this sailing.  So, day 1 I am starting a 36 day cruise that is a part of an overall 90 day voyage.  On that day 1 do I get 3 credits or 7? 

Your TA should be able to answer this for you. Also look at your invoice, it should list what your perks are for the cruise. What level of OBC are you getting for each cruise?  It might say you're Bronze or Silver, or whichever one you are, but the perks should be for the level that O considers that you are for the cruise.  Things like that are a bit tricky. We might need more info. 

1 hour ago, KirkNC said:

My guess is 3 only for first segment as they are all under different booking #s.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KirkNC said:

I have Some difficulty believing that you have 4 separate booking numbers for four adjacent Oceania cruises. So, I have to ask: How many segments are in each cruise (e.g., 36 days is usually a multi-segment cruise, a.k.a. "Extended Journey") AND do any of the cruise ID #s (NOT your booking number - Rather, the number on the upper right side of the invoice above the name of the cruise) have an "a" at the end on it?

That "a" at the end of a cruise's ID # will mean it's an "extended journey." So, if you've got two bookings with an "a," that would explain why there's 4 separate booking numbers (i.e., they can't be combined). And with 90 total days, I'm betting you've got 2 "extended journeys" in the mix and your 90 days is probably 6 segments.

If this is not the case (I.e., you have no cruise IDs with an "a" at the end), your TA has most likely made a mistake which will get corrected by Oceania. 

In any case, if you have separate booking #s, you will earn the associated cruise credits for each cruise (see the chart I posted here a couple of days ago or the O website) at the beginning of each cruise. For a single booking number "extended journey" or "combination cruise," you get all the segments' cruise credits on day #1 of the first segment.

Geez, you guys are a tough group.  I can assure you I have 4 booking numbers.  Here are the Dates and voyage numbers

May 5th. 36 day. NAU220505A
June 10th 27 day NAU220610A

July 7th  10 day. NAU220707
July 17th  17 days. NAU220717A

So there they are.  I believe your answer to my original questions is at the beginning of each of the above, my cruise credits will be adjusted and any perks applied.  I ask this because of free gratuities, a bit of a difference to the wallet based on when they start.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KirkNC said:

I think in the past with separate booking numbers  we got the credits  applicable for each segment  on each boarding day/turnaround day

but it was a couple of years ago so things maybe have changed

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

Geez, you guys are a tough group.  I can assure you I have 4 booking numbers.  Here are the Dates and voyage numbers

So there they are.  I believe your answer to my original questions is at the beginning of each of the above, my cruise credits will be adjusted and any perks applied.  I ask this because of free gratuities, a bit of a difference to the wallet based on when they start.

Thanks for clarifying with more info. As we can see by your numbers, there are "A"s after three of the ID #s, which means they are the "extended journeys" I thought they'd be.

And, they cannot be joined into a "combination" cruise. 

Thus, you have four bookings and at the beginning of each itinerary in each booking, you will get the credits, O Club loyalty SBC et al. associated with that specific itinerary including that cruise's credits (3, 2, 1, 1 spread out over the 90 days). If you are Platinum O Club, you'll get $500 SBC per cabin for each booking number and two $150 spa credits for each booking number. But you should receive each of those awards at the beginning of each itinerary. 

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

If you are Platinum O Club, you'll get $500 SBC per cabin for each booking number

I believe that it is now “only” $400.

Your account will remain open throughout the entire cruise and you will have to settle it only once - at the end of the last segment.

1 hour ago, Paulchili said:

Your account will remain open throughout the entire cruise and you will have to settle it only once - at the end of the last segment.

This past week, booked two adjacent "extended journey" cruises (October to December 2022). Each has $500 Platinum SBC and two $150 spa credits. Each of our other 2022 cruises (previously booked) also have $500 SBC and the spa credits.

10 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Don't make me look it up but I believe that Platinum used to be $600, and when they did the change it went to $500. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, KirkNC said:

I think if you tell us how many credits you have going into this we could figure it out. Let's say you have 7, if that's the case on the first cruise(and those afterwards) you'll get the Club grats. If you only have 2 now you won't be getting any Club grats on any of this. 

Without knowing where you're at now it's hard to say. 

1 hour ago, ORV said:

Don't make me look it up but I believe that Platinum used to be $600, and when they did the change it went to $500. 

I know it went down by $100 - thought it went from $500 to $400 but it looks like my memory is failing me once again. 😀

It’s been a while since our last cruise - time to cruise again.

1 hour ago, KirkNC said:

Then why participate in CC?

Kirk;

Many come here with questions wherein the answers are purely subjective and speculative. There often is no one answer. Others come with highly definitive questions where there is an absolute answer. The issue posted here is a perfect example of the latter. So, imo, this is a better question presented to one’s TA so to get an accurate answer from Oceania as opposed to 5-6 mere guesses from various posters.

People can always do as they please, and accept whichever of the 6 answers that pleases them the most. Just not my recommendation to the problem.

2 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Kirk;

Many come here with questions wherein the answers are purely subjective and speculative. There often is no one answer. Others come with highly definitive questions where there is an absolute answer. The issue posted here is a perfect example of the latter. So, imo, this is a better question presented to one’s TA so to get an accurate answer from Oceania as opposed to 5-6 mere guesses from various posters.

People can always do as they please, and accept whichever of the 6 answers that pleases them the most. Just not my recommendation to the problem.

In my experience, the same question posed to different personnel within a cruise line often results in different and or incorrect answers.  My hope in posting the question was that someone had an actual experience that would provide an answer.  That’s the whole purpose of CC, to share experiences and knowledge gained from them.  If your only answer to the question is call your TA, why post that answer at all.

• Like 2

My recommendation is to never call the reps sitting at the help desk at cruise lines in general, and Oceania in particular. I agree that varied, and often incorrect, answers are often received there. OTH, the TAs utilizes a completely different network of Oceania representatives, than the general public, that I have found to generally be highly reliable.

I do fully realize that some people don’t use the services of a professional travel agent or just consider them as sources of freebies and insist upon doing everything themselves.

When I see multiple inconsistent answers to a specific detailed question, I typically refer them to an expert. All of us can sit around and blindly, from past personal experience, speculate on the cause of the pain in my lower back. I can get multiple answers from most any social media board. I don’t believe that “ maybe you should see a doctor “ is an invalid response. Likewise, with recommendating to call your TA. 

3 hours ago, pinotlover said:

My recommendation is to never call the reps sitting at the help desk at cruise lines in general, and Oceania in particular.

I'm not familiar with a "help desk" at Oceania. I work with a particular personal cruise consultant who's been there five years and tends to work with repeat customers. What/where is their help desk?