When will Majestic Princess become Medallion Class?

Cruising Forever!

I read a pre-Covid release that Majestic Princess, which has "Medallion Wifi", was to have been upgraded to Medallion Class in March 2020... but it seems as if its upgrade was put on hold as the cruise "pause" hit then.  So, I was wondering if Princess has revised outfitting schedules for Majesty to be fitted with Medallion Class upgrades?  We loved Medallion Class stuff when we cruised on Royal Princess back in 2019.  We had booked on Sky last April (cancelled) and Enchanted for March 2021 (cancelled) and both were built with Medallion Class from the ground up.  I have booked Majesty, but I just realized she isn't Medallion class.  She's new... but not new enough to have had Medallion Class installed from the get go.  Anyway, I'd appreciate it if anyone has heard a possible new date for the upgrade.

Thanks!

The Princess web site does not mention medallion class for the Majestic for sailings up to April 2022. You should assume a booking on the Majestic will not be medallion class. Expect that all these upgrades are on hold for some time. Lack of medallion class will not really effect your on board enjoyment. The ship does have the fast medallion net wi-fi, but if you are thinking about Alaska the faster wi-fi does not work well in the northern latitudes.   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, skynight said:

The Princess web site does not mention medallion class for the Majestic for sailings up to April 2022. You should assume a booking on the Majestic will not be medallion class. Expect that all these upgrades are on hold for some time. Lack of medallion class will not really effect your on board enjoyment. The ship does have the fast medallion net wi-fi, but if you are thinking about Alaska the faster wi-fi does not work well in the northern latitudes.   

You are correct, I don't see it on the website now but a brochure I received Monday states Majestic is Medallion.  Either way, we really don't care, we are just ready to cruise. 😉

I will still take the cruise to Alaska even though the Majestic won't be Medallion Class... going to miss finding where my fellow travelers are and arranging drinks to find me and hands free doors opening ... Medallion Class does all that and more! ... but I've only had it on my one and only Princess sailing aboard Royal in 2019.

We were supposed to do last April's Sky Trans-Atlantic.  Then when that got pulled for the pandemic, we booked Enchanted for the Caribbean in March of '21.  Then that got pulled.  Both have Medallion Class built in from the ground up.  Majestic just missed the mark.  Too bad.

Oh well, the glaciers will keep me entertained!  (Assuming Canada allows cruise ship stops... if not, the Alaska cruises won't be possible from the US... stupid law.)

7 hours ago, Cruising Forever! said:

All of the sudden, Majestic sailings for May are coming up "Medallion Class" where they were only listed as "Medallion Wifi" (meaning it wasn't upgraded yet) a few days ago!  Hopefully this means she's being upgraded soon!  I hope this isn't some webpage glitch!  

Very happy to see this!

Or she could have been upgraded during the stand down.

There has just been a press release about this...Princess Cruises has announced that upon approval to return to service in 2021 its global fleet will feature the MedallionClass Experience, offering a number of new features that leverage touchless technologies and significantly enhance and personalise the guest experience, as well as support new health protocols.

The line of smart ships is expanding as ship transformations has continued during the pause.  Coral Princess, Diamond Princess, Emerald Princess, Grand Princess, Island Princess, Majestic Princess, and Sapphire Princess will return as MedallionClass ships along with the new Enchanted Princess.....

Edited by dides
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, dides said:

There has just been a press release about this...Princess Cruises has announced that upon approval to return to service in 2021 its global fleet will feature the MedallionClass Experience, offering a number of new features that leverage touchless technologies and significantly enhance and personalise the guest experience, as well as support new health protocols.

The line of smart ships is expanding as ship transformations has continued during the pause.  Coral Princess, Diamond Princess, Emerald Princess, Grand Princess, Island Princess, Majestic Princess, and Sapphire Princess will return as MedallionClass ships along with the new Enchanted Princess.....

You beat me to it!  🙂

I just got the email from Princess!  HOORAY!  This is GREAT news!  We love Medallion Class... and it's made for hands free cruising!