NCL Ship in North Charleston?

TrinaLC

Yeah but this is a really busy container port. And never had any cruise ship there. No NCL affiliation. Carnival docks the sunshine at the cruise terminal but that is in Charleston and of course not since the pandemic. 

This is highly unusual. 

On 12/10/2020 at 6:57 PM, jaja said:

I was to be on her now...in the Caribbean.....😞😢

Jan ...

Hey, Susan woke me the other night about her dream, that we're on a cruise ... and

Anyway, we finally closed & renovated the co-op and moved in about 3 weeks ago, settling in for a long winter ahead - on dry land.  We're on the Gem almost exactly a year ago

• Like 1

On 12/10/2020 at 6:57 PM, jaja said:

I was to be on her now...in the Caribbean.....😞😢

Me too 🙁 Originally on the 11/30, then the 11/20. It's been a depressing couple months. I can't wait to see what she looks like after Dry Dock. 🤞2021

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/10/2020 at 9:24 PM, TrinaLC said:

Yeah but this is a really busy container port. And never had any cruise ship there. No NCL affiliation. Carnival docks the sunshine at the cruise terminal but that is in Charleston and of course not since the pandemic. 

This is highly unusual. 

There have been cruise ships at Detyens before.  I used to work on the shipyard, and remember going to work one morning (about 17 years ago) seeing a cruise ship in drydock and it was so darn big, that I almost never saw it, kind of a "forest for the trees" incident.

I saw the Gem on a day when I was supposed to be aboard Harmony of the Seas in Mexico, so it just crushed my heart a little more.