Cruises Restarting in Europe & Asia - interesting 🤔

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Thanks for the laugh, which is the only way to handle the disruption the virus is causing to our lives.  

Would like to be more like my daughters who just emailed me to say they may be able to stay another fortnight in NSW, because the numbers are low.  

Like you, I don't want to book anything outside my State. 

I think our Premier is not keen on Cruises for the moment and wants the ban extended beyond March. There was a story in todays West Australian Newspaper stating that he mentioned it on Saturday.

8 hours ago, GCHAN said:

I think our Premier is not keen on Cruises for the moment and wants the ban extended beyond March. There was a story in todays West Australian Newspaper stating that he mentioned it on Saturday.

Beyond March 2022 you mean.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, By The Bay said:

It is going to need a lot of good luck. The Bay is packed with visitors.😷🤞

Likewise down this 'Bay.'  All Mics mates from NATCAP, lol. Spending $$$$$$.

Edited by NSWP

5 hours ago, By The Bay said:

It is going to need a lot of good luck. The Bay is packed with visitors.😷🤞

If I lived there I'd be staying home.

On Saturday I went to Swansea to check on one of my geocaches near the little bridge to Coon island. There was a looooong queue of caravans waiting to get into the caravan park. I had to drive up the road on the wrong side to get around them. The access road to the caravan park is also access road to the boat ramp and two seperate picnic areas.

Edited by lyndarra

1 minute ago, lyndarra said:

If I lived there I'd be staying home.

And get Woollies Home Delivery and get your Dan Murphys delivered too, although my grog arrives with my Woollies home delivery BWS at Woollies.

39 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

According to Google Maps it's in the railway station building, so it would have huge foot traffic past it.

Thanks for extra information.  I meant Berala, as I hadn't heard of that suburb of Sydney. 

26 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Cricket fans from Rookwood are banned from the SCG test as well. Not that many would be able to make it. Think about it, lol. Sydneysiders would understand.

Remarkably there are people that live in Rookwood, just not below ground level.

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

Multiculteral. Not many cricket fans to ban from SCG. More  like young Mic.

I am in that area a few times a week and there is is a particular park I drive past and every weekend there is a local cricket game with lots of people watching. Cricket is lot more popular overseas than people realise😉

My most memorable event during a tour of India in 2017 was having a game of street cricket with kids in, IIRC, Jaipur. It was a narrow little street our tour group was walking past and there were about 5 or 6 kids playing with toy bat and plastic ball. They looked too poor to afford real equipment. I had my white umpire hat on which the kids recognised and invited me to join them. I did. We had a great time while other kids and a few mothers watched from windows. I spent about half an hour playing, acting as a bowler and umpire and signalling a six for almost every ball the kids hit, before we had to move on. What fun we had.

One strange thing was that none of the rest of the group, all Aussies, joined in. Anyway, myself and the kids had a great time which I will always remember.

Wherever we went, if there was a bare patch of ground, there were kids playing cricket.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

My most memorable event during a tour of India in 2017 was having a game of street cricket with kids in, IIRC, Jaipur. It was a narrow little street our tour group was walking past and there were about 5 or 6 kids playing with toy bat and plastic ball. They looked too poor to afford real equipment. I had my white umpire hat on which the kids recognised and invited me to join them. I did. We had a great time while other kids and a few mothers watched from windows. I spent about half an hour playing, acting as a bowler and umpire and signalling a six for almost every ball the kids hit, before we had to move on. What fun we had.

One strange thing was that none of the rest of the group, all Aussies, joined in. Anyway, myself and the kids had a great time which I will always remember.

Wherever we went, if there was a bare patch of ground, there were kids playing cricket.

Special Memories are made on experiences such as yours.  I'll always remember watching a group of Thai boys playing volleyball on a patch of dirt, where they kicked the ball over the net.  They were all so skilful.  We also watched the Commonwealth Games on TV, with coverage mainly of sports Thai people played, hoping to catch some glimpses of Aussie successes.  

14 hours ago, NSWP said:

Cricket fans from Rookwood are banned from the SCG test as well. Not that many would be able to make it. Think about it, lol. Sydneysiders would understand.

Very funny. To put your comment into perspective for out of towners, here is an aerial shot of part of Rookwood.😄

Aerial Stock Image - Rookwood Cemetery

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Special Memories are made on experiences such as yours.  I'll always remember watching a group of Thai boys playing volleyball on a patch of dirt, where they kicked the ball over the net.  They were all so skilful.  We also watched the Commonwealth Games on TV, with coverage mainly of sports Thai people played, hoping to catch some glimpses of Aussie successes.  

The game you are describing is know as Sepak takraw (“kick ball”). It is a uniquely Southeast Asian game (now played in other regions) that is similar to volleyball but is played with a woven rattan ball and without using the hands. The sport is internationally competitive, and Malaysia has fronted winning teams.

image.jpeg.e111ec9ea5d66dd1fb81a09f7e45a403.jpegimage.jpeg.5e49d7d8fbe544ca92a8840403d19fd3.jpeg

1 hour ago, By The Bay said:

The game you are describing is know as Sepak takraw (“kick ball”). It is a uniquely Southeast Asian game (now played in other regions) that is similar to volleyball but is played with a woven rattan ball and without using the hands. The sport is internationally competitive, and Malaysia has fronted winning teams.

image.jpeg.e111ec9ea5d66dd1fb81a09f7e45a403.jpegimage.jpeg.5e49d7d8fbe544ca92a8840403d19fd3.jpeg

Thank you. I wondered if this was a recognised competitive game.  It would be good if it could be included in the Commonwealth Games.  It was very exciting to watch a bunch of local kids.

Just an update - Channel 7 Local News was just talking about cruises returning to Airlie Beach (Whitsundays) by June this year.
Yaaay - looks like it finally is being discussed at Govt level 🤞🙏 

Edited by Porky55

On 1/5/2021 at 4:17 AM, NSWP said:

Beyond March 2022 you mean.

No it was definitely March 2021. He wants the cruise ban extended from that date. It was in Monday's West Australian newspaper.

33 minutes ago, GCHAN said:

No it was definitely March 2021. He wants the cruise ban extended from that date. It was in Monday's West Australian newspaper.

I meant it might be March 2022 before any cruise ship operates from an  Australian Port.