The Daily for Monday Jan 4, 2021

richwmn

1 hour ago, zigdilcru said:

The travelogue and pictures of Antarctica make me so envious of your adventure,I love penguins and would love to go there but it looks way too cold for me  It is 52 degrees here today, we did have some sun for about an hour or so but now cloudy and I feel it in my bones. thanks to all for this bright spot, please take care and stay safe.      Linda

Oh, it isn't that cold.   We even enjoyed a spell in the hot tub on the aft deck on our second day in Antarctica.

Antarctica Day 2 Part 1 162.JPG

• Like 13

@richwmn and @rafinmdthanks for your daily reports, and thanks for the photos and humour.

@Copper10-8 it was a  privilege  to visit with you on board the Amsterdam,  being given the "behind the scenes" tour, meeting  Dolly ( hope she is doing well) and meeting the Captain. Appreciate all your posts and ship board information.

Another wet day here.

Stay safe and well everyone.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

So this morning we are pretty sad. My sweet husband has been battling his allergic reaction to Sophie for 4 weeks. Poor guy is wheezing and sneezing. Allergy meds, eye drops, hepa filters and essential oils are not helping at all. We may have to find a new home for her and we are heart broken. Please say a prayer that Sophie gets a new forever home. 

So very sorry to read of his allergy, hope you will soon be able to find a loving new home for Sophie.

• Like 6

Good evening everyone!  Once again I'm late to this party and it's on page 5!  Oh my Rich, we are a hit!  Thank you for the Daily and say hello to Callie and Leo.  Our internet and cable was down for a better part of the day so just now able to check in.  And, I wasn't on yesterday, the day flew by and it's harder when DH has a day off work for me to join the party.

So I just wanted to pop in to say hi before the day was totally gone.  Now I'm going back to read everyone's posts.  Have a great evening everyone!

• Like 9

8 hours ago, lindaler said:

Good morning.  I have not heard a word about shots where I am.  I hope that they get down to where pharmacies can start giving them out as I don't have a local doctor.

Thanks Rich for the daily and to all who post. 

If you have a Safeway or Albertsons in your area you can sign up for notifications via email as to when the vaccine will be available and sign up for your vaccine.  I have the app and saw the notice on the app and it was a really quick process to sign up for the notifications.

BTW, I think you are in Pahrump right now, correct?  (Or near there.)

• Like 5

Thanks for the daily.

The follow up post of trips to the Southern Hemisphere are simply awesome!  

That wine seems a bit heavy for me.

Each daily brings us another day in the direction of post-COVID.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, erewhon said:

@richwmn and @rafinmdthanks for your daily reports, and thanks for the photos and humour.

@Copper10-8 it was a  privilege  to visit with you on board the Amsterdam,  being given the "behind the scenes" tour, meeting  Dolly ( hope she is doing well) and meeting the Captain. Appreciate all your posts and ship board information.

Another wet day here.

Stay safe and well everyone.

Kia Ora and Tau Hou hari Phil! It was my privilege! Enjoyed visiting your beautiful country very much! Stay safe and say hi to the Mrs. 

• Like 2

On 1/4/2021 at 6:32 AM, summer slope said:

Good morning Rich, Roy, and fellow dailyites.  Not a music lover here, love Trivia on the ships, and think Braille is a wonderful "invention" to help those that need it get around.  The quote was typical Dean Martin.  Will pass on the meal. Prayers and shout-outs as needed.

Please stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.  Will attempt to register for the vaccine at 8 am this morning when the link goes live.

Caramel Irish Coffee:

Ingredients
1 ounce Irish whiskey (Jameson)
1 ounce Irish cream (Baileys)
1 ounce butterscotch schnapps
2 1/2 ounces coffee (or more to fill, freshly brewed)
Garnish:  whipped cream
Garnish: caramel syrup

Steps to Make It
Gather the ingredients. Warm a mug or Irish coffee glass by filling it with hot water. Allow this to sit for a few minutes, then dump out the water. Pour all of the liquors into the warm mug, fill with coffee, and stir. Top with whipped cream and a drizzle caramel syrup. Serve and enjoy!

Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 7.26.24 AM.png

I will take the coffee mixed with Irish Whiskey. Thank You!

• Like 2