Carnival cancels March

ALWAYS CRUZIN

19 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Got my first vaccination shot last monday

awesome news @firefly333 Announcement from our Prime Minister yesterday stated that everyone should be vaccinated in Canada by end of Sept so im crossing my fingers, eyes, toes and legs 😁

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, skridge said:

If you think cruising while over 4,000 people a day are dying of a virus is a good idea then yes they know what is better for you than you do.

Sorry but Flawed thinking in my opinion.  For instance someone might point out that 3700 people a day are dying of car accidents in the USA but people still think its a good idea to drive to visit Aunt Mary.  What my issue is that using data from what happened at the beginning of this Pandemic when virtually nothing was known about transmission rates, how to mitigate spread or sanitization protocols to justify your stance on safe cruising now shows to me at least that the CDC isnt acting as an agency that wants progression.  They have been using the Norovirus for years as a warning against cruising too.  The reality is we know how it spreads now, we know how to mitigate it, we know precautions and testing protocols now, and the Cruise lines have plans developed just like other Industries and Businesses to adapt to the change in delivery methods affecting everyone.  If the CDC really were "updating" their recommendations as the situation evolves then we would be Cruising again.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

Very true but none of the Cruise lines are suggesting this are they now.  Successful Cruise startups in Europe and Asia have all been well below even half capacity.

In Europe and Asia where the numbers are much better than the U.S.  and the people getting on the ships are probably more compliant to the regulations hence the numbers being better in said areas.

• Like 1

I think the biggest problem with cruising is if someone gets sick then  the whole ship will have to quarantine and that causes a ton of issues. Look what happened earlier when a ship that had a COVID outbreak had to float around aimlessly until it could be figured out. I am sure cruise ships do not want to deal with issues like that.

If you are on a land vacation to a theme park or all inclusive if an outbreak happens it is easier to deal with as you are not out on open waters. 

Edited by Salem615
  • Like 1

When my Feb 28th cruise cancelled on December 3rd it was the fourth time.  So, I finally gave up trying to guess about re-booking and requested a refund.  Cancelled on Dec. 4th and my refund was in my bank account on December 8th!   I was shocked because I truly expected it to take 60-90 days.   I wonder if my great PVP was the reason.  I want to cruise again as they have been the most-relaxing vacations I have ever taken, but will wait until I can book as close to a "sure-cruise" as possible.  I am tried of count downs of "250 days to your next cruise", so I am not looking to schedule one in 2022 and especially not 2023.    Well, at least not yet!   Take care everyone.  

• Like 1

FYI Carnival's Travel advisory page has changed today to a short blurb about CDC advise instead of the CDC Travel advisory they had up.  Much shorter and some good points on what will happen to cruise if there is a threshold reached.  Could be giving a glimpse at some of the ground rules upon start up?

NOTICE TO GUESTS REGARDING ADVICE FROM US CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION (CDC)

The CDC regularly issues travel advice concerning risks associated with COVID-19 and cautions that any travel poses a higher risk of contracting COVID-19, including travel by air, bus or train, automobiles, and cruises. The CDC currently advises that travel to more than 150 countries presents a very high risk in addition to cruises. This is especially important for people with an increased risk of severe illness, such as older adults and those with certain underlying medical conditions. The CDC’s travel advisories, warnings and recommendations should be reviewed by guests at the CDC's website Indicates external site which may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Opens in a new window.. If a threshold of COVID-19 is detected on board the ship, the voyage will be ended, the ship will return to the port of embarkation, and your subsequent travel home may be restricted or delayed.

• Thanks 1

After several cancelled cruises I finally booked out as far as November 2021, Pride out of Tampa. When checking website today just out of curiosity on other Tampa departures, all of Tampa is now blocked out until November 2021. Now I wonder if November 2021 is even safe. Hopefully other Ports will start up sooner than later. I realize Tampa could be the problem and not a priority if cruise lines are focusing on particular Ports in 2021.

7 minutes ago, cellfree said:

After several cancelled cruises I finally booked out as far as November 2021, Pride out of Tampa. When checking website today just out of curiosity on other Tampa departures, all of Tampa is now blocked out until November 2021. Now I wonder if November 2021 is even safe. Hopefully other Ports will start up sooner than later. I realize Tampa could be the problem and not a priority if cruise lines are focusing on particular Ports in 2021.

It's been stated Miami and port Canaveral short cruises first, then Galveston 3rd is targeted.  Carnival hasnt said which ports after Galveston.  I'm hoping by june we see some activity showing they plan to restart. 

• Like 1