Double Points Promo Extended Through September 2022

15 minutes ago, Cruise_Couple said:

I need clarification... if I book a junior suite it normally entitles me to double points... does this new deal mean I will get 4 times the points?

In a JS you will get 4 points per night unless you sail solo in which case you would get 6.  

I have a cruise I just booked for April 23 2022.   And another for September 30 2022 departure.     Do I have it right that both will give double points?   I spoke with someone from RC. And they said it was after March 2021.  I didn’t pursue anything. Just politely acknowledged then came on here to double check with all of you.   

10 minutes ago, cantgetaname said:

I have a cruise I just booked for April 23 2022.   And another for September 30 2022 departure.     Do I have it right that both will give double points?   I spoke with someone from RC. And they said it was after March 2021.  I didn’t pursue anything. Just politely acknowledged then came on here to double check with all of you.   

It's on their site

20210128_112611.jpg

19 minutes ago, cantgetaname said:

Yes, both qualify for double points

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

I'm still waiting for mine.  If it wasn't for you and CC I wouldn't know what the heck is going on😇

I'm still waiting on my cancellation letter for my april cruise. I looked at if I could lift it into 1st week of may and rcl site said it ended jan 26th. Ourusualbeach said I only had 2 weeks from the date I was cancelled to decide, not til the program ended

Agree, rcl should contact us with terms. I keep getting info here on cc I think rcl should convey.

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I received it. The dates are those previously mentioned. It is not a new extension.

Another thread was started earlier today. I knew it because I saw ourusualbeach post it a week ago. I just got the email from rcl today. But I knew they were extended. I think some roll calls and other groups are following him and reposting his posts lol. 

I understand why Royal are doing the double points, to get more customers to book a cruise...but just like it happened a few years back when they offered double points for cruises in December that year, Royal created a monster and the overcrowding of lounges at the D, D+, and Pinnacle levels was a direct result of that. They won't be able to handle the crowds and the lounges will go away, thereby losing a benefit, even if they give you extra drinks during the day like some people think will happen. Just saying..

32 minutes ago, jamon said:

in December that year, Royal created a monster and the overcrowding of lounges at the D, D+, and Pinnacle levels was a direct result of that

That is incorrect as far as leading to overcrowding of the DL as the only guests who received the double points during Diamonds in December were those that were already Diamond and above

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I stand corrected, that back then it was not everyone, only those that were Diamond and above. But my point was now that it will only add to the number of D, D+, and Pinnacle, since I believe it is everyone. My point about the lounges getting even more crowded is correct and possibly going away, even after the virus is under control. Agree? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jamon said:

I stand corrected, that back then it was not everyone, only those that were Diamond and above. But my point was now that it will only add to the number of D, D+, and Pinnacle, since I believe it is everyone. My point about the lounges getting even more crowded is correct and possibly going away, even after the virus is under control. Agree? 

Not really, many of those additional points would have been earned in the past year of no cruising. My points won't change much at the end of the promotion if you count what got canned

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Californian said:

I have booked my first cruise with Royal going in April 2022.  Will they be giving me the double points or am I out of luck?

You need to be a C&A member to qualify.  Unfortunately you are not a member until after your first cruise. 

Have you sailed with Celebrity before. You could get a C&A membership that way. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

19 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You need to be a C&A member to qualify.  Unfortunately you are not a member until after your first cruise. 

Have you sailed with Celebrity before. You could get a C&A membership that way. 

No, I haven't sailed with Celebrity.  I was hoping I would quality since it's a 14 night cruise,  Oh well....