Celebrity Silhouette - concierge class - benefits/ making the most of concierge.

mashisback

On 1/28/2021 at 4:35 PM, ScubesDad said:

We have sailed Concierge many times; however, they were on M Class ships, and the only reason we did so was to obtain our preferred location of stateroom.   Other than paying a premium for the location we wanted, the room was a bit bigger, and the extra Captain's Club points, the remainder of the benefits were just marketing fluff.

We have sailed Concierge on S Class ships and prefer Aqua Class cabins, as we feel that is a better match for our needs.

extra capt club points and special events for c1-c3 passengers is the only real benefit. rest is just fluff.

special event was c1-c3 only free slot tourny (i won $100), and going onto the heli pad for sailaway at a port. champagne is served and you mingle with ships officers.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

and going onto the heli pad for sailaway at a port. champagne is served and you mingle with ships officers.

A sail away on the helipad is not a stated perk of Concierge Class.  It appears to be at the discretion of the Cruise Director (and/or others on board). Nice when it happens, but I don’t think anyone should book CC with the expectation that they will be able to do this.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

A sail away on the helipad is not a stated perk of Concierge Class.  It appears to be at the discretion of the Cruise Director (and/or others on board). Nice when it happens, but I don’t think anyone should book CC with the expectation that they will be able to do this.  

yes, the unadvertised special events is ymmv

• Like 2

On 1/28/2021 at 11:24 AM, 39august said:

You should have no problem with special dietary needs. Just let them know what they are. I feel there is no value in paying for concierge class at all. I don't need questionable snacks every afternoon and care nothing for the MDR lunch on embarkation day. I believe you may get a complimentary bottle of cheap bubbly, but not sure. 

Vile tasting "bubbly".  Pour it down the sink or toilet.

On 1/28/2021 at 11:27 AM, Redtravel said:

On Silhouette, concierge rooms are same size as regular veranda rooms. They are just in different locations. Concierge has some added features that may benefit you.  Only you can decide if the extra expense is worth it.  The embarkation lunch in the MDR is good. You avoid the crowds at the Buffet. The afternoon snacks are not much. Anyone can call room service.  Concierge earns extra captains club points.  There is a dedicated concierge.  There is also some wine or bubbly in the cabin on embarkation.  Check the X website to see the list of benefits.  

We book Concierge because it states we can embark and disembark whenever we chose and that appeals to us.  Also liked having our Concierge book shore excursions.  Food not that great in MDR on sail away day, but nice not to have to stand in line waiting for food and then trying to find a place to sit!  Also, like the expanded Room Service breakfast menu!

• Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 10:37 AM, fstuff1 said:

yes, the unadvertised special events is ymmv

We were in Concierge class on our 2019 eastern Med cruise.  Concierge passengers were invited to the helipad on the sail away from Rhodes.  It rained off and on and we were told the helipad was not safe due to rain.  Bummer!

On 8/7/2021 at 3:38 AM, HappyCamper49 said:

We book Concierge because it states we can embark and disembark whenever we chose and that appeals to us.  Also liked having our Concierge book shore excursions.  Food not that great in MDR on sail away day, but nice not to have to stand in line waiting for food and then trying to find a place to sit!  Also, like the expanded Room Service breakfast menu!

I like the sound of the expanded room service breakfast menu 😍 can you remember any specifics? X

4 hours ago, mashisback said:

I like the sound of the expanded room service breakfast menu 😍 can you remember any specifics? X

Premium smoothies not great but drinkable. A couple of times I ordered eggs Benedict and asked for smoked salmon on top and it arrived and was delicious. Premium orange juice. I used the sparkling wine to mix with it to make mimosas. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, HappyCamper49 said:

We were in Concierge class on our 2019 eastern Med cruise.  Concierge passengers were invited to the helipad on the sail away from Rhodes.  It rained off and on and we were told the helipad was not safe due to rain.  Bummer!

That's a shame you missed a nice perk....we had the same but due to high winds...they rescheduled us for the next port.

On 1/28/2021 at 11:48 AM, Saturngrl said:

I love Concierge!  Benefits for me: 

1.  Dedicated check in line, pre-embarkation lounge and earlier embarkation based upon status/class

2.  Embarkation lunch in the MDR.  Granted the menu is limited, but it's so nice to set your carry-on bag down in a safe area to be waited upon without the buffet crowds.

3.  Welcome bottle of wine/bubbly and green apples in your stateroom.

4.  Desirable cabin locations on quieter decks.

5.  The Concierge is very helpful when needed. 

6.  Sometimes the ship will host a Concierge-only event.   We were welcomed to sailaway with free sparkling wine on the helipad when we sailed out of Bermuda on one of our cruises. 

7.  Extra Captain's Club points.

8. The pre-disembarkation lounge with coffee/tea and pastries.   It's a nice place to wait to disembark, again away from the crowds. 

Hope this helps! 

Is’nt there a expanded breakfast menu also?

3 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Premium smoothies not great but drinkable. A couple of times I ordered eggs Benedict and asked for smoked salmon on top and it arrived and was delicious. Premium orange juice. I used the sparkling wine to mix with it to make mimosas. 

22 minutes ago, smaheu11 said:

Is’nt there a expanded breakfast menu also?

Yes, there is, see above in red.

On 8/6/2021 at 10:38 PM, HappyCamper49 said:

There is no perk where you can board or disembark when you want. At boarding there is a dedicated line for concierge but sometimes the regular lines are shorter. When disembarking there is a separate lounge but you still have to wait until they let your group go.