Question about Elite Status

johnasmith99

Warning! Thread Hijack...

But I thought this would be a good place to get some answers 😉

I'm an elite member and in the past I was able to bring my non-elite member roommate to elite functions (fully allowed - not sneaking or cheating the rules) is this still allowed?   Or more accurately was this still allowed before cruises stopped last year?

Just wondering if we'll be able to take advantage of this on our girls cruise next spring.  With the all in promotion the only thing we would really use would be the coffee house breakfast.

TIA

2 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

It was allowed at the point where cruising stopped

Thank you!   Now, I'll just have to wait and see what changes take place once cruising restarts... and I can imagine there will be changes.

Currently the rumor is no CC HH in the Sky Lounge (bummer) when cruising resumes.  Hopefully one of the changes (due to the china virus) will be "if" (?) the CC is going to hold the CC HH in the Sky Lounge the CC no longer allows non elite members (staying in the same stateroom) to attend.

2 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

I think it’s gone beyond a rumor.  Check out the Captain’s Club updates on the Celebrity website

12F82CDF-EDC9-431F-8EB6-E3BF560BA504.png

I've read the "updated" section under captain's club and it doesn't mention anywhere that roomates will no longer be allowed.  I kind of like the idea of the welcome event being held outdoors .. depending on weather of course!

3 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

I never found those 3 people to be a problem.

I wouldn't know how many there ever was. Never asked. 🙄 I didn't say the accompanied visitors were a problem pre Covid. My point is going forward for social distancing and possibly limiting the numbers allowed in the Sky Lounge for the CC HH should be for only those that are elite and above, if the CC HH is ever held in the Sky Lounge in the future. 

1 hour ago, Gaynors said:

I've read the "updated" section under captain's club and it doesn't mention anywhere that roomates will no longer be allowed.  I kind of like the idea of the welcome event being held outdoors .. depending on weather of course!

No one said the new CC updates excluded non elite guests of an elite or above CC member from  the CC HH. No biggie anyway as with the last/current update the CC HH in the Sky Lounge is no longer when cruising resumes. Now you (we) can start your (our) HH anytime at any bar using your (our) AI CBP or PBP. Better drink menu selections with the CBP or PBP.  We prefer the CC HH in the Sky Lounge. We've attended a few top tier events with RC that have been held on the helipads. Way too windy. 👎

Of course, all things are subject to change and who knows what the promised Captain’s Club updates will bring.  I just hope that they don’t do away with the morning event, some thing I look forward to on every cruise and I go to every day.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2021 at 2:58 PM, johnasmith99 said:

We are Elite with Celebrity based on our RCCL Diamond status.  Still, we have never cruised on Celebrity.  Now that Celebrity is including beverages, Wi-Fi and gratuities for everyone, what benefit is there to being Elite?  Adding to that question, do you expect there will be descent beverage service if there's no incentive for either Celebrity or the servers other than for premium beverages?  I guess the servers would likely get an extra tip.  

I'm Elite PLUS with Celebrity (Diamond PLUS with RC, 4 STAR with Holland) .... have done 85 cruises since 1970.  There is NO incentive, whatsoever to being an Elite member now.  Actually, the opposite, since those waiting for drinks (incl. morning coffees) will be a longer wait for all of us!  Furthermore, I strongly object to Celebrity calling it "FREE perks" since their prices are up considerably.  The cruiser will pay upfront whether he/she wants it or not!  AND there will be more drunk people since "must consume to make it worthwhile".... NIGHTMARE!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, silviaeaston said:

I'm Elite PLUS with Celebrity (Diamond PLUS with RC, 4 STAR with Holland) .... have done 85 cruises since 1970.  There is NO incentive, whatsoever to being an Elite member now.  Actually, the opposite, since those waiting for drinks (incl. morning coffees) will be a longer wait for all of us!  Furthermore, I strongly object to Celebrity calling it "FREE perks" since their prices are up considerably.  The cruiser will pay upfront whether he/she wants it or not!  AND there will be more drunk people since "must consume to make it worthwhile".... NIGHTMARE!

Speaking only for my wife and I, there is for us.