First Responder OBC. Stackable?

Bgwest

I received from Princess a First Responder OBC as part of last year’s promotion. I applied it to a cruise that was subsequently cancelled so it went back into my Captain’s Circle acct. 

When I attempted to reuse the OBC on another cruise, my TA, after checking with a Princess supervisor, advised me that this particular promotional OBC isn’t combinable with other OBCs. (I already have shareholder and FCD OBCs on the cruise I’m trying to add First Responders OBC to.)

I saved the details of this promotion when it was first announced. The “fine print” says this about stacking this particular OBC:

Offer excludes Travel Agent fares. Offer is combinable with other Onboard Credit offers except for rebook offers and military offer onboard credits. 

Before I go back to my TA and revisit Princess’ denial, I thought I’d check with all of you and see if anyone has had a similar experience. Thanks!

my wife had that credit and it was applied in addition to a OBC that we got ( $100pp ) for a Caribbean cruise that was cancelled and we re-booked another Caribbean cruise ... that was also cancelled ... and now have the 3rd Caribbean cruise booked for 4/2022

I had the First Responder credit placed on our 11/2021 cruise.  When I sent in a request to get my shareholder OBC for the same cruise I got notification that I could use one or the other but not get both. If you are successful can you please post?

Diane

56 minutes ago, Set to go said:

I had the First Responder credit placed on our 11/2021 cruise.  When I sent in a request to get my shareholder OBC for the same cruise I got notification that I could use one or the other but not get both. If you are successful can you please post?

Diane

I certainly will. 
Were you given an explanation why they denied using both?

Clearly seems to me to be in direct conflict with their own “fine print” for this promotion. 

No good reason for the denial, only that it couldn’t be done.  To be honest, it was such a PIA to get the First Responder credit and keep it on my account, that I didn’t have the energy to argue about stock holder credit being stackable.  However...today is a new day!!! Lol

Diane

Good Luck!

7 minutes ago, jennybenny said:

Is there a difference in the benefit? First responders vs share holder? We only had it applied to one cruise, I think. We haven’t tried applying any  shareholder credit yet 

No, the amount for us was the same with either.  Had I known that they were not stackable, I wouldn’t have bothered with the First Responder credit due to shareholders credit being easy to get.

2 hours ago, Set to go said:

No, the amount for us was the same with either.  Had I known that they were not stackable, I wouldn’t have bothered with the First Responder credit due to shareholders credit being easy to get.

I agree, it was a pain to get processed. Take a photo, upload...

I would not have bothered if I had known it was not stackable 

Pretty lame. One of the things that helps to keep Princess cruisers loyal is the ability to stack OBC. Perhaps there's a new "bean counter" in town who isn't really onboard with the previous Princess practices. As the old saying goes, "Penny wise and pound foolish" may apply here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Musky Ike said:

Must be a per person rather than per cabin issue. My wife has the credit applied to her name and I have the shareholder credit in mine on the same cruise. 

I think you may be onto something. On previous bookings I have sometimes seen our shareholder credit applied to my account and other times to my wife’s account.

Perhaps I contact my TA and get them to ask Princess to move the applied shareholder OBC to my wife’s account thereby freeing up my account to plug the first responder OBC into. Sounds like it might work. I’ll give it a try.