Time P&O take to process refunds

Scrappydappydoo

Good afternoon

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere.  We were originally booked on Iona last July as a first time crusing family. We then rebooked to this July which has now been cancelled. Half the family are unsure about crusing now so filled in the online refund form. I have two questions. 

Firstly, how long before P&O process this?  Secondly, I didn't get any email confirmation of my request, is this usual?

Many thanks in advance

Tony

18 minutes ago, Scrappydappydoo said:

Good afternoon

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere.  We were originally booked on Iona last July as a first time crusing family. We then rebooked to this July which has now been cancelled. Half the family are unsure about crusing now so filled in the online refund form. I have two questions. 

Firstly, how long before P&O process this?  Secondly, I didn't get any email confirmation of my request, is this usual?

Many thanks in advance

Tony

I think your best option would be to speak to them direct and explain all,the response they give should then reasure all your concerns,hope this helps.

20 minutes ago, Scrappydappydoo said:

Good afternoon

Many thanks in advance

Tony

My cruise was cancelled in November, and it took about 3 weeks for my to get the refund.

It might take longer for you, as they have cancelled a larger chunk of cruises this time.

I didn’t get an email to confirm that they had received my request, but I took a photo of the confirmation screen, just in case there was any query 

25 minutes ago, Scrappydappydoo said:

Good afternoon

Many thanks in advance

Tony

I had an email the following day, when I cancelled our June cruise. As it's the first time I've cancelled a cruise I don't know if it's normal or not. 

Avril

They don't normally send an email if you have requested a refund of monies paid but have booked via a TA only if you have booked direct. If you have booked direct they will refund back to the payment method. If you booked through a TA it is usually refunded by cheque. They say it can take upto 60 days, our last one was refunded in 30.

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

I had an email the following day, when I cancelled our June cruise. As it's the first time I've cancelled a cruise I don't know if it's normal or not. 

Avril

yes we had an email to say it was cancelled but not to acknowledge we had requested a refund.

I hope P&O have learned from last years fiasco with regards to refunds and the very bad publicity they got from it and adhere to UK law. CMA have been very proactive recently in telling companies that if they dont refund customers quicker than what they were doing they would take action.

15 minutes ago, besberry said:

I booked via a TA and didn't get an email.  It took about 8 weeks to get the refund in the form of a cheque.  Remember them?

I still use them on an occasion too😉

Avril

3 hours ago, Scrappydappydoo said:

Good afternoon

Many thanks in advance

Tony

Hi,

I also requested a refund for my Iona cruise that was cancelled - I got no email confirmation or anything, so just waiting for my refund now! 😫

Mine took three months. As noted above no email confirmation - I do think a brief email would have been reassuring. 

Booked via TA and refund was back onto CC. It was slightly incorrect (less than £100) so I chased this and got the balance by cheque. 

Aside from the lack of a confirmation email giving an approximate timescale didn’t have an issue with the process. 

29 minutes ago, tesni said:

Just to add - the ones I've been refunded for were ones I'd booked direct with P&O. The one I'd booked with a travel agent hasn't been refunded yet.

Ours are booked direct with P&O too.

Avril

• Like 2