Time P&O take to process refunds

Scrappydappydoo

1 hour ago, bobstheboy said:

Well done P&O, requested refund on the day of announcement and cheque arrived this morning, Ventura 22nd August.  Booked through an agent which is why it is a cheque.

Mine was booked through a TA and not direct with P&O and it was refunded to my credit card.

• Like 2

Well done P&O - our full refund of the deposit for cruise June 10th reached our credit card 4 working days after requested on line and showed up on the statement today. Email received yesterday saying it had been processed.  Very impressed. 

Edited by Scriv
  • Like 1

I wanted to come back and update you all as my refund was credited back yesterday. 

Cruise was scheduled to sale on 24th July and booked direct with P&O as a rebooking for a cancelled cruise last July.

Requested refund on Fri 5th March and refund credited back on card on Mon 15th March.

Thank you all who took time to post as this has been a great help to me and others.

• Like 6

Glad to hear you've all received your refunds so quickly.

On a different note we rebooked our August cruise for one in January on Friday, but have still to receive our confirmation. Details show up on My Cruises, and I've had an email telling how many weeks' til my cruise, so a phone call is today's task!

Hi All

looks like P&O are doing well on refunds. Well done, praise where it’s due!

Had a family booking for golden wedding celebration in August 2020. That of course was cancelled and all family were able to rebook for 2021. At that time we had to pay a small extra deposit as P&O hadn’t got things sorted by that time. The 2021 cruise has now been cancelled and some of the family cannot rebook due to other commitments. Therefore had to cancel two cabins. In less than a week two refunds came through being the small extra deposits. The original deposits have not come through yet - I guess that’s due to having to go back to the original booking.

Things will be hectic to say the least so I’ll not chase the original deposits for a month.

is anyone else in this situation?

2 minutes ago, Orianababes said:

In less than a week two refunds came through being the small extra deposits. The original deposits have not come through yet - I guess that’s due to having to go back to the original booking.

Things will be hectic to say the least so I’ll not chase the original deposits for a month.

is anyone else in this situation?

Yes, the same here. Your whole experience echoes ours, including a celebration cruise for 2020 and rebooked for 2021. I realised last week when I had only received back the second deposit and not the whole amount, that because the deposits were under different booking numbers, I should have applied for both refunds seperately. One started with a C and the other with a W. I had wondered if it was actually our travel agent's fault in the first place for not adding both deposits together under one number.

I received the first refund in 6 days and am now awaiting the second which might take longer I guess.

27 minutes ago, Orianababes said:

In less than a week two refunds came through being the small extra deposits. The original deposits have not come through yet - I guess that’s due to having to go back to the original booking.

I don't think that's why. Our 2020 holiday that was booked in 2019 was moved to June 2021, and extra deposits were paid. When I cancelled the June cruise, the refund was in the bank in a week, however it was paid in as two separate amounts, the original deposit and then the extra. Don't know if that helps.

Avril

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2021 at 9:34 AM, Orianababes said:

Have you received your original deposits yet? Still waiting for ours 3 weeks later, after only having  waited 6 days for the small extra deposits.

Hi Ray 66

original deposits still not received and today I have sent a chasing email. I tried calling the number P&O gave in their email when refunding the second deposit. I pressed 2 as I had booked through a travel agent. Message then says P&O cannot deal with it and to contact my TA. If my aged memory serves me well we were told not to go through TAs!

That is why I emailed. Let’s see what happens now. Not particularly angry it must have been chaotic and nigh impossible to get everything right for everyone first time

• Thanks 1

I emailed my TA today and a few hours later they phoned back to say they have spoken to P&O. The deposit had automatically gone into the FCC system so they will now refund the amount manually. Should take 2-3 weeks. TA will chase them up next week.

On 3/12/2021 at 9:52 AM, Adawn47 said:

Our refund landed in the bank yesterday morning. I've just recieved an email from P&O stating that our refund had been processed and will be deposited to our bank. 🤨

Avril

From the time I clicked the button on their email, it took P&O 4 days to get the credit back to my credit card. Come on P&O, get your finger out🤣

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2021 at 5:00 PM, Ray66 said:

I emailed my TA today and a few hours later they phoned back to say they have spoken to P&O. The deposit had automatically gone into the FCC system so they will now refund the amount manually. Should take 2-3 weeks. TA will chase them up next week.

Just received a cheque today from Carnival UK for the original deposit amount. The amount had originally been paid by credit card.

On 3/7/2021 at 2:19 PM, majortom10 said:

I hope P&O have learned from last years fiasco with regards to refunds and the very bad publicity they got from it and adhere to UK law. CMA have been very proactive recently in telling companies that if they dont refund customers quicker than what they were doing they would take action.

They did not have systems in place last year for wholesale cancellations, plus they suddenly had most of their staff off, working from home etc.

They have now got systems in place, so they can deal with things quicker. The working from home is sorted better to. The huge great Carnival building in Southampton is nearly empty. The only ones working there are those that cannot work from home.

Like a lot of businesses when covid exploded they were caught out. They are nearly there. I am constantly reading posts on FB from people who say how quick they have got refunds now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, the english lady said:

They did not have systems in place last year for wholesale cancellations, plus they suddenly had most of their staff off, working from home etc.

They have now got systems in place, so they can deal with things quicker. The working from home is sorted better to. The huge great Carnival building in Southampton is nearly empty. The only ones working there are those that cannot work from home.

Like a lot of businesses when covid exploded they were caught out. They are nearly there. I am constantly reading posts on FB from people who say how quick they have got refunds now.

They also made a lot of their staff redundant in Southampton which didnt help and they had no excuse for the awful delays and time taken to reimburse monies paid which was illegal under UK law. Sorry but they are quick to take your money and they wouldnt let you owe them money for months and months, unfortunately too many allow P&O to treat their customers like they do and still keep cruising with them and making excuses for them and that is why P&O still keep treating their loyal customers with the contempt they do. They expect loyalty to them but they are never loyal to customers.

Hats off to P&O. We were due to sail on the Iona in September but due to worries have decided to cancel and get a refund.  Only rang on Thursday am and refund was back in our account on Friday am...minus their charges. Very easy process. 

Some last year waited over 6 months and either had to get their money back by using Section 75 through their credit card or by threatening legal action. They knew that UK law states under Package Travel Regulations that they should have been refunded in 14 days and if people threatened to take them to court they paid out because they knew they would lose and cost them even more. Fortunately for P&O many of their customers will always stick up for them and continue to cruise with them however badly treated by P&O and they know that and that is why they treat customers so badly.

On 4/23/2021 at 11:20 AM, majortom10 said:

They also made a lot of their staff redundant in Southampton which didnt help and they had no excuse for the awful delays and time taken to reimburse monies paid which was illegal under UK law. Sorry but they are quick to take your money and they wouldnt let you owe them money for months and months, unfortunately too many allow P&O to treat their customers like they do and still keep cruising with them and making excuses for them and that is why P&O still keep treating their loyal customers with the contempt they do. They expect loyalty to them but they are never loyal to customers.

Do you think they liked the delay ? Do you not think if they could have dealt with them quicker, they would have done? If you go on any of the other cruise line pages they were ALL caught out. Nothing in place to cope if the business suddenly stops dead. I just hope whatever line of business you are in, when the pandemic hit, you dealt with issues with the alacrity that you seem to think every other company should have done.

1 hour ago, the english lady said:

Do you think they liked the delay ? Do you not think if they could have dealt with them quicker, they would have done? If you go on any of the other cruise line pages they were ALL caught out. Nothing in place to cope if the business suddenly stops dead. I just hope whatever line of business you are in, when the pandemic hit, you dealt with issues with the alacrity that you seem to think every other company should have done.

Dont think it was a matter of being "caught out" I think Carnival as a company delayed refunds as it was a cheap way of getting money instead of completing their legal obligations and UK law and didnt help just completely making redundant 400 staff in Southampton who could have helped with refunds but they had no intention of abiding by UK law and delay refunds. Many companies P&O included have been told by Competition and Markets Authority of their legal obligations and if they didnt adhere to them then legal action would be taken out against them. That is why suddenly lots of people had refunds paid instead of holding onto money or trying to make them have vouchers instead of refund of monies like many airlines did.