Time P&O take to process refunds

Scrappydappydoo

26 minutes ago, shopaholic6 said:

Yep me too - got my refund this morning - what speedy service! 👍

Hmm. Just checked the bank, not yet. When I booked a new cruise on Monday she looked to see if I could still use it for the deposit and said no as it was already being processed. Maybe tomorrow. I know it's only £250 but I don't want to get caught up in the shenanigans as before.

Avril

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

Hmm. Just checked the bank, not yet. When I booked a new cruise on Monday she looked to see if I could still use it for the deposit and said no as it was already being processed. Maybe tomorrow. I know it's only £250 but I don't want to get caught up in the shenanigans as before.

Avril

Hopefully tomorrow for you 🤞🤞🤞

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Scriv said:

Do you think they are refunding in chronological order of the cruise sailing?

Or possibly when the refund was requested, but I don't think they work to any particular order. It's the luck of the draw.

Avril

Just now, Adawn47 said:

Or possibly when the refund was requested, but I don't think they work to any particular order. It's the luck of the draw.

Avril

I did mine an hour after the announcement 🤣...but my cruise wasn't until June, so there are several in front of me in that respect. Not worrying, just intrigued and very impressed that they've started already.

Just now, Scriv said:

I did mine an hour after the announcement 🤣...but my cruise wasn't until June, so there are several in front of me in that respect. Not worrying, just intrigued and very impressed that they've started already.

I did ours the same morning it was announced, and our cruise was June 25th. Did P&O notify you that your refund had been paid?

Avril

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

I did ours the same morning it was announced, and our cruise was June 25th. Did P&O notify you that your refund had been paid?

Avril

OK -  I received a Cancellation Invoice on the same day, 6 hours after submitting the request on line, but nothing to say the money was on its way. It's a Flycruise and I paid on Credit Card

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Scriv said:

OK -  I received a Cancellation Invoice on the same day, 6 hours after submitting the request on line, but nothing to say the money was on its way. It's a Flycruise and I paid on Credit Card

I think everybody received a cancellation invoice for the cruises.  I did but I have not applied for a refund. Those who have recieved refunds need to tell the date of their cruise so it can be seen whether it is in cruise date order or time of applying. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Scriv said:

I got my cancellation invoice the day after and I paid  on Debit Card. It's just a wating game, glad it's not a large amount.

Avril

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gettingwarmer said:

So Scriv and Adawn47 cruises are in June and they haven't received money back yet. Maybe the others are April cruises.

There's no hurry, it came out of the 'holiday fund'. I was just being curious.

Avril

11 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

So Scriv and Adawn47 cruises are in June and they haven't received money back yet. Maybe the others are April cruises.

Yes, thought that.. or May even. My cruise was 10 June and Adawn's was the 25th..

5 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

There's no hurry, it came out of the 'holiday fund'. I was just being curious.

Avril

Same here 🙂 

Edited by Scriv

23 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

I think everybody received a cancellation invoice for the cruises.  I did but I have not applied for a refund. Those who have recieved refunds need to tell the date of their cruise so it can be seen whether it is in cruise date order or time of applying. 

My cruise was 15th May and I received my refund this morning 👍

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gettingwarmer said:

July and August 2020. Refund for ones booked through P&O received 8th March (to my credit card). haven't yet received a refund for the one booked through a Travel Agent.

I requested a deposit refund for 2 cruises in the recent cancellation tranche (1st May and 17th August - both on Aurora). Both were booked through our usual TA but I used the the web form and selected the drop down option for a TA booking.

Like others I have been a bit concerned that there was no final confirmation page that could be printed off after each request. Nor have I had any email conformation that the request has been registered and is being processed.

I realise that the money will be coming back in the form of a cheque but am still worried by the complete absence of any feedback from P&O.

The comments above about TA's holding back deposit funds is also worrying. As a result, I'm planning to contact the TA just to confirm what monies were forwarded to P&O as deposits for these cruises. I have details of the total costs and the balance due sums, so have calculated the deposits from these figures. Don't really want to have to trawl back through my bank statements to truffle out the actual figures

Edited by arlowood

47 minutes ago, arlowood said:

I requested a deposit refund for 2 cruises in the recent cancellation tranche (1st May and 17th August - both on Aurora). Both were booked through our usual TA but I used the the web form and selected the drop down option for a TA booking.

Like others I have been a bit concerned that there was no final confirmation page that could be printed off after each request. Nor have I had any email conformation that the request has been registered and is being processed.

I realise that the money will be coming back in the form of a cheque but am still worried by the complete absence of any feedback from P&O.

The comments above about TA's holding back deposit funds is also worrying. As a result, I'm planning to contact the TA just to confirm what monies were forwarded to P&O as deposits for these cruises. I have details of the total costs and the balance due sums, so have calculated the deposits from these figures. Don't really want to have to trawl back through my bank statements to truffle out the actual figures

On the refund web form it asks how much deposit you paid, I got my figure from the confirmation booking form which was sent to me by both my T/A and P&O after booking. this may save you having to look through your statements. 

Egg on face time I'm afraid. 

After my mini moan earlier today, both deposits arrived in the lunchtime post combined in one cheque.

Was expecting a long wait but kudos to P&O - they seem to have got there act well and truly together

• Like 5