P & O Suspended Cruising until September

Amelia Noylam

Hi All

P & O have said they have now suspended cruising until September, do you think they may cancel for the rest of the year. Like everyone else I have canceled and re-booked and our next cruise is the beginning of November, just wondering will we be re-booking again. Having just canceled June until next year.

All Take Care

Amelia

35 minutes ago, Amelia Noylam said:

Hi All

P & O have said they have now suspended cruising until September, do you think they may cancel for the rest of the year. Like everyone else I have canceled and re-booked and our next cruise is the beginning of November, just wondering will we be re-booking again. Having just canceled June until next year.

All Take Care

Amelia

September for Britannia and Iona. August for the others.

Avril

• Like 1

There are literally hundreds of posts pontificating about restart dates, and in the final analysis, no one knows, because there are so many variables.

Will the UK government allow cruises to other countries, will other governments allow cruises to dock, will there be vaccine passports,  will a third vaccination be required  ? etc.etc.

I have an October cruise booked, and I reckon the odds are 50:50 that it will go ahead. But, it is 6 months in the future, there is nothing I can do to influence events, so I'm just forgetting about it until the final payment date is due,  and then I will make a decision.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, wowzz said:

There are literally hundreds of posts pontificating about restart dates, and in the final analysis, no one knows, because there are so many variables.

Will the UK government allow cruises to other countries, will other governments allow cruises to dock, will there be vaccine passports,  will a third vaccination be required  ? etc.etc.

I have an October cruise booked, and I reckon the odds are 50:50 that it will go ahead. But, it is 6 months in the future, there is nothing I can do to influence events, so I'm just forgetting about it until the final payment date is due,  and then I will make a decision.

We are booked on Britannia B123 for October 9th, which is the second cruise after Britannia finishes the scenic summer cruises.  If the summer cruises to nowhere have been successful, I can see no good reason that this should fail.  Of course if Spain, France and Gibraltar are not accepting cruise ship port calls, then it might well end up as a scenic cruise, but at least it should be reasonably warm.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

Sounds like a good plan to me Wowzz:classic_smile:

11 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

We are booked on Britannia B123 for October 9th, which is the second cruise after Britannia finishes the scenic summer cruises.  If the summer cruises to nowhere have been successful, I can see no good reason that this should fail.  Of course if Spain, France and Gibraltar are not accepting cruise ship port calls, then it might well end up as a scenic cruise, but at least it should be reasonably warm.

We are on that one as well, hopefully things will look brighter then.

3 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Simon Palethorpe President of Carnival UK said that the opening up is not down to how successful the staycation cruises are it all depends on other countries wanting cruise ships to dock there.

Seems eminently sensible. Could lead to lots of itinerary changes if, say, Portugal and Italy accept cruise ships, but France and Spain don't.