Who has decided to take a summer staycation cruise?

seapals2

13 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

Sailing on the 27th, Health Declaration completed and my safe to Travel pass received. Subject to further testing of course. 
It’s beginning to feel real now, 3 more sleeps 😀

Wow nearly there hope all goes great for you and let us know how you get on👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Wow nearly there hope all goes great for you and let us know how you get on👍

Sorry, feels like rubbing a bit of salt in your wounds😞 

Thank you, and I’m sure we will have a great time, as will be grateful we have made it onto the ship!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MX-Drew said:

Ours are completed🤗

Just the packing to do now.

I’ve made a start on that, I would like to be 80% finished by this evening.  Should be easy shouldn’t it, throw a few outfits in a bag for 4 nights.  However, the excitement of actually going away and dressing for dinner is all very exciting.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

Sorry, feels like rubbing a bit of salt in your wounds😞 

Thank you, and I’m sure we will have a great time, as will be grateful we have made it onto the ship!

It’s great to see everyone excited and getting back to cruising looking forward to hearing all about it mine wasn’t meant to be but I’ve got loads other cruises to look forward to👍🤞🏻🙏

• Like 3

I have a question that doesn't warrant a separate thread  but as it's a staycation we hope to go on I am putting it here.  Hope  that's ok and hope the gentlemen I know have mobility aids see it.  I couldn't see anything on google. It will be Iona.

As my mobility is taking a bit of a hit (post trauma) I wondered if there is any other way onto the ship apart from that steep 'half mile' zig zag thing.  I'll be fine wandering around the ship slowly but its gradients or uneven ground that get me.

Not to worry though.. I will do it on my hands and knees if need be...I WILL get on that ship.🚢

Can't wait 🤣

Also can't wait to hear stories from those going soon .

Thank you.

Edited by indiana123

1 hour ago, Pink-belle said:

I’ve made a start on that, I would like to be 80% finished by this evening.  Should be easy shouldn’t it, throw a few outfits in a bag for 4 nights.  However, the excitement of actually going away and dressing for dinner is all very exciting.

It does not seem easy to me as we have the night before in Southampton then a night after in Portsmouth then over to Kent for 2 nights babysitting while the son and daughter in law are off for the weekend and then 2 nights in South Croydon where on the day in between we get a train to Victoria (London) then a steam train to Bournemouth for the day (that has a smart dress code).

The strategy I'm using for packing is three cases, a big one to take the clothes for both of us on the cruise, one for the nights babysitting (cabin size suitcase) that will also be used for hand luggage on the cruise and a medium suitcase (to be left in the car while on the cruise) to take our clothes etc for the train trip and stay.

Like you I want to be 80% done by tonight but it won't happen as the DW is working all day and she has no idea what fits let alone what she is taking.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lindylooellalouise said:

It’s great to see everyone excited and getting back to cruising looking forward to hearing all about it mine wasn’t meant to be but I’ve got loads other cruises to look forward to👍🤞🏻🙏

That is very gracious of you and wish you well too. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

I have a question that doesn't warrant a separate thread  but as it's a staycation we hope to go on I am putting it here.  Hope  that's ok and hope the gentlemen I know have mobility aids see it.  I couldn't see anything on google. It will be Iona.

As my mobility is taking a bit of a hit (post trauma) I wondered if there is any other way onto the ship apart from that steep 'half mile' zig zag thing.  I'll be fine wandering around the ship slowly but its gradients or uneven ground that get me.

Not to worry though.. I will do it on my hands and knees if need be...I WILL get on that ship.🚢

Can't wait 🤣

Thank you.

Someone more knowledgeable will hopefully be able to answer.

My first thought wast his is why they offer assistance with boarding.  Where they use a Port wheelchair to assist those that have trouble with inclines and distances.

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

Can't wait 🤣

Thank you.

I'm not directly in your position but I can say from experience that Southampton have wheelchairs that can be used to embarks and disembark. I know this as I had a trip and was very unsteady on my feet while waiting to disembark Queen Elizabeth and a wheel chair was brought to me and I was wheeled off (literally).

3 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

Someone more knowledgeable will hopefully be able to answer.

My first thought wast his is why they offer assistance with boarding.  Where they use a Port wheelchair to assist those that have trouble with inclines and distances.

Got there before me Pink-belle 🙂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

It does not seem easy to me as we have the night before in Southampton then a night after in Portsmouth then over to Kent for 2 nights babysitting while the son and daughter in law are off for the weekend and then 2 nights in South Croydon where on the day in between we get a train to Victoria (London) then a steam train to Bournemouth for the day (that has a smart dress code).

The strategy I'm using for packing is three cases, a big one to take the clothes for both of us on the cruise, one for the nights babysitting (cabin size suitcase) that will also be used for hand luggage on the cruise and a medium suitcase (to be left in the car while on the cruise) to take our clothes etc for the train trip and stay.

Like you I want to be 80% done by tonight but it won't happen as the DW is working all day and she has no idea what fits let alone what she is taking.   

We have had to do some top up shopping, due to clothes shrinking over Lockdown. 🥴
Your plan sounds good. 

we are taking two rolling suit carriers, we should be able to get all our hanging clothes in these.  One rolling hold-all with the “bits” in.  4 nights or 2 weeks you still need the “bits”! Sunscreen, shoes, chargers medication and toiletries, that’s what takes up the room.  
plus a carry on.

Aim being to be able to self disembark, not sure if they will allow us to carry it all on,  as MSC sprayed all the luggage first, so some bits in hand luggage to tide us over.

10 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

We have had to do some top up shopping, due to clothes shrinking over Lockdown. 🥴
Your plan sounds good. 

we are taking two rolling suit carriers, we should be able to get all our hanging clothes in these.  One rolling hold-all with the “bits” in.  4 nights or 2 weeks you still need the “bits”! Sunscreen, shoes, chargers medication and toiletries, that’s what takes up the room.  
plus a carry on.

Aim being to be able to self disembark, not sure if they will allow us to carry it all on,  as MSC sprayed all the luggage first, so some bits in hand luggage to tide us over.

Shoes, don't talk to me about shoes! 

Why do some women need to take about 5 pairs of shoes for one night?

Also does anyone know if it will be possible to get clothes pressed on these staycation cruises? I think i read the self service laundries will be closed.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MX-Drew said:

Shoes, don't talk to me about shoes! 

Why do some women need to take about 5 pairs of shoes for one night?

Also does anyone know if it will be possible to get clothes pressed on these staycation cruises? I think i read the self service laundries will be closed.

Just in case!  Somehow, always end up wearing the same couple of pairs though!

I can’t get to less than 4 pairs for 4 nights.

Daytime sandals

Evening Sandals

sliders for pool or spa

covered toe shoes incase my feet are cold.   (Sssshhh or it rains) 

might have to add another pair incase of malfunction of any of the others.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

I'm going to pinch this phrase and use on DH,it's a perfect explanation of why I take more than 2 pairs of shoes " like wot he does"!

Enjoy the luxury of choosing your footwear and of course your cruise 🛳😉😎

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

I'm going to pinch this phrase and use on DH,it's a perfect explanation of why I take more than 2 pairs of shoes " like wot he does"!

Enjoy the luxury of choosing your footwear and of course your cruise 🛳😉😎

I always take a spare pair of evening shoes in case the heel drops off! That did actually happen to me as it got caught/stuck in the metal bits that go across the carpet floor (sorry don’t know technical term) whilst on Aurora.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pink-belle said:

Just in case!  Somehow, always end up wearing the same couple of pairs though!

I can’t get to less than 4 pairs for 4 nights.

Daytime sandals

Evening Sandals

sliders for pool or spa

covered toe shoes incase my feet are cold.   (Sssshhh or it rains) 

You forgot the "heels" for formal night. 🤣

6 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I always take a spare pair of evening shoes in case the heel drops off! That did actually happen to me as it got caught/stuck in the metal bits that go across the carpet floor (sorry don’t know technical term) whilst on Aurora.

Only the one spare pair?

What if they break too?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

You forgot the "heels" for formal night. 🤣

They’re covered by evening sandals, I don’t do proper heels after breaking my ankle a few years ago.  Nothing to do with heels, but my foot now doesn’t bend the right way to make them comfortable. 

Just realised DH requires more shoes than me!

a pair of Shoes for Dinner

Formal shoes for Celebration night

sliders for pool/spa

deck shoes for casual wear

plus covered toe sandals for during the day.

20 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Exactly why we need to take options.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

How many times are P&O going to send me emails asking me to complete my health declaration?

I have 3 now and I completed 4 hours before I received the first email.

Do you think they are sending too much information?

I’m wondering if that’s why some people aren’t reading it?  
I guess by sending it it covers themselves as pax can’t claim they didn’t know.  I guess a pre cruise booklet wouldn’t work as the requirements are ever changing. 

I know what you mean about amount of luggage, when going off to other places after. 

We are over night , night before, and then three days in a hotel, after cruise. Think I need things from the cruise , on the land holiday too. First world problems hey.

Yes, ironing. All very well sending them off to be pressed, but what if you go to out something on, and it has a crease, you hadn't noticed. Can't run down to laundry room to run the iron over quickly if closed. Will need to check well in advance.

8 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

Do you think they are sending too much information?

I’m wondering if that’s why some people aren’t reading it?  
I guess by sending it it covers themselves as pax can’t claim they didn’t know.  I guess a pre cruise booklet wouldn’t work as the requirements are ever changing. 

The big problem with multiple emails the same is people think "ah the same again" then one comes in that is slightly different but important. Information is good but repeat the same thing too many times at it is in danger of not being read.

Also, if it went to the spam folder first time, it will keep going there.

12 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

Exactly why we need to take options.  

My record is 16 pairs of shoes altho that was for a Worldie.

3x flip flops

4x evening

2x waterproof

4x daytime sandals

1x boots

2x trainers

• Like 2