Who has decided to take a summer staycation cruise?

seapals2

2 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

@Pink-belleFret no more, I have just this minute heard, she had a text and she is negative. Relieved does not describe how I feel right now. You are right we hardly slept trying to decide what we would do if she didn't get the result so fast. They are doing a tremendous job with testing where  she lives.

May be see you on board.

Pleased for you . I think we all will be a concerned about test results ,even though we'll all be ,like you were,cautious about what we do and where we go ,prior to our sailing day. Now, go have a fantastic time xx

2 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

@Pink-belleFret no more, I have just this minute heard, she had a text and she is negative. Relieved does not describe how I feel right now. You are right we hardly slept trying to decide what we would do if she didn't get the result so fast. They are doing a tremendous job with testing where  she lives.

May be see you on board.

Have a great cruise and come back and tell us all about the new protocols.

We have been putting off booking anything but got tempted by the Princess mail this morning and have booked one of their "Seacations" so we now have something to look forward to.

We still aren't confident enough to book a longer cruise but if this goes well we will be looking at autumn / winter cruises with P&O. 🤞 🤞

• Like 7

4 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

May be see you on board.

Great news, now you can enjoy your cruise.

34 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We have been putting off booking anything but got tempted by the Princess mail this morning and have booked one of their "Seacations" so we now have something to look forward to.

We still aren't confident enough to book a longer cruise but if this goes well we will be looking at autumn / winter cruises with P&O. 🤞 🤞

After being spoilt on Princess will you want to go back to P&O ?😀

11 minutes ago, wowzz said:

After being spoilt on Princess will you want to go back to P&O ?😀

We have done over 50 cruises across P&O and Princess and approximately 60% were on Princess 40% P&O so we are well aware of what to expect.  We prefer Princess but have travelled more in recent years with P&O because they do more ex-Southampton cruises and OH can't fly now because of his health issues. 

We were tempted by Princess for this short cruise because we find that on board activities are better on Princess ( not all quizzes ) and since there are no ports we can't get off the ship this could be important.

I will be interested to seeing we get all of loyalty privileges on such a short cruise as we do on longer cruises.

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

What did you book Josy ? I am on the 30th August Sky Princess sailing.  

14 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We have done over 50 cruises across P&O and Princess and approximately 60% were on Princess 40% P&O so we are well aware of what to expect.  We prefer Princess but have travelled more in recent years with P&O because they do more ex-Southampton cruises and OH can't fly now because of his health issues. 

We were tempted by Princess for this short cruise because we find that on board activities are better on Princess ( not all quizzes ) and since there are no ports we can't get off the ship this could be important.

I will be interested to seeing we get all of loyalty privileges on such a short cruise as we do on longer cruises.

That’s interesting Josy, we are the same, but only about 30% on P&O.

I actually find we have favoured the P&O cruises from Southampton as there is more to do.  As on Princess it’s the quizzes (I like these) and then the fruit and ice carving :lol: oh and choir but I can’t sing! 

I really enjoy the atrium activities P&O have started doing, especially the one where all the departments get to showcase their skills.  The Little competitions like guess the spice at Sindu, the hosted deck games and guest lecturers. I also really like their little pay extra activities Cocktail talks, scenic sailaways .

that said every sailing can be different, I’m happy to be on a cruise ship. 

Edited by Pink-belle
  • Like 1

Well I have checked in to the hotel in Southampton and the holiday has truly begun, just about to order my third “holiday” pint.

I will certainly report back but I will probably be a few days after Pink-Belle as we are going on to family and other overnight stays on our return from the cruise.

@Pink-bellehow is the fence going?

Edited by MX-Drew
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, Pink-belle said:

That’s interesting Josy, we are the same, but only about 30% on P&O.

I actually find we have favoured the P&O cruises from Southampton as there is more to do.  As on Princess it’s the quizzes (I like these) and then the fruit and ice carving :lol: oh and choir but I can’t sing! 

I really enjoy the atrium activities P&O have started doing, especially the one where all the departments get to showcase their skills.  The Little competitions like guess the spice at Sindu, the hosted deck games and guest lecturers. I also really like their little pay extra activities Cocktail talks, scenic sailaways .

that said every sailing can be different, I’m happy to be on a cruise ship. 

In recent years we have sailed on Celebrity, P&O, RC and NCL. Which one is best ?, the next one. They all have their good points. I'm sure Princess, Saga, Fred,  Regent, etc have their loyal fans. We are loyal to all of them. We have only been on about 30.cruises and would go on any of them again in a heartbeat.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

Well I have checked in to the hotel in Southampton and the holiday has truly begun, just about to order my third “holiday” pint.

I will certainly report back but I will probably be a few days after Pink-Belle as we are going on to family and other overnight stays on our return from the cruise.

@Pink-bellehow is the fence going?

I’m sure you’re well past the third pint now MX.

we came to an “understanding” about the fence, all posts and rails in, close couple boards will be done on our return.  I’m actually glad it’s done, he also got the grass cut and it looks nice and tidy.  I just washed everything that wasn’t out of sight in a drawer!!!. Now I know why I like travelling the hour and 15 minutes to Southampton the night before 🤣

• Like 1

Going to be travelling down from North Wales the day before our cruise. Any nice places/areas to stay that anyone can recommend? Want to be within 30 minutes drive of the port our embarkation time is 11.30

46 minutes ago, broooce said:

Going to be travelling down from North Wales the day before our cruise. Any nice places/areas to stay that anyone can recommend? Want to be within 30 minutes drive of the port our embarkation time is 11.30

Try the Balmer Lawn Hotel at Brockenhurst.  In the New Forest and they often do cruise packages so that you can get free parking and a minibus to the terminal etc.

1 hour ago, broooce said:

Depends on your budget and where you want to stay, but the Harbour Hotel in Southampton is fab. They have a rooftop terrace bar/bistro that overlooks the Solent so is a great place for ship spotting. The hotel looks like a ship and a lot of the rooms have balconies! 

23 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

May be see you on board.

So pleased for you, have a brilliant time.

Finally the day has come where P&O return to cruising! Excited for all of you that are boarding today!

I'm booked on one of Britannia's seacations very soon and can't wait! For those going today, I wonder if you could let us know how the lateral flow testing goes - One of my party is worried about someone else sticking the swab up their nose (would prefer to do it themselves) so I'm hoping one of you can tell me if they offer/allow you to do it yourself, under their supervision - That should alleviate her nerves somewhat!

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, reef112 said:

Finally the day has come where P&O return to cruising! Excited for all of you that are boarding today!

I'm booked on one of Britannia's seacations very soon and can't wait! For those going today, I wonder if you could let us know how the lateral flow testing goes - One of my party is worried about someone else sticking the swab up their nose (would prefer to do it themselves) so I'm hoping one of you can tell me if they offer/allow you to do it yourself, under their supervision - That should alleviate her nerves somewhat!

I can only quote Keith Armstrong on Explorer yesterday on Bace Fook "Que at terminal, double Covid vaccine status and insurance checked by staff, then you are given a lateral flow test and do the test yoursejf in front of the third party medical team. You are sat down in departure lounge until tests come back and go through security to board".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1