Celebrity Mask Policy coming within 24 to 48 hours

36 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Yeah but they don't appear to have a plan as to how to achieve that goal. I don't think they have been able to secure private supply? If they had private supply would they not turning their ships into mass vaccination hubs for their operation? 

Most crew sourcing countries are way down in the vaccine race and using 2 shot vaccines possibly on a 12 week cycle I am not sure. And most cruise ship general crew appear/cabin crew appear to be younger so will be in the last groups for vaccinations?. So it could be a fair while yet before things really pick up on that front.

Hey, Ace!

Did you see the plan they posted last week detailing how they were planning to bring Adventure to Nassau, and Vision to Bermuda.  How about the ZOOM conference call they had for all C&A members in late February about the logistics of moving Jewel to Cyprus for a season?

NEWS FLASH !!!!!!

RCG doesn't tell us squat about what they are doing in the background, so for heaven's sake please let it go.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, pinnacleking2021 said:

they said they would release the health rules before allowing people to book.... what is wrong with them

Royal never said that.  Royal always stated 30 days prior to sailing.  Celebrity stated on their webinar that they would have information before bookings went on sale. 

16 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Royal never said that.  Royal always stated 30 days prior to sailing.  Celebrity stated on their webinar that they would have information before bookings went on sale. 

Did Celebrity start taking bookings yet?

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

Yeah but they don't appear to have a plan as to how to achieve that goal. I don't think they have been able to secure private supply? If they had private supply would they not turning their ships into mass vaccination hubs for their operation? 

Most crew sourcing countries are way down in the vaccine race and using 2 shot vaccines possibly on a 12 week cycle I am not sure. And most cruise ship general crew appear/cabin crew appear to be younger so will be in the last groups for vaccinations?. So it could be a fair while yet before things really pick up on that front.

How the heck do you know what their corporate office has planned?     did they consult you?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

In addition to @Ourusualbeach's answer above, it is generally considered smart to keep business secrets secret.  Why would Royal want to tell the other cruise lines how to get vaccinated crew when they are presumably in short supply?

Also, although you might be correct that most crew live in countries where vaccines are in short supply not all do.  At this point they need less than an 1/8 of there normal crew complement to be vaccinated to staff the three ships where they have promised vaccinated crew.  They probably can from the former Pullmantur crew as well.

Assuming Royal intends to renege on their promise and your saying so publicly is reckless.

Tom

I will give you the first paragraph. But what about rallying the stock price? Wouldn't release of vaccination plan do that?

4 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

I will give you the first paragraph. But what about rallying the stock price? Wouldn't release of vaccination plan do that?

Again, they don't want to give away their plan.   Remember there are various one shot vaccines available around the world, not everyone needs 2 doses to be fully vaccinated.     Their main goal is to get ships sailings, make revenue not rally the stock price.   That will happen on it's on when they have successful sailings and add more sailings over time.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

Young, wait? Nope! Multiple States in US already dropping Vaccine available all the way down to 16yrs old. Over 10 days Period week ago had 12 Places contact me schedule appt and come on in get Vaccine. Last of my 9 younger Sisters/Brothers got her first this week, 33yrs old. My Daughter 30 getting her second next Monday. Wont be hard them get Vaccine for couple small/medium ship start up, and if one shot and done 2 weeks all take Fully Vaccinated. Couple weeks ago State was in started giving J&J to Home Bound People, Homeless, Inner City and Rural. Good choice once and no followup, and many under impression wanting a better Vaccine left lot of these available. Openings for 3weeks were available 2 weeks ago, still have openings schedule this week in 2 of 3 Counties I could pick. State I'm in now have a choice, J&J in am, or Maderna in afternoons available...

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Young, wait? Nope! Multiple States in US already dropping Vaccine available all the way down to 16yrs old. Over 10 days Period week ago had 12 Places contact me schedule appt and come on in get Vaccine. Last of my 9 younger Sisters/Brothers got her first this week, 33yrs old. My Daughter 30 getting her second next Monday. Wont be hard them get Vaccine for couple small/medium ship start up, and if one shot and done 2 weeks all take Fully Vaccinated. Couple weeks ago State was in started giving J&J to Home Bound People, Homeless, Inner City and Rural. Good choice once and no followup, and many under impression wanting a better Vaccine left lot of these available. Openings for 3weeks were available 2 weeks ago, still have openings schedule this week in 2 of 3 Counties I could pick. State I'm in now have a choice, J&J in am, or Maderna in afternoons available...

I had my 2nd dose of pfizer today and I noticed they were giving 1st dose people an option if they wanted moderna or pfizer where I was today.    Nice to give you the option.    J & J was reserved for school teachers, bus drivers, restaurant workers, and someone else I cannot remember right now.   

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Us (U.S and UK) are doing very well in this rollout so is Israel and Serbia as well. But most crew sourcing countries like the Philippines and the like might not be rolling out that fast. I am sure it will all work itself out.

15 hours ago, molly361 said:

Did Celebrity start taking bookings yet?

How are the sales getting on? That will be an indicator to the cruise lines of the how the almost certain masking, distance policy etc etc is being received by customers I think.