Celebrity Mask Policy coming within 24 to 48 hours

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

And most likely for Royals foreseeable future.

I wouldn't say that...as policy will change accordingly..nothing wrong with that..if you don't want to take the chance book with a refundable deposit or don't book at all.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I wouldn't say that...as policy will change accordingly..nothing wrong with that..if you don't want to take the chance book with a refundable deposit or don't book at all.

Most of the people on these threads are waiting for today/tomorrow's booking which are already past final payment so want to know what policies are in effect before booking

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

Most of the people on these threads are waiting for today/tomorrow's booking which are already past final payment so want to know what policies are in effect before booking

I didn't realize the question/statement was only for past due final bookings...I was making a general comment.

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

H0w long can you hold a cabin? before it's released back to Royal?

It used to be 24 hours if booking without a TA.

Edited by Ashland

16 hours ago, Ashland said:

as policy will change accordingly

Yes I agree but I don't see this happening (IMO) until 2022. We hopefully will cruise this November. If I have to wear a mask great if not great. Anything to get on a ship.

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Four hours to go until the 48 hour mark😇

And at least 6 weeks at least since they announced the intent to pursue vaccination for staff. Since nothing further has been heard. We can assume they are no further forward in working out the dynamics of that plan. If it is the intent to sail with fully vaccinated staff then it could be a while longer before anything is heard. Or maybe they are trying to figure out how to step back from the intent to vaccinate staff for the moment to resume sailings and get money into the business and deal with the flack that will come from that vaccine walk back.

Edited by ace2542
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

And at least 6 weeks at least since they announced the intent to pursue vaccination for staff. Since nothing further has been heard. We can assume they are no further forward in working out the dynamics of that plan. If it is the intent to sail with fully vaccinated staff then it could be a while longer before anything is heard. Or maybe they are trying to figure out how to step back from the intent to vaccinate staff for the moment to resume sailings and get money into the business and deal with the flack that will come from that vaccine walk back.

Not only are they not backing down from their intent to vaccinate staff, they are doubling down and reaffirming it with every announcement of a new ship beginning embarkations from outside of the USA.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2021 at 6:38 AM, Sea Dog said:

Yes I agree but I don't see this happening (IMO) until 2022. We hopefully will cruise this November. If I have to wear a mask great if not great. Anything to get on a ship.

We are also booked for November, but wearing a mask is the one thing I would cancel over.  I don't mind wearing it here when I go out for shopping or even for a walk, and I could live with reduced capacity and social distancing, even some venues not being available, but I won't wear a mask on a cruise vacation.  If it's required, we'll cancel.  And we will have to know by August 6, or we will cancel anyway and not take a chance.

Pat

• Like 2

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Not only are they not backing down from their intent to vaccinate staff, they are doubling down and reaffirming it with every announcement of a new ship beginning embarkations from outside of the USA.

Yeah but they don't appear to have a plan as to how to achieve that goal. I don't think they have been able to secure private supply? If they had private supply would they not turning their ships into mass vaccination hubs for their operation? 

Most crew sourcing countries are way down in the vaccine race and using 2 shot vaccines possibly on a 12 week cycle I am not sure. And most cruise ship general crew appear/cabin crew appear to be younger so will be in the last groups for vaccinations?. So it could be a fair while yet before things really pick up on that front.

Edited by ace2542

3 hours ago, ace2542 said:

And at least 6 weeks at least since they announced the intent to pursue vaccination for staff. Since nothing further has been heard. We can assume they are no further forward in working out the dynamics of that plan.

Why do you think that they are going to share any of the details about how they are going to vaccinate the crew.  They said that it was a requirement...end of story, no further news coming nor required.

smh

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Yeah but they don't appear to have a plan as to how to achieve that goal. I don't they have been able to secure private supply? If they had private supply would they not turning their ships into mass vaccination hubs for their operation? 

Most crew sourcing countries are way down in the vaccine race and using 2 shot vaccines possibly on a 12 week cycle I am not sure. And most cruise ship general crew appear/cabin crew appear to be younger so will be in the last groups for vaccinations?. So it could be a fair while yet before things really pick up on that front.

In addition to @Ourusualbeach's answer above, it is generally considered smart to keep business secrets secret.  Why would Royal want to tell the other cruise lines how to get vaccinated crew when they are presumably in short supply?

Also, although you might be correct that most crew live in countries where vaccines are in short supply not all do.  At this point they need less than an 1/8 of there normal crew complement to be vaccinated to staff the three ships where they have promised vaccinated crew.  They probably can from the former Pullmantur crew as well.

Assuming Royal intends to renege on their promise and your saying so publicly is reckless.

Tom