Don’t want to open can of worms but....

mcgratru

1 hour ago, mcgratru said:

Have looked through dozens of pages of posts but cannot find info....can anyone confirm that small table and side chair have been removed from CB balcony cabins?

Barrel chair has been removed.  Little table is still there.

Two ways to get the chair which I have done. 
1. fillout and fax a special needs form to princess. If you have a bad back , tell them and let them know you need it.  Worked for me. 

2. Wait until you are onboard and request one. 

On our first cruise after the removal of the chairs when we first entered our balcony cabin (A201) Mrs. XBGuy, who rarely visits Cruise Critic and was unaware of the kerfuffle about the chair being removed, remarked, "Oh, there's so much more room."

When we wanted a second chair in our cabin, we pulled in one from the balcony.  It worked fine.

We also do like the little table.  We stack up trays, plates, cups and glasses--from room service and various snack runs to the buffet, pizzza place, Lido Grill or International Cafe--on that table so that the room steward can clear them all from one spot rather than picking them up from all around the cabin and the balcony.  Also, that little table is a great spot to put floral decorations.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Unfortunately...the first thing I do when I walk into the cabin for the first time is to put the cute little useless table in the closet.🤫

Same here. We are retired teachers on a budget so always book an inside. Not a lot of room, so the table goes in the closet. Holds hats, scarves, bags, etc. I love that we are discussing this. It's a "normal" cruise question. ♡

I understand the pain ( could be in the back )

Never had the problem, as never stayed in a balcony cabin....lol

Question... why have room service... if there is nowhere to eat it..... except in bed.....

never been one to have food in bed.... that it why we have table and chairs,,,,,

So bring back barrel chairs........ one can dream can't they