Vaccine Passports

jetsfan58

Hello my fellow Carnival Cruise Nuts. We all have heard (unless you have been in a deep sleep) about Cruising and Vaccines. Now we are staring to hear about Vaccine Passports. Some say that they are needed to help us get to "Whatever Normal Will Look Like" in the future. Some (such as the Florida Governor) are strongly opposed (What's New?) to the mere mention of the idea. Unfortunately, the majority of us will eventually have to Cruise from Florida. I pray that we will all be safe.  

Let's chat (you know I believe in total group transparency) about this nuance, another added document to tag along on our Cruises and/or a "Real" Industry 'mechanism to help us all remain as safe as possible. I still can remember the huge Cruise debates regarding "Birth Certificates vs Passports". We certainly don't want to go back there or do we? 

Alright Cruise Nuts Let's Talk.    

I would think this will be an App (rather than the old Yellow Vaccination card), that will be crossed referenced with the CDC and the World Health Organization who will verify that you have received your vaccinations (and possibly required boosters) to allow international travel

• Like 1

Just now, Radiioman46 said:

Does this comply with HIPPA?

Don’t need to worry about HIPPA. When you get malaria vaccine or Hep vaccine to go to Africa or Central America it’s all in paperwork you must supply to get in the plane and in the countries.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, trvlgirlmq said:

Don’t need to worry about HIPPA. When you get malaria vaccine or Hep vaccine to go to Africa or Central America it’s all in paperwork you must supply to get in the plane and in the countries.

The point of the passports is to make your personal information public which HIPPA rejects. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Radiioman46 said:

Does this comply with HIPPA?

I agree with Trvlgirl.

Even with that,,,, International travel is NOT a God given right. Don't want to prove your a US citizen, don't get a passport. Your choice. Want to get a passport but don't want to prove you've received the vaccinations required to enter a foreign country, don't travel.

Too easy.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Radiioman46 said:

The point of the passports is to make your personal information public which HIPPA rejects. 

HIPPA is for US laws and regulations.

Vaccination passport is for foreign travel.

2 different things

• Like 4

HIPPA doesn't mind you making it public, just not others doing it.  I think they will be needed so we can comfortably travel without being exposed to those who chose to not get the vaccine.  

We restricted smokers, now it is time to restrict the unvaccinated.

• Like 6

So, you think that these passports will not be used by businesses and maybe even the gov to prohibit ppl?

I've already read stories about public schools not allowing students that haven't been vaxed. The slippery slope is alive and well. 

• Like 1

Hippa is to prevent unauthorized access. I think public health is a magic key that unlocks a lot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Radiioman46 said:

So, you think that these passports will not be used by businesses and maybe even the gov to prohibit ppl?

I've already read stories about public schools not allowing students that haven't been vaxed. The slippery slope is alive and well. 

You may be right. Therefore, you have the right not to travel.

Don't want to get vaxed, your choice. Want to get vaxed but not have it officially documented knowing you can't travel, your choice.

Life is all about choices

• Like 7

Just now, klfrodo said:

You may be right. Therefore, you have the right not to travel.

Don't want to get vaxed, your choice. Want to get vaxed but not have it officially documented knowing you can't travel, your choice.

Life is all about choices

At least you're not denying that passports will be used to deny ppl their right to live in a free nation.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Radiioman46 said:

There are already vaccinations that have to be proven to travel internationally to certain countries. If Covid vaccination is required to travel internationally, how can HIPAA prevent that?

31 minutes ago, Radiioman46 said:

This is all for public health. We would be in big trouble without agencies looking out for public health.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coffeebean said:

There are already vaccinations that have to be proven to travel internationally to certain countries. If Covid vaccination is required to travel internationally, how can HIPAA prevent that?

Yes, but I don't think that I have that info included in my passport? right? When I cruise, I don't have to prove that I've been vaxed for malaria, polio, TB, and all the others. But now, this?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Radiioman46 said:

Yes, but I don't think that I have that info included in my passport? right? When I cruise, I don't have to prove that I've been vaxed for malaria, polio, TB, and all the others. But now, this?

This will give you an idea of which vaccines are required to enter which countries.....

Vaccination Requirements for International Travel

5 minutes ago, Radiioman46 said:

Depends on where you travel or cruise

Proof of yellow fever vaccination is required to enter some countries. This proof is not valid until 10 days after you get the vaccine because of the time it takes for the medicine to protect you, so you may need to change your travel plans if you can’t get the vaccine soon enough.

6 minutes ago, Radiioman46 said:

NO vaccines are included in your passport.

Your proof of citizenship is 1 passport.

The "proof of Covid vaccine" proposal is completely different and separate from your Citizenship Passport.  The current proposal is just called a "Vaccine" Passport. It could be called "Proof of Vaccination Document". Who knows

• Like 1