The Daily for Wednesday Apr 07, 2021

richwmn

42 minutes ago, Av8rix said:

Omigosh, you're right @Copper10-8!  Don't know why I told Roy earlier that they were using twin Otters for the Taku Glacier Lodge excursion.  Guess it was because we flew down to a local field a couple of days ago where they were definitely using the turbo twins for skydiving operations and I guess I had those on my mind.

No worries Susan! 😉 Back in the late nineties, we took a scenic flight on a Twin Otter N235SA operated by Promech Air, also out of Juneau (see pic). We wound up taking a HAL cruise some four-five months later which called at Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, USVI. To our surprise, that same Twin Otter was now operating flightseeing trips out of the USVI, so we took another flight on her. It turns out, like the employees of Diamond Int'l and other such fine establishments  🤐, this single DHC-6, once the Alaska season was over, flew cross-country, and then some, all the way from Juneau, AK to Charlotte Amalie to make money there in the winter season

DHC-6 Twin Otter and AMsterdam.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Rich. Prayers for you, Roy but proud of you for getting your walking done. Now that the weather is getting nicer I have no excuse and must tackle some of the mundane chores for the approaching summer months. 

Had a horrible scare last night. As I was going out with the dog for her last trip of the night I saw something running towards us. I pulled the dog inside and closed the screen as a big cat with white strips runs into to light from the door. I screamed and the skunk bee lines for some outbuildings. Time to suggest it doesn’t make a home here but keeps moving on. Scary thing is none of my neighbors even heard my scream even being outside. Not reassuring if I really needed help. 

Edited by lindaler
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, kplady said:

Enjoy your day (it's beautiful here in NY, and my DS is going to the Yankee game this evening),

Laura

Sorry, but I hope DS will be disappointed tonight.

Roy

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Norseh2o said:

Celebrating my dear Mother's 101 birthday today!  Enjoyed a long weekend in the Valley fo the Sun with some family and a few friends.  Thanks to my baby sister and brother in law for hosting, my older sister for setting up Zoom, the food bringers and bbq-ers and to all who shared their memories, kind words and love with Ruth.  I hope that when I am 101, someone will remember that my middle name is Ruth and bring me a Baby Ruth and of course, a Dalmation

IMG_2929.thumb.jpeg.f71318047539d3ba772ea50f1bd1ac8b.jpeg

IMG_2958.jpeg

Happy Birthday to your Mother!!!  Wow 101!  That is 10 years older than my Mother, I can’t wait to tell her. 

• Like 3

Good evening everyone!!  Sorry for my lateness, I’ve had a crazy day. I had to reschedule a regular dental appointment from later in April because of our Las Vegas trip and they had a cancellation for this morning so off I went after taking DGD to school. Everything is fine but I do need a small filling which I scheduled for early May. I am not happy about this because I haven’t had one since I was a kid. 

Then I had errands to run, went to 4 different places, something that I haven’t done in such a long time. After lunch, I picked up DGD from school.  Whew, I was tired. 

In between all of that I was trying to fix my email. It stopped downloading  on my iPhone and after several fixes finally had to delete and reinstall (after checking it on my PC). 

Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your lists Roy. 

I enjoyed all the beaver “stuff” and will celebrate with a beer soon, probably when DM and I go for Mexican food. I really prefer wine but at a Mexican restaurant beer is the best. I would happily celebrate the drink of the day but don’t have any orange juice. 

I will pass on the meal suggestion, I love pizza but chili cheese dog pizza just doesn’t appeal to me. Caramel popcorn is good but I prefer Kettle Corn. Pre-pandemic there was a Kettle Corn truck at a nearby corner market. 

We haven’t been to today’s port yet. I really enjoyed the pictures!  Thanks to all who contributed. 

Have a great evening everyone!

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

The bottom part of the sign translates as "Look at and see our large selections of extra Items".

DH used the Google Translate app on his phone to translate the sign, but the top part did not translate.

We have found the app very useful in traveling around the world.

Lenda

Thank you very much for that Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser

Very interesting , now looking at it again I believe the two lines at the bottom which you translated for me are in Danish  and the top two lines they certainly are  in Greenlandic an Eskimo - Aleut language which more than likely say the same thing now I see X-tra in Danish and X-tramiit in Aleut .

Tony 

• Like 4