Apex Sky Suite experience...

Bruin Steve

3 hours ago, KWW88 said:

Absolutely LOVED the window when I sat out there, and I was out there often.  I truly do not think you will be bothered by the MC, it is very unobtrusive and never stops goes to the top and goes to the bottom.  I am on an April 2022, TA, on Apex, but in a different suite this time.  When are you all cruising?

We sail April 2, 2022 out of Ft. Lauderdale.   

1 hour ago, KWW88 said:

Would you recommend Celebrity Suite?  If so, why, even though I know you can't compare it to a Sky Suite, was the balcony adequate?  We have an S1 booked for a TA in April 2022, but a few CS are still available and we are seriously considering the upgrade.  Agree Retreat and Retreat Lounge are fantastic, love the outdoor seating areas in both are fantastic. 

The Celebrity Suite (CS) on the Edge was our first CS and we really liked it.  First, the bedroom is separate from the living area which gives you more space in which to move around.   Second, the bathroom is divided into two separate but connecting areas with each area having a sink.  So we each had our own bathroom space.  There is so much storage space that we did not use it all.  There are two closets, one in the bedroom and one right inside the cabin door.  So we did not have to cram everything into one closet.  Third, all of the Edge CSs are in the forward area of the ship which makes getting to Luminae, the Retreat Lounge and the Retreat Sundeck very convenient.  When we wanted liquid refreshment, we just popped up to the Retreat Lounge or the bar on the Retreat Sundeck.  

17 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

It may be different on the Edge.  I was on an S class ship.  No service in the Retreat.  A person could have died of thirst waiting to get a drink.

It is different on the Edge and Apex.  You have a full bar and if you don't want to wait for an attendant, a bartender is available all day.  Not sure his/her time schedule, but we also had great service from our bartender.  This suite deck beats all of the other celebrity ships and hopefully will serve as a model on older ships.

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

It is different on the Edge and Apex.  You have a full bar and if you don't want to wait for an attendant, a bartender is available all day.  Not sure his/her time schedule, but we also had great service from our bartender.  This suite deck beats all of the other celebrity ships and hopefully will serve as a model on older ships.

Is there a bar in the Edge Retreat?  My recollection is that drinks are served by attendants and made in a back room.  Now the Retreat pool deck is an entirely different story, great bar and bartenders.

14 minutes ago, Oville said:

Is there a bar in the Edge Retreat?  My recollection is that drinks are served by attendants and made in a back room.  Now the Retreat pool deck is an entirely different story, great bar and bartenders.

Full bar.  And they serve a light lunch also.  The indoor lounge only has attendant service

Just now, Cruise a holic said:

Full bar.  And they serve a light lunch also.  The indoor lounge only has attendant service

Thank you for agreeing with me, the Retreat has no bar but the Retreat Pool Bar does and having lunch up there is a treat.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Oville said:

Thank you for agreeing with me, the Retreat has no bar but the Retreat Pool Bar does and having lunch up there is a treat.

We love the pool deck, but miss the ambiance of the M and S class suite lounges. Formerly know as Michael’s club

5 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

We love the pool deck, but miss the ambiance of the M and S class suite lounges. Formerly know as Michael’s club

I think X made a mistake not having a bar in the Edge Retreat.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Oville said:

I think X made a mistake not having a bar in the Edge Retreat.

Supposedly one was added to the Retreat on Apex.

We keep trying to confirm this, but X keeps canceling our cruises (3 so far) ! 
We haven’t given up though... 😉

Edited by C-Dragons

3 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Supposedly one was added to the Retreat on Apex.

We keep trying to confirm this, but X keeps canceling our cruises (3 so far) ! 
We haven’t given up though... 😉

That would be a big improvement, thanks and fingers crossed.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KWW88 said:

Would you recommend Celebrity Suite?  If so, why, even though I know you can't compare it to a Sky Suite, was the balcony adequate?  We have an S1 booked for a TA in April 2022, but a few CS are still available and we are seriously considering the upgrade.  Agree Retreat and Retreat Lounge are fantastic, love the outdoor seating areas in both are fantastic. 

We stayed in a CS (12104) on Edge on the same deck and just across from Luminae so it was very convenient to the Retreat as well.  The CS was similar in set up to the CS on the S-Class ships.  Overall very nice.  It had a split bathroom arrangement which was a plus for us.   It is significantly more expensive than a Sky Suite but essentially the same level of benefits.  As you asked about the balcony, it was more narrow than the CS on S-Class.  And a complete overhang roof.   It had two arm chairs and a small dining table with two chairs.  No reclining lounge chairs.  Our request for one was turned down by the staff.  Also no foot stools to go with the arm chairs.  People who have stayed in corner aft sky suites or sunset verandas (non-suites) report larger balconies with the ability to get lounge chairs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"" Now I understand we can eat all of our meals in Luminae.. ""

Just to add specifics, Luminae is open for Breakfast and Dinner every day. Lunch is only open on sea days. ( If they have it, try the lamb burger lunch. You won't be disappointed. ) Dinner service takes a while as no one is rushed and the wine flows. Just take that into account when making evening plans. 

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

We stayed in a CS (12104) on Edge on the same deck and just across from Luminae so it was very convenient to the Retreat as well.  The CS was similar in set up to the CS on the S-Class ships.  Overall very nice.  It had a split bathroom arrangement which was a plus for us.   It is significantly more expensive than a Sky Suite but essentially the same level of benefits.  As you asked about the balcony, it was more narrow than the CS on S-Class.  And a complete overhang roof.   It had two arm chairs and a small dining table with two chairs.  No reclining lounge chairs.  Our request for one was turned down by the staff.  Also no foot stools to go with the arm chairs.  People who have stayed in corner aft sky suites or sunset verandas (non-suites) report larger balconies with the ability to get lounge chairs.

Thanks so much for the detailed info!  Sounds like the S1 and CS biggest diff is w/the bathroom and the separate BR.  The cost to upgrade is $2540.00, certainly not cheap but not as big a diff as I had expected.  Now it is decision time.  Thanks gain, much appreciated.

19 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

Wow, that's surprising and pretty awful.  I've never had that problem on a X ship before.

Which X ship was it?

Equinox.  Don't know why things were so off there, but they were.  On the other hand, Luminae was absolutely the best experience ever, both for food and service.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, KWW88 said:

Thanks so much for the detailed info!  Sounds like the S1 and CS biggest diff is w/the bathroom and the separate BR.  The cost to upgrade is $2540.00, certainly not cheap but not as big a diff as I had expected.  Now it is decision time.  Thanks gain, much appreciated.

Best of luck.  In any case being able to access The Retreat area on Edge is a great experience.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Best of luck.  In any case being able to access The Retreat area on Edge is a great experience.

How big is the bedroom in a CS?  We did a cabin crawl way back when and if I have the right cabin in mind, the BR looked tight but that could have been the next suite up with the TV hanging over the bed.  Thanks

13 minutes ago, Oville said:

How big is the bedroom in a CS?  We did a cabin crawl way back when and if I have the right cabin in mind, the BR looked tight but that could have been the next suite up with the TV hanging over the bed.  Thanks

The CS on the E class ships have the television attached to the wall opposite the bed.

The Royal suites have the TV that comes down from the ceiling and are a little more roomy than the CS.

They each have their own pluses and minuses, Imo. But I'd take either one for the right price. 😁

Edited by C-Dragons

48 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Equinox.  Don't know why things were so off there, but they were.  On the other hand, Luminae was absolutely the best experience ever, both for food and service.

When you said that you had no service in the Retreat were you actually referencing the Michael’s club that changed names?  No service at any time of day?  Not even in the evenings?

I was wondering if you were talking about the new outside area?

We usually sail in a sky suite and enjoyed the service in S and M class in the retreat lounge (Michael’s) compared to the self service aspect of the Edge class. Edge class seemed to be more like the suite class on RCL I wonder now with COVID whether they will continue with the self service aspect or revert to the old style.  

1 hour ago, C-Dragons said:

The CS on the E class ships have the television attached to the wall opposite the bed.

The Royal suites have the TV that comes down from the ceiling and are a little more roomy than the CS.

They each have their own pluses and minuses, Imo. But I'd take either one for the right price. 😁

Thanks, still loved that aft corner S1 but they’re hard to comeby.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jagoffee said:

When you said that you had no service in the Retreat were you actually referencing the Michael’s club that changed names?  No service at any time of day?  Not even in the evenings?

I was wondering if you were talking about the new outside area?

No, I was referring to the venue previously known as Michael's.  I did not visit the outside Retreat area, as it is not accessible by elevator and I don't do stairs.  I only visited the Retreat in the late afternoon or pre dinner.  Finally just gave up on it as it was not the warm, welcoming atmosphere I was accustomed to.

19 hours ago, delondin said:

We usually sail in a sky suite and enjoyed the service in S and M class in the retreat lounge (Michael’s) compared to the self service aspect of the Edge class. Edge class seemed to be more like the suite class on RCL I wonder now with COVID whether they will continue with the self service aspect or revert to the old style.  

Not sure what you mean by self-service aspect of Edge Class in The Retreat?  Not in my experience but based on just one Edge sailing.  But I have been on many sailings on M-Class and S-Class ships in suites and I can say that the Edge-class suite experience wins by a mile IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1