Royal Class Mini-Suites, Any Decent Balconies?

Mike45LC

Our last cruise before the "pause" was in a mini-suite on the Royal.  The first thing I noticed about our cabin was that the balcony was too small to enjoy.  I estimate it at 4 feet by 9 feet.  There was no room to sit on the balcony with my legs stretched out, except length-wise, which would preclude my wife from doing the same.

We are now looking at the Enchanted P for 2022, and would again prefer a mini-suite.  Do any of these cabins have a reasonable sized balcony?  

Thanks in advance!

Mike

We’ve booked a mini suite mid ship on deck 15 Marina cabin 422 with the angled extended balcony.  These types of mini with larger balconies are available on other decks as well, but we like just going up and down the stairs to Lido deck.  Noise has never been an issue for us.  Most of the mini suites do have the smaller balcony, so you really have to take a good look at the deck plan.  Hope this helps!

We had extended angled balcony C409 on the Sky and booked A409 on the Enchanted.  Loved the extra room on the balcony, shower/tub combo and the sofa.  

For our Discovery Alaska trip next year we are in R415 as the balcony will give us a bit of a wake view for that trip.  

We have also requested not to be upgraded without consultation not sure how frequently Princess upgrades but HAL even on my solo cruises usually upped my guarantees.

If you are not wanting a tub, you also might check out a Premium Deluxe Balcony. These have a loveseat and some of them also have the larger balconies. Take a look at the deck plans on Princess and you may find one in your preferred location. And maybe someday, we may try a mini suite! 

P.S. If you want a HUGE balcony, try one a cabin on the bow. However, the railings are metal and not plexiglass and you need to stand to see the view.

7 hours ago, Sprocket said:

We had extended angled balcony C409 on the Sky and booked A409 on the Enchanted.  Loved the extra room on the balcony, shower/tub combo and the sofa.  

For our Discovery Alaska trip next year we are in R415 as the balcony will give us a bit of a wake view for that trip.  

We have also requested not to be upgraded without consultation not sure how frequently Princess upgrades but HAL even on my solo cruises usually upped my guarantees.

Do you have any pictures of the angled balcony in C409? We are booked in R409 on the Enchanted & I haven’t been able to find any pictures of the angled balcony. Thank you. 

Edited by cheriberi
Forgot to add quote

Thanks, everyone, for the info.  I hate trying to study the floor plans these days on my phone -- the screen is too tiny.  I guess I'll have to use my desktop and its monitor to try to compare balcony sizes.  

When I was looking at the Enchanted P's deck plans on my phone the other day, I could not even find the color codes for the different cabin categories to see which ones were mini-suites.

We are in a mini-suite club class - r421. I tried to have our Princess vacation planner get one with a large balcony but he said that was the last one on the Riviera deck.  But if I do a mock booking, it shows more club class available, but won't give a cabin number. hmmm

On 4/10/2021 at 8:35 PM, Mike45LC said:

Our last cruise before the "pause" was in a mini-suite on the Royal.  The first thing I noticed about our cabin was that the balcony was too small to enjoy.  I estimate it at 4 feet by 9 feet.  There was no room to sit on the balcony with my legs stretched out, except length-wise, which would preclude my wife from doing the same.

We are now looking at the Enchanted P for 2022, and would again prefer a mini-suite.  Do any of these cabins have a reasonable sized balcony?  

Thanks in advance!

Mike

I'd suggest checking the Princess site & look at each deck for the accommodations you want. There are good diagrams of the deck layouts. These will show the "angled" balconies. This was one thing I liked about our Hawaii tour last year(just before the bug shut it all down)The Star Princess, though in need of real TLC did have a large balcony. Only downside was the ability for pax on decks above ours to look down onto us.