Question on 50% Capacity Bookings

rabin1

9 hours ago, mellon1 said:

I wonder why Princess is not requiring vaccines.

Princess has not stated (because they have not decided) if they will require passengers to be vaccinated when regular cruises resume.

They are requiring passengers to be vaccinated on the pandemic seacation cruises they have set up for UK residents this summer.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, caribill said:

Princess has not stated (because they have not decided) if they will require passengers to be vaccinated when regular cruises resume.

They are requiring passengers to be vaccinated on the pandemic seacation cruises they have set up for UK residents this summer.

I wonder if you have your vaccine if they will still test you at the site for covid?  What do you think?

27 minutes ago, mellon1 said:

I wonder if you have your vaccine if they will still test you at the site for covid?  What do you think?

AFAIK, covid tests are not being considered for the UK summer cruises by those lines that require you to be fully vaccinated prior to boarding.

13 hours ago, mellon1 said:

13 hours ago, wowzz said:

AFAIK, covid tests are not being considered for the UK summer cruises by those lines that require you to be fully vaccinated prior to boarding.

For the USA, much will depend on what the CDC requires.

The proposed rules by the CDC last fall before vaccines were available wanted testing before boarding the ship at a USA port on embarkation day as well as testing right after leaving the ship at the end of the cruise before leaving the cruise terminal.

One of the original proposals or theories that I had read about said that some cruise lines would not only move everyone to a balcony, but they would alternate decks leaving entire decks empty (perhaps for isolation or to simply reduce the number of passengers).  I have noticed in the last 6 months when looking various Princess cruises for balconies that some ships are only showing a handful of decks available.  But we are all really just guessing...

5 hours ago, caribill said:

For the USA, much will depend on what the CDC requires.

The proposed rules by the CDC last fall before vaccines were available wanted testing before boarding the ship at a USA port on embarkation day as well as testing right after leaving the ship at the end of the cruise before leaving the cruise terminal.

Also, the cruise lines should take into account that a lot of their regular customers will not get onto ships if all of the passengers are not required to be vaccinated.  I know that this is the way my wife feels which means that I feel that way too.  That is economics and has nothing to do w CDC requirements.  Do the cruise lines want to alienate the 90% of the passengers who have been vaccinated to pick up the 10% of the the passengers who refuse to be vaccinated.  

DON

• Like 4

On 4/16/2021 at 1:58 PM, wowzz said:

Don't know about the others, but Saga booking conditions quite clearly state mandatory pre departure testing for crew and guests. Not sure if this applies to just the June and July departures, or for the rest of this year.

https://travel.saga.co.uk/cruises/ocean/cruise-return-to-service.aspx

Plus, section 13 on their current booking conditions refers to mandatory testing for Covid-19.

NHN-SC5049_Booking_Conditions.pdf

On 4/16/2021 at 8:29 AM, mellon1 said:

I wonder if you have your vaccine if they will still test you at the site for Covid?  What do you think?

If a cruise was originating in Canada they would as everything our authorities have done and said so far gives no credence to the vaccines.  They want us all to get vaccinated, but then nothing in one's life changes once vaccinated.  It is likely many people are not bothering - at least for the time being.

17 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

If a cruise was originating in Canada they would as everything our authorities have done and said so far gives no credence to the vaccines.  They want us all to get vaccinated, but then nothing in one's life changes once vaccinated.  It is likely many people are not bothering - at least for the time being.

We understand...same in US

11 hours ago, donaldsc said:

Also, the cruise lines should take into account that a lot of their regular customers will not get onto ships if all of the passengers are not required to be vaccinated.  I know that this is the way my wife feels which means that I feel that way too.  That is economics and has nothing to do w CDC requirements.  Do the cruise lines want to alienate the 90% of the passengers who have been vaccinated to pick up the 10% of the the passengers who refuse to be vaccinated.  

DON

Princess bread and butter has been the upper age group, not the young group.  I would think they would do what they can to keep them as they do year after year.

51 minutes ago, nosapphire said:

Don't know about the others, but Saga booking conditions quite clearly state mandatory pre departure testing for crew and guests. Not sure if this applies to just the June and July departures, or for the rest of this year.

https://travel.saga.co.uk/cruises/ocean/cruise-return-to-service.aspx

Plus, section 13 on their current booking conditions refers to mandatory testing for Covid-19.

NHN-SC5049_Booking_Conditions.pdf 161.23 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks for that perspective!