Caribbean Princess - Sushi???

Barry ATL

I've seen/eaten "sushi" in the MDR and buffet (no costs) on several Princess ships.  I haven't been on the Royal Class, but understand they have a "sushi" bar.  From previous experience....YOU could probably make better sushi at home.  The rice is all wrong.  No sashimi or shrimp or other carnivorous toppings.  It was passible, but not very good.

• Like 1

No sushi bar on the Caribbean Princess. There is a Vines wine bar. In the evening they sometimes have sushi when you order a drink. I have also seen sushi available sometimes in the World Market Place buffet area. 

• Like 1

I cannot recommend the sushi that they serve in the buffet.   Made ahead of time and sitting out the rice is dry.   Now if they have an Indian Food buffet one night I can recommend that.   I think it was some of the best Indian food we have eaten..   We were also on the Caribbean Princes when they had the evening buffet.  

11 minutes ago, Barry ATL said:

We do not drink wine.  If Vines has sushi, do we purchase it?

I do not believe you can purchase the 'tapas' food given complimentary at Vines when you order a glass of wine, which includes the sushi, I do not think I saw these tapas offered anywhere else on the ship.

On non Royal class ships like the Caribbean Princess, the few times you will find sushi is as an appetizer on a lunch or dinner menu and it will be only one type of roll. If offered in the Buffett on maybe Asian theme night, you will have platter of a variety but as previous posted , not really great, think what you might get in a local supermarket that does not have any sushi training/background 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barry ATL said:

We do not drink wine.  If Vines has sushi, do we purchase it?

In the past sushi was not available for purchase on the Caribbean Princess. If you order a drink at Vines you can ask for a serving. Believe you could order a cocktail or maybe even a soft drink. They also had tapas. I remember seeing sushi and tapas during happy hours, not the entire day.

Edited by skynight