Drink Vouchers for Diamond, etc.

37 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

No issues getting a margarita either, just can't be a frozen margarita.

Oasis was doing frozen drinks in Diamond lounge this past January, SL wasn't,  to much noise

16 hours ago, Biker19 said:

It doesn't look like things changed any after Quantum's 2 week wetdock - she started sailing again yesterday:

May be an image of text that says 'J SOCIETY YOUR ONBOARD OFFERS ARE LOADED YOUR SEAPASS CARD EXCLUSIVE ONBOARD AC FOR DIAMOND Please make purchase Sincerely, always, pleasureto WINE DINE wine, SERVICES $10 Clean Press $34.99 Wash Fold Laundry night sailings) Tuxedo ENTERTAINMENT $25) Photo One Internet device or ($22.99] off any Package 10%of Photo ackage Photobook 20% offan SpaS (excluding rate 32 Conditions cruise, for paying additional available incurred Loyalty Ambassador's onboard accounts. Otters applicable Members Labadee Perfect benefit nternet island. one-time will RovalCar INTERNA Quantum of the Seas 26 April 2021 (First Cruise after Wetdock) SINGAPORE CRUISE SOCIETY'

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Thanks for update, but wasn't there a coffee voucher at one time?

Please explain how this works I'm new to Diamond 4 free drinks daily, then 50% wine, soda, 20% off wine & soda?? I'm confused. Where can you get these drinks only at a bar or at dinner. We don't drink mixed drinks or wine only soft drinks or coffee.

Edited by Lorey2007

5 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

Please explain how this works I'm new to Diamond 4 free drinks daily, then 50% wine, soda, 20% off wine & soda?? I'm confused. Where can you get these drinks only at a bar or at dinner. We don't drink mixed drinks or wine only soft drinks or coffee.

We're soda drinkers too....If you can get them anytime (new policy)...Get them at any bar, server or dining venues.

We ask for a can (Coca Cola) at bars & dining... Hoping we'll still be able to as we hate the watered down fountain version.

13 minutes ago, Ashland said:

We're soda drinkers too....If you can get them anytime (new policy)...Get them at any bar, server or dining venues.

We ask for a can (Coca Cola) at bars & dining... Hoping we'll still be able to as we hate the watered down fountain version.

Thanks hope we can use those 4 drinks (can soda) at dinner if not that perk will be pretty useless to us.  Maybe a specialty coffee at breakfast? 

8 minutes ago, killsport said:

If one pax is diamond and the other isn’t (same cabin) do they both get the daily drinks?

No, only the person who is diamond will get the drinks on their sea pass card.  If the DL is open, only the diamond member will have access to that lounge.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Lorey2007 said:

Thanks hope we can use those 4 drinks (can soda) at dinner if not that perk will be pretty useless to us.  Maybe a specialty coffee at breakfast? 

If there "anytime" usage....get them at lunch & dinner or whenever you choose.

You're very welcome.

Just be careful ordering diamond drinks at the main restaurant dining table as in the past I have been charged and had to go to reception desk to have them taken off. To be fair the rules did use to say that you couldn’t use the diamond drinks vouchers in the main restaurants but some ships ignored this.

The 50% off a glass of wine or beer voucher ( pre loaded to your card) can only be used once and therefore I usually  use it against a nice wine. Likewise the 20% off voucher. Make sure you tell the waiter that you want to use the 50% off voucher or the 20% off voucher. Equally if you want to use one of your diamond allowance drinks you will need to tell the waiter.

Edited by HalifaxYorksCruiser
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Oasis was doing frozen drinks in Diamond lounge this past January, SL wasn't,  to much noise

About that time ( January-March 2020) we found Mariner offering a frozen drink in the SL.  Other venues around the ship  would allow you to use 2 vouchers for a frozen drink.  

M

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

Just be careful ordering diamond drinks at the main restaurant dining table as in the past I have been charged and had to go to reception desk to have them taken off. To be fair the rules did use to say that you couldn’t use the diamond drinks vouchers in the main restaurants but some ships ignored this.

The 50% off a glass of wine or beer voucher ( pre loaded to your card) can only be used once and therefore I usually  use it against a nice wine. Likewise the 20% off voucher. Make sure you tell the waiter that you want to use the 50% off voucher or the 20% off voucher. Equally if you want to use one of your diamond allowance drinks you will need to tell the waiter.

Let me get this straight.   The rules  (stateroom letter?) said  you could not use the vouchers in the  dining room, you ordered a drink, ( likely had to sign a receipt so you were aware of the  charge),  were changed, then complained about the  valid charge and had the charge removed?    

Happily, I  believe all ships were allowing voucher  use in the dining room at the  shutdown.  

M

45 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

About that time ( January-March 2020) we found Mariner offering a frozen drink in the SL.  Other venues around the ship  would allow you to use 2 vouchers for a frozen drink.  

M

Was Mariner getting them from the VCL?

I can't see them using a noisy blender in there.

37 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Let me get this straight.   The rules  (stateroom letter?) said  you could not use the vouchers in the  dining room, you ordered a drink, ( likely had to sign a receipt so you were aware of the  charge),  were changed, then complained about the  valid charge and had the charge removed?    

Happily, I  believe all ships were allowing voucher  use in the dining room at the  shutdown.  

M

That was a very old interpretation of the vouchers. But as I recall, some ships werevslow to adopt. Majesty was one

• Like 2

16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We sailed Mariner in February 2020 and they were not doing frozen drinks in the Diamond lounge.  DL was having enough issues dealing with the overcrowding.  DL was standing room only, as was the overflow in the VCL.  There was a bar in the far corner of the DL with one bartender making drinks and taking cabin numbers.  Huge line for drinks.

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

M

To explain. I was aware of the “rules” that you could not use diamond lounge entitlements in the main dining room. However on one cruise the waiter told me he would get our drinks on the diamond entitlement. Did not sign for the drinks but still ended up on our bill at the end of the cruise. I did get them removed though by reception desk. It seems a bit hit and miss whether some ships allow you to get diamond drinks in the MDR.

7 minutes ago, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

To explain. I was aware of the “rules” that you could not use diamond lounge entitlements in the main dining room. However on one cruise the waiter told me he would get our drinks on the diamond entitlement. Did not sign for the drinks but still ended up on our bill at the end of the cruise. I did get them removed though by reception desk. It seems a bit hit and miss whether some ships allow you to get diamond drinks in the MDR.

What ship did this happen on?  The rules changed and they allowed diamond drinks in the MDR in early 2019, if not earlier.

• Like 2

On 4/28/2021 at 10:36 AM, reallyitsmema said:

We sailed Mariner in February 2020 and they were not doing frozen drinks in the Diamond lounge.  DL was having enough issues dealing with the overcrowding.  DL was standing room only, as was the overflow in the VCL.  There was a bar in the far corner of the DL with one bartender making drinks and taking cabin numbers.  Huge line for drinks.

The Oasis bar is a full bar behind closed doors. Big difference. Most lounge bars aren't equiped like that.

I am surprised no one offered to get you one from VCL. I know they were getting them for us in SL. Newcastle drafts as well😁

On 4/28/2021 at 9:46 AM, John&LaLa said:

Was Mariner getting them from the VCL?

I can't see them using a noisy blender in there.

Don't know where the drinks are made.        I don't recall any bar set up in the Mariner  SL.  They would  have to go somewhere to get any drink.  

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

On 4/28/2021 at 10:36 AM, reallyitsmema said:

We sailed mariner  B2B in January 2020 and definitely had an option for (selected?) frozen drinks in the SL. Spouse likes a Pina Colada and I recall that was an option.  I think a frozen Margarita as well. I don't know about  other options - I didn't order any.    

Someone on these boards (I thought it was  John but maybe not since  he asked about getting the drinks from VCL) mentioned the frozen drink option in the lounge.  Also mentioned  ( don't recall who) was to the  ability to use 2 voucher to get a frozen drink elsewhere around the ship.

M

PS - I was working on one of the computers in the  Mariner DL.  I do a bit of consulting and love that I can complete the work anywhere - even on a ship!  I was asked to leave the area as  I was infringing on the bar area.    They did offer me a drink for my trouble😀 

Edited by cruisegirl1

22 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Don't know where the drinks are made.        I don't recall any bar set up in the Mariner  SL.  They would  have to go somewhere to get any drink.  

M

I guess I pay more attention. 

Mariner brings in a table to make drinks in both the DL and SL. Fairly common in Voyager and Freedom ships. 

But they do grab drinks from the VCL as needed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I guess I pay more attention. 

Mariner brings in a table to make drinks in both the DL and SL. Fairly common in Voyager and Freedom ships. 

But they do grab drinks from the VCL as needed.

Never noticed in the Mariner SL.  I'll have to be more observant  or go more often.  We go in the AM, so no drinks!

I can picture it in the  DL,  just not the SL.

Thx

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Never noticed in the Mariner SL.  I'll have to be more observant  or go more often.  We go in the AM, so no drinks!

I can picture it in the  DL,  just not the SL.

Thx

Set up by the doors to the outside deck

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/24/2021 at 9:23 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

That post was riddled with errors which is why Royal asked them to pull it.

if you look at what the6 are doing on Quantum it is 4, 5 or 6 drinks anytime any bar for D, D+ and P

Is that use on the day or do they carry over if not used?